• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Nah but seriously, happy Easter/Easter Sunday/Resurrection Sunday, whatever you want to call it. To be on brand, here's Mega Man being a bit of dumb dumb with an egg.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

What if there was a Smadhboards fighting game. And each fighter was a frequent user of the sight. What would your character be?
I don't know if I'd be considered a frequent or memorable user, but I'd probably be an all around with some special gimmicks.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What if there was a Smadhboards fighting game. And each fighter was a frequent user of the sight. What would your character be?
That'd be tough. I have more than one. My original was HyperFalcon(a faster version of Captain Falcon, with a completely golden coloring for his main costume, who attacks way faster, but has more endlag instead). Though among my OC's here, there's still Jackal Lantern... and that might be it?

I'm surprised I didn't do many here. I have some other ideas, though... if I get the right images first.

D

Deleted member

For me it would be Marth but he has spiked hair, energy attacks and he moves super fast

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I can't believe someone perfectly replicated neutral from Under-Night in Smash

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nah but seriously, happy Easter/Easter Sunday/Resurrection Sunday, whatever you want to call it. To be on brand, here's Mega Man being a bit of dumb dumb with an egg.
The animation on this OVA series was adorable and awesome and probably the single greatest crack anyone has taken at making anything resembling a series for Rock.

The fact that Japan thought their nightmarish work culture grooming education system was something that was totally awesome and should be marketed as a perk of their society to outside cultures is kinda creepy if you think too hard about it though.

I mean granted this is a hot take from a homeschooler in filthy America but I'm just saying Europe gets better grades than we do too and I'm pretty sure schedules aren't that intense there.

And on an unrelated note, seeing what looks like a partially metal power-up on a food plate also just raises so many questions for me mentally. Like I already know E-Tanks are basically somehow simultaneously oil and soda with all the questions that raises, I just have even more questions than before.

D

Deleted member

The animation on this OVA series was adorable and awesome and probably the single greatest crack anyone has taken at making anything resembling a series for Rock.

The fact that Japan thought their nightmarish work culture grooming education system was something that was totally awesome and should be marketed as a perk of their society to outside cultures is kinda creepy if you think too hard about it though.

I mean granted this is a hot take from a homeschooler in filthy America but I'm just saying Europe gets better grades than we do too and I'm pretty sure schedules aren't that intense there.

And on an unrelated note, seeing what looks like a partially metal power-up on a food plate also just raises so many questions for me mentally. Like I already know E-Tanks are basically somehow simultaneously oil and soda with all the questions that raises, I just have even more questions than before.
I sort of imagine that the robots just crush the energy between their hands to absorb it like Raiden in MGR.
The Archie Comics imply that the E -Tanks are pretty much drinks which makes me wonder if Rock is an alcoholic.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So in my watchthrough of DB, I'm at the part where the Red Ribbons are introduced and...

Talk about a tone shift. Granted, the series started taking itself a bit more seriously with the tournament arc.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Yeah, would have been nice if US kids actually gave more of a damn about the test animation for the Ruby-Spears proposal. Too early for its time, I guess.

That said, if it helps you feel better, there was a fan-made live-action movie that explained the issue of food consumption via "solar energy".

So in my watchthrough of DB, I'm at the part where the Red Ribbons are introduced and...

Talk about a tone shift. Granted, the series started taking itself a bit more seriously with the tournament arc.
It's still pretty light for the most part until the next tournament after THAT happens...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I sort of imagine that the robots just crush the energy between their hands to absorb it like Raiden in MGR.
The Archie Comics imply that the E -Tanks are pretty much drinks which makes me wonder if Rock is an alcoholic.
He's ten and a little dorky cinnamon roll, it can't NOT be soda.

I mean, presumably some kind of metaphorical soda in the form of some kind of oil or nanite slurry or something in pull-tab cans, but even aside from his young mental age he doesn't suffer any kind of drawback you'd expect from that kind of lifestyle.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That'd be tough. I have more than one. My original was HyperFalcon(a faster version of Captain Falcon, with a completely golden coloring for his main costume, who attacks way faster, but has more endlag instead). Though among my OC's here, there's still Jackal Lantern... and that might be it?

I'm surprised I didn't do many here. I have some other ideas, though... if I get the right images first.
Honestly, mine would be a female mix of Freddy Krueger and The Joker. She moves really fast and has a lot of range on the jabs thanks to the claws. And she has god powers so she can do weird reality bending psychological ****.

D

Deleted member

I mean, presumably some kind of metaphorical soda in the form of some kind of oil or nanite slurry or something in pull-tab cans, but even aside from his young mental age he doesn't suffer any kind of drawback you'd expect from that kind of lifestyle.
To be fair, he was going to straight up kill Wily in 7 before he was reminded of Asimov's rules. If you think about it, if even a single buster shot can punch through steel, than Mega Man's really dangerous considering his body is really tough too. Quint would practically be a walking sentient tank.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, mine would be a female mix of Freddy Krueger and The Joker. She moves really fast and has a lot of range on the jabs thanks to the claws. And she has god powers so she can do weird reality bending psychological ****.
If I get the image done, my second best option is a Fairy Codparent, which is basically a tuna on a stake(that pogo sticks around) in a dress with sparkles and carries a wand.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

On the topic of the comic, it's too bad Mega Man didn't get an IDW deal like Sonic did. Instead we got a reboot of an old Archie comic from the 60s (though at least the staff from said MM comic is on it).

To be fair, he was going to straight up kill Wily in 7 before he was reminded of Asimov's rules. If you think about it, if even a single buster shot can punch through steel, than Mega Man's really dangerous considering his body is really tough too. Quint would practically be a walking sentient tank.
Funnily enough, the Quint's Revenge fan game has Quint straight up be a proto-X in terms of abilities. That's one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to the sequel that's currently WIP.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This dude is asking me for voice acting tips but also being super annoying.
I'm not sure if I should feel happy or disappointed.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Being a one person army does not excuse you from being a dorky:ultpit: cinnamon:ultsonic: roll :ultinkling: and killing Wily might count as a Zeroth Law invocation. Especially considering that with how often Classic and X cross over, if Rock was privy to what might potentially happen. . .

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Is it long enough to do a mostly proper version of Sector Z? Not the tiny version that is Corneria, but a nice long course. Can't emulate the ships, but... eh.
Not really interested in doing Sector Z. I probably couldn't do it justice anyway. I know nothing about Star Fox.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not really interested in doing Sector Z. I probably couldn't do it justice anyway. I know nothing about Star Fox.
Don't need to know anything. It's literally just remaking the course from Smash 64 with exact proportions. You can't do a lot of the hazards anyway, so those are irrelevant. It's almost double the size of Corneria.

But fair enough. I'll look at other ideas. I can't think of a good way to describe any Quest 64 locations. I had to take a lot of liberties to make one course alone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On the topic of the comic, it's too bad Mega Man didn't get an IDW deal like Sonic did. Instead we got a reboot of an old Archie comic from the 60s (though at least the staff from said MM comic is on it).

Funnily enough, the Quint's Revenge fan game has Quint straight up be a proto-X in terms of abilities. That's one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to the sequel that's currently WIP.
Quint always struck me as being weirdly under utilised. He's an evil reprogammed Mega Man from the future, that's cool both story wise and gameplay wise. But all he does is ride around on a jackhammer. Why is Rockman Shadow, the failed prototype, more intimidating than Quint? Just look at him, he looks like a generic mook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom