• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wait, I just noticed a support thread for "Jane"

A character that we don't know anything about except for the fact she's a cute Persona 5 girl.
View attachment 210731

You can't be serious.
In case you were wondering, the user who started that is a Joker thread regular. I sincerely hope they're entirely prepared to change the thread title later this week.

Also, I hope that **** Eater Subs picks up this show again later on.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My mother is back to trying to make me feel like **** to feel better about herself train. Like, I get it, you are a better parent than your mom and I can't appreciate you, stop calling me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't have a thing against the depressing part (though it was really depressing), because I knew what I was getting into (or I thought I knew). I still can appreciate a lot of things in it.

I've yet to watch End of Evangelion though, I hope it clears at least some stuff up.
Somewhat, from what I hear. You'll soon go from "Huh?" to "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" for very specific reasons.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Lmao the guy who made YIIK is having a meltdown because people felt his game wasn't very good in the writing department and that the protagonist is unlikable.

For the record this is the same game that has the ******* white nerd treat the word 'ginger' the same way as the N word when people call him ginger
I'm seeing the quote around but I want a source outside of an image on Twitter.

Because let me tell you I've played so much YIIK (haven't beaten it yet but I absolutely will) and definitely had a hand in spreading the word on how absolutely bat**** ****ing crazy it is because many of my ****post tweets have spread like wildfire so I want to dunk on it as much as possible. The game is completely nuts, I can't even believe it exists. But I want to dunk responsibly.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Because let me tell you I've played so much YIIK (haven't beaten it yet but I absolutely will) and definitely had a hand in spreading the word on how absolutely bat**** ****ing crazy it is because many of my ****post tweets have spread like wildfire so I want to dunk on it as much as possible. The game is completely nuts, I can't even believe it exists. But I want to dunk responsibly.
My only view on the game is, if you want something to be weird, you need to have it be weird for a certain purpose, and not weird for the sake of it being weird, the latter being what this specific game falls into.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I don't know about Gwen (although she might have heard it the same place I did), but I heard about it from this ResetERA thread.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/an...stand-his-vision-also-a-piece-of-****.112668/

He just gets more dunkable as the thread progresses.

D

Deleted member

Semi unrelated but I did see a clip of the podcast where John YIIK ranted about how the gamers just don't understand and that games aren't art, but it contains no no words so not sure I can post it here.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't know about Gwen (although she might have heard it the same place I did), but I heard about it from this ResetERA thread.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/an...stand-his-vision-also-a-piece-of-****.112668/

He just gets more dunkable as the thread progresses.
I've found no source for that quote in any article I've seen but if it's from a podcast I haven't heard I accept it. I just want to make sure I can get a real source, not that image.

Because let me tell you, YIIK is the most baffling experience ****ing ever. I love it because it's just so...oblivious to how bad it really is. It's like The Room. I have the time of my life playing it for none of the reasons the devs want me to. There are just enough good parts, like the music, to make how absolutely bonkers the writing is and how weird the pastiches are and how in-your-face the terrible parts are that much more obvious. It's one of the wildest gaming experiences I've had. It's the gift that keeps on giving. My roommate and I picked up the game day one because we wanted an Indy game to play and instead we got gold.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've found no source for that quote in any article I've seen but if it's from a podcast I haven't heard I accept it. I just want to make sure I can get a real source, not that image.

Because let me tell you, YIIK is the most baffling experience ****ing ever. I love it because it's just so...oblivious to how bad it really is. It's like The Room. I have the time of my life playing it for none of the reasons the devs want me to. There are just enough good parts, like the music, to make how absolutely bonkers the writing is and how weird the pastiches are and how in-your-face the terrible parts are that much more obvious. It's one of the wildest gaming experiences I've had. It's the gift that keeps on giving. My roommate and I picked up the game day one because we wanted an Indy game to play and instead we got gold.
Well might as well post it then

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Semi unrelated but I did see a clip of the podcast where John YIIK ranted about how the gamers just don't understand and that games aren't art, but it contains no no words so not sure I can post it here.
Yeah that seems to be the source.

But then it turns out that he made a 1:1 copy of that podcaster in-game that's named Chad and he's been hinting at a third Red Pill ending to the game for months no one has found that involves said NPC. And apparently something with aviators somehow that has some kind of significance in a certain kind of subculture as well. Which taken with the podcast rant is like, whooooooo

So basically YIIK may or may not be what happens when an incel sits down to make a video game.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
God, this has been stuff my roommate and I have been tweeting about, and we'll probably end up making a YIIK Twitter moment just to collect all our reactions going in blind but considering all the really weird microaggressions and stuff like pretty much all the women NPCs being portrayed as annoying or irrational or the sheer amount of "wow nerds are so oppressed for being nerds" flavor text (and I'm only three acts in!!) we figured something like this was on the underbelly.

**** me this is so funny.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I finished Evangelion last night.

What the ****
Ah NGE...the good **** that scars you mentally, physically, emotionally, rhetorically, and sexually all at once

D

Deleted member

Guess it's Easter, huh?
398.jpg

Today is the day to celebrate chocolate, bunny suits and eggs so let's get that Easter spirit out there.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I just saw a video game make a jab at depression and now my day is worse than it was already, which was pretty bad.
Am I getting unnecessarily stressed over a video game? Yeah.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Happy Easter everybody. Hope y'all have an eggcellent day.

Have a topical gif of Sunnycide, who perhaps has the greatest name for a boss in any videogame ever

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I just saw a video game make a jab at depression and now my day is worse than it was already, which was pretty bad.
Am I getting unnecessarily stressed over a video game? Yeah.
Seems like whenever I am feelin’ down no one really wants to help... Eh, whatever.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In case you were wondering, the user who started that is a Joker thread regular. I sincerely hope they're entirely prepared to change the thread title later this week.

Also, I hope that **** Eater Subs picks up this show again later on.
I'm already prepared to change the link, really.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Happy Easter to all! Funny how Easter lined up on my birthday this year, but hey, it's a nice thing to say the least!

I hope everyone's been well, and enjoys there day :)

D

Deleted member

What's this? Someone said Erdrick looked like Gohan and didn't get banned for it?

Is this SmashBoards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom