• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This is, I think, a big part of why gen 2 is my favorite and I've never enjoyed a Pokemon game to the same degree since. That and two of my three favorite pokemon are gen 2.

It felt like a legitimate continuation of the previous game, and I felt like I was mastering pokemon by the time I got to it. Beating Red was like the apex of my childhood gaming career. No other Pokemon game since has captured that same feeling. It's just "pokemon again but this time you're in _____." For me, at least.
Yeah, Pokemon feels like it's always resetting to zero and never actually changing or improving in any long-term way, or at least in a way that doesn't carry over between generations. You would think with such an extreme amount of money and dozens of safety nets, they'd be more willing to experiment.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I guess i'm just biased because i'm so absolutely enraptured by the world of Pokemon, but I like the fact that it kinda resets each game.

It's like i'm starting anew as a new person in a new part of this huge world.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Huhh, I don't have a clever joke to say, since I just wake up and I'm tired, sooo...
tumblr_majiueJtPs1r877bvo1_500.gif

Hi there! :3

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Aren’t we all destructive Old Testament chaos gods at the end of the day?
but there's only yahweh in the old testament

you could not do any type of polytheism

its even insta-execution if you're caught praising molek, god forbid you praise that guy

Iridium

Smash Hero
Were you a mod at one point? Is that confirmed?

Luckily I haven't sent any. The Rankings Team application was the only one :yoshi:
Look, if you do become a mod, terrorize the Bob-Omg social for me.

I guess i'm just biased because i'm so absolutely enraptured by the world of Pokemon, but I like the fact that it kinda resets each game.

The anime, though. Too far gone in its own logic.

D

Deleted member

Hey you all, do you all know what I am going to do to make myself feel better?
I am going to go back to Diamond and Heart Gold to shiny hunt!
Chimchar and Totodile, here I come!
I really hope I don't get a shiny Chikorita.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I kept record of it. Evidence of your true self.

View attachment 210760
Dang... Cyn Cyn be like...
maxresdefault-2.jpg

While I do wish there was a bit more continuity between each game, I do like going into a new generation as a fresh experience.

The anime, though. Too far gone in its own logic.
Whoo boy... the anime is... an entirely different beast altogether.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

There's an argument to that, yeah.

One thing I love about Dragon Age is that you start with a brand new protagonist in a new part of the world at a new time in each game. They all take place within the same world and they all have interconnecting themes, but there isn't a lot of direct carryover, so each experience feels separate while also welcoming like a sequel should.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don’t even know what I just read.
Judaism and the O.T. was big against child sacrifice. Molek was the Canaanite god of child sacrifice specifically. If you praised him, unlike any other type of trial made with being caught praising another god, it was instant execution by the people.

Leviticus 20:2.

D

Deleted member

It's just "pokemon again but this time you're in _____." For me, at least.
Johto was a point where a sequel to the first gen was actually pretty cool. Now it's just a part of the annual circle of life, and it's not really revolutionary in any way these days, ignoring the competitive scene. It's the same **** every time. Beat eight gym leaders, take down the crime syndicate, beat the elite four if you didn't go and play a funner game, rinse and repeat. Occasionally, there's a fun twist but the structure is the same. Doesn't help that the stories are barebones and your personal motivations aren't explored in the slightest.

Mechanically, Pokemon is either too easy or too tedious. If you use basic type advantage and level grind, you're gonna steam roll through everything. The only time you don't is if you don't have a type advantage or your levels are lower than the opponent's. At that point, it's war of attrition via potions. It's not bad your first time around because I struggle to find any series that plays like Pokemon. It's just that after playing Gen 4 and the Gen 2 remake, I found things too similar when I picked up future gens.

Adulthood: ***** about children monster games.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
aight im gonna go to bed

i wonder how many people check the 'recent birthdays' on the site :bobomb: kind of weird that it's even there to be honest

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
aight im gonna go to bed

i wonder how many people check the 'recent birthdays' on the site :bobomb: kind of weird that it's even there to be honest
It's only 11:30 where I live, but happy early birthday~ Remind me to say it proper tomorrow~

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Everything going smoothly, my bro is now married and I didn't trip while delivering the rings lol.
Great to hear! Now more importantly, did you catch the garter? :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Everything going smoothly, my bro is now married and I didn't trip while delivering the rings lol.
Great news to hear! Hope everyone here had a good time too. :)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Great to hear! Now more importantly, did you catch the garter? :p
All the men attending decided to be a bunch of butts and we all avoided the garter twice lol
On the third try it landed on someone's shoe so he picked it :p

D

Deleted member

Hey, it's me, your boy. I'm back.

"How did it go", you may ask.

It went...well?

I can't say it was a complete wash like the last dance I went to, but I also can't say it was a victory.

I'm pretty sure the girl I'm into likes someone else since she talked to him a lot more than me when he showed up. But stuff like that happens, you know? I just feel like it happens to me a lot. Like, I'm sure someone will come around eventually, but until then I'm just here.

And don't get me wrong here, I'm happy being single. I know my own worth; I'm an active leader in my community, the friends I have really appreciate me, I'm always improving myself physically and mentally, I'm overall an emotional stable person and have the capacity to help others.

It's just, I get lonely sometimes. Even in my own family it's my parents, my sister and her boyfriend, and me. I'm the fifth wheel in my own family. The few relationships I've had failed spectacularly, and I'm still kind of recoiling from my last one because it was just that bad but I feel like I'm at a place where I can go out and date another person and it's something I'd like to do because I feel like it could be really good for me mentally and emotionally but whenever I put myself out there it doesn't work.

Other than that, I hung out with some friends (I got a nice set of pictures with some friends) and made it to the second round of a dance off, but I definitely didn't accomplish what I set out to do, and I'm disappointed because of that. I don't understand why I psych myself up for stuff like this but it's just something I do.

I'm okay, and I'm sure I'll feel better after sleeping this off, but right now I'm sad.
:drshrug:
I hope you get in an amazing relationship and you get the best dance of your life!

D

Deleted member

You know how some people champion Touhou for Smash? If fan remixes say anything about the series, the music's pretty good! Wouldn't mind it one bit.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's only 11:30 where I live, but happy early birthday~ Remind me to say it proper tomorrow~
How's it feel one hour in the future?

Are there flying cars yet?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey, man, I know people like to vent their frustrations here, but there's a difference between "man i just had a bad day, it's just kinda hard to get through the week" and "all of you hate me anyway".

The difference? The latter of the two is EDGY AS ****. The reason why so many people get on your case is because you never take our advice to heart. You always say "oh yeah i get what you're saying, i'll improve" and then you never do. So either shape up or ship out, because if you're just gonna act like nobody likes you when we're all over here trying to help you improve and be better, then maybe you're the one who doesn't care about US.
For some reason, reading this was mildly upsetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom