• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hey, man, I know people like to vent their frustrations here, but there's a difference between "man i just had a bad day, it's just kinda hard to get through the week" and "all of you hate me anyway".

The difference? The latter of the two is EDGY AS ****. The reason why so many people get on your case is because you never take our advice to heart. You always say "oh yeah i get what you're saying, i'll improve" and then you never do. So either shape up or ship out, because if you're just gonna act like nobody likes you when we're all over here trying to help you improve and be better, then maybe you're the one who doesn't care about US.
Me? Not caring about any of you?
I don't understand.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Thanks dude. I appreciate hearing that from you.

Really I just applied because I missed doing it on AllisBrawl. I had a biweekly comedy gaming column that's now lost to time since AiB shut down. I'm gonna be putting in pitches this week to find out what my role on the team will be. Hopefully I create stuff that my friends here enjoy reading.
I'll be payin' attention to the front page to make sure I read what you put out for sure.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Holy ****ing **** Cyn Cyn flex on us with them banners why don't ya.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Maybe more than 2 total people will appreciate this. Tagging @redfeatherraven and staindgrey staindgrey since they're my go to Music lovers.
Fun fact: White Stripes is virtually the only music my dad and I could agree on once I got to college. So we listened to it a lot on car rides.

What they can do with only a drummer and a guitar pedal is ****ing amazing. I'm so glad I got to see them perform live once.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna finish up the recent episode of JoJo and Play Cuphead for a bit then go to sleep so I'll talk to y'all later, Good night everyone!

D

Deleted member

I will admit one thing, I am way too selfish IRL.
I do need to improve, but why am I so bad at doing it?
I am going to go to bed soon.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You can have all the banners you want, but you'll never come close to nonspecificguy's premium collection of absolutely random gifs.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
No, I am not cool. That is not what I meant.

I am this to all of you.
1528385180218.gif

You're telling me that you'd rather wallow and cry and not even once try to improve as a person, and instead sit there and devolve to let yourself think that you're worth nothing when you haven't even gotten the chance to do something on that level of an atrocity? You're telling me that you'd rather try to pose off as 1.) lust incarnate, 2.) a self-aware edgelord incel, 3.) a sympathized oblivious child; instead of doing your best to adapt as an individual?

This does remind me of a time where I met someone similar to you. He didn't want to change. He always pleaded that he'd leave, come back like a day later, apologize profusely, and then mess up all over again. He eventually left because of me. No, seriously, he did. I'm not kidding. Here's the thread.

That does reveal where I started off my mod shenanigans, and it's kinda cringy to see what the actual place was (and how I acted, but I was like 15 at the time so whatever), but I did do stuff for that website for a solid 3-4 years. It's enough proof to know that I'm seeing you break down like he did, and it's totally not OK, but it's also totally preventable if you just accept your flaws. Accept your weaknesses, and instead of using them as a motive to elevate yourself as a person, use it as a reflection of what you can become when you let yourself drown in your own pool of bad thoughts.

EDIT: Turns out I was 14 when I wrote that post. Bet I thought I was hot **** back then lol

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Fun fact: White Stripes is virtually the only music my dad and I could agree on once I got to college. So we listened to it a lot on car rides.

What they can do with only a drummer and a guitar pedal is ****ing amazing. I'm so glad I got to see them perform live once.
Damn, I'm jealous as ****. I guess it's nice that Jack is at least still doing stuff. Though some of his new stuff has went away from the Rock-Blues that define The Stripes. Oh well. I didn't get to see Linkin Park or Audioslave live either. R.I.P.

D

Deleted member

Hey, it's me, your boy. I'm back.

"How did it go", you may ask.

It went...well?

I can't say it was a complete wash like the last dance I went to, but I also can't say it was a victory.

I'm pretty sure the girl I'm into likes someone else since she talked to him a lot more than me when he showed up. But stuff like that happens, you know? I just feel like it happens to me a lot. Like, I'm sure someone will come around eventually, but until then I'm just here.

And don't get me wrong here, I'm happy being single. I know my own worth; I'm an active leader in my community, the friends I have really appreciate me, I'm always improving myself physically and mentally, I'm overall an emotional stable person and have the capacity to help others.

It's just, I get lonely sometimes. Even in my own family it's my parents, my sister and her boyfriend, and me. I'm the fifth wheel in my own family. The few relationships I've had failed spectacularly, and I'm still kind of recoiling from my last one because it was just that bad but I feel like I'm at a place where I can go out and date another person and it's something I'd like to do because I feel like it could be really good for me mentally and emotionally but whenever I put myself out there it doesn't work.

Other than that, I hung out with some friends (I got a nice set of pictures with some friends) and made it to the second round of a dance off, but I definitely didn't accomplish what I set out to do, and I'm disappointed because of that. I don't understand why I psych myself up for stuff like this but it's just something I do.

I'm okay, and I'm sure I'll feel better after sleeping this off, but right now I'm sad.
:drshrug:
Cheer up mate, happened for me a few times and then before I knew I was kinda in the opposite side and that's how I got into my last relationship. Try hanging out with friends and clear your mind, don't let a situation like this deter you as confidence is the most one of the things girls like the most.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Still waiting on that mod position since sending applications basically does nothing :yoshi:
Once again, you show that you're overly cocky about this sort of thing.

"Still waiting on that mod position" implies you think it's an inevitability that they'll appoint you, and it's just a matter of time.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Once again, you show that you're overly cocky about this sort of thing.

"Still waiting on that mod position" implies you think it's an inevitability that they'll appoint you, and it's just a matter of time.
One day they're gonna make me a mod where my only role is banning everyone that makes a You'll Never See It Coming joke.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Fitting.

That moment always was my favorite Pokemon experience.
Did you know that this fight was supposed to be the grand finale of Pokemon? The franchise was supposed to end at Gold and Silver, since the devs couldn't think of where to go afterwards, so they added Kanto to the game, and the final fight against Red, as sort of a grand send-off for the series.

"You beat the final Pokemon game, now defeat the character that started it all."

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I found an avatar I really like!
staindgrey staindgrey
What do you do in the Writing Team?
Not sure yet! I aced the interview and just got added like a couple hours ago.

My job now is to throw pitches to the editors until they find something they like, then I start writing stuff for the front page. We'll see over the next few weeks what exactly I'll be doing, but I'm excited to be allowed to do it.

Honestly, for those here who read the content on our front page, is there any sort of content you've wanted that hasn't been made yet?

D

Deleted member

I will admit one thing, I am way too selfish IRL.
I do need to improve, but why am I so bad at doing it?
I am going to go to bed soon.
Improvement is based around your daily habits adding up. If you sleep eight hours a day, you'll never feel sleep deprived. If you work out a couple of days a week, you'll see muscle growth and better physical aptitude. If you study a subject an hour a day, you'll probably remember more than the kid who just studied three hours before the exam.

If you don't understand what's wrong, try **** and see what sticks. Experience plays a major part in your growth process. The more info you have, the more informed your choices will be. Frankly, I think Hinata is being too harsh on you, because I get that it's hard to know if all of us appreciate you. Go out, try and meet people, maybe try and fit in and see how well that works. Compare them to us and see for yourself what you appreciate more.

If you're too selfish, practice some philanthropy. Give time to community service or fundraisers. Hold a door open for someone or give spare change to someone in desperate need. Exercise empathy with people, like with us. Small continuous actions go a long way in life.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Did you know that this fight was supposed to be the grand finale of Pokemon? The franchise was supposed to end at Gold and Silver, since the devs couldn't think of where to go afterwards, so they added Kanto to the game, and the final fight against Red, as sort of a grand send-off for the series.

"You beat the final Pokemon game, now defeat the character that started it all."
This is, I think, a big part of why gen 2 is my favorite and I've never enjoyed a Pokemon game to the same degree since. That and two of my three favorite pokemon are gen 2.

It felt like a legitimate continuation of the previous game, and I felt like I was mastering pokemon by the time I got to it. Beating Red was like the apex of my childhood gaming career. No other Pokemon game since has captured that same feeling. It's just "pokemon again but this time you're in _____." For me, at least.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
>one of my fave youtubers announces he's streaming on twitch to test joker in smash
me: oh hey that'll be cool! i love hearing his opinion on fighting game characters
>the first 5 minutes are all dedicated to jokes about joker being the joker from batman

face desk.gif

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
One day they're gonna make me a mod where my only role is banning everyone that makes a You'll Never See It Coming joke.
*is preemptively shot for considering such a joke as a response*

D

Deleted member

View attachment 210763

You're telling me that you'd rather wallow and cry and not even once try to improve as a person, and instead sit there and devolve to let yourself think that you're worth nothing when you haven't even gotten the chance to do something on that level of an atrocity? You're telling me that you'd rather try to pose off as 1.) lust incarnate, 2.) a self-aware edgelord incel, 3.) a sympathized oblivious child; instead of doing your best to adapt as an individual?

This does remind me of a time where I met someone similar to you. He didn't want to change. He always pleaded that he'd leave, come back like a day later, apologize profusely, and then mess up all over again. He eventually left because of me. No, seriously, he did. I'm not kidding. Here's the thread.

That does reveal where I started off my mod shenanigans, and it's kinda cringy to see what the actual place was (and how I acted, but I was like 15 at the time so whatever), but I did do stuff for that website for a solid 3-4 years. It's enough proof to know that I'm seeing you break down like he did, and it's totally not OK, but it's also totally preventable if you just accept your flaws. Accept your weaknesses, and instead of using them as a motive to elevate yourself as a person, use it as a reflection of what you can become when you let yourself drown in your own pool of bad thoughts.

EDIT: Turns out I was 14 when I wrote that post. Bet I thought I was hot **** back then lol
I do accept my flaws though.
Also, I will try your approach.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Imagine my reign of terror as a mod while I try to catch a wedding garter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom