• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Is it bad I want Dante, Master Chief and Phoenix Wright despite me never playing their respective games?
No...

Never played Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I still really want Elma, after seeing what she could bring to the table.

Tbh, it's kinda fun to support characters whose games you've never played.

It gives you more interest in actually playing said games

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A bit more than 3 hours for

D A T A M I N E

Just to see Jane_ponytail was just Morgana stuff :"v

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
BTW Just realised the titel of the song I have on currently accurately represents the events of today

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
If we are getting 2 characters at E3 then I think it’ll be along the lines of
  • The hype machine character (Banjo, Geno, or some out-there 3rd party like Joker is)
  • A Nintendo character (Bandanna Dee, Dixie, Captain Toad etc)
I’m thinking this is the way they will go instead of 2 big names. A Nintendo character could be somebody who didn’t quite make the cut in the base game, but Nintendo want to push for a future release regardless (and pad the Fighter Pass out cheaply). The character would likely be a welcome addition but also wouldn’t take away too much attention from whatever insane 3rd party shows up, as that’s who will grab the headlines and sell Fighter Passes.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If we get a Resident Evil character in THIS Fighter pass it'll probably be Leon. If we get a second or third Fighter's Pass it COULD be Jill but I'm still pretty solid on Leon. The only thing I feel could tip it in Jill's favor would be if Resident Evil 3 Remake comes out next year.

Right now Leon being in 2 and 2 REmake, being the main character in Resident Evil 4, being A main character in 6; of which 6, 4 , and 2 are the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best selling games in the franchise, being the lead character in ALL the animated movies, having a new game come out very recently, and being one of the more popular characters in the franchise throws Leon REALLY high up on the totem of RE characters.

I feel like if we do get Jill, and it's not unlikely, she'll be a costume or Echo.
Counter argument:

Jill has been the star or co-star of just as many canonical RE games: RE1/REmake, RE3 and Revelations. RE5, the highest selling individual game in Capcom's history until Monster Hunter finally dethrones it, committed both of its story DLCs to letting the player play as Jill. She's commonly chosen as the first or second most iconic female protagonist in videogame history alongside Lara Croft, giving her a leg up in the "gaming icon" status for Smash Bros.

As for what you said would tip things in her favor, according to the extremely reliable RE leaker Aeshteticgamer, RE3make-- starring Jill-- is coming out in early 2020. Further, the director of the CGI movies stated that if he had the chance to make a fourth movie, he'd want Jill to be the star alongside Helena. As of summer 2017, this movie is rumored to be in production. Assuming that both of these rumors are true, Capcom would be more inclined to promote the character most closely associated with their upcoming releases, rather than the character most closely associated with a game that's already gone through the bulk of its sales.

But in addition to this, Capcom has a habit of going back and forth between protagonists in order to keep any one of them getting over-exposed. Less than a decade ago, people complained about a total lack of Claire, only to then get a brand new appearance in the Mercs 3D game, a costar role in the first CGI film, her own Revelations game and a well-received appearance and character redesign in RE2make. Assuming that Capcom sticks to its habit of rotating featured cast, Jill is the one of the main four (Chris/Jill/Leon/Claire) due for a reappearance.

Further, Jill's inclusion in multiple MvC games in comparison to Leon's lack of any is a boon in her favor, I'd argue. You have two movesets from which to draw inspiration, depending upon Sakurai's decision to make a more "modern" RE5/Revelations Jill or a more "classic" RE1/RE3 Jill. But you have a starting point either way.

Your turn, prettyboy.

D

Deleted member

I’d be able to follow this joke if the Joker alt has the same colours as Leif but uh... they don’t.
What? Don't you remember that one scene in Fire Emblem Thracia 776 where Leif removes the mask to beat the dark counsel?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Man, if I had to look at Smash through my life
64: Wasn't Born
Melee: Wasn't Born
Brawl: Like the very start of elementary
Smash 4: last year of middle school
Ultimate last year of high school

WOW I'M OLD

dab

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Joker: "I'll reveal your true form!"
Wario's true form: *Is penis demon in a chariot from persona*

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I thouht it was 2 1/2 hours now

3 hours 3 minutes

+ the time the dataminers take to dump and check the data for concrete fighter buffs/nerfs and other leftover and placeholder files.

D

Deleted member

I've been pranked.

You fools. You've only made me stronger. THE POWERS OF THE PRETTY PINK USERNAME FLOW THROUGH ME NOW!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, if I had to look at Smash through my life
64: Wasn't Born
Melee: Wasn't Born
Brawl: Like the very start of elementary
Smash 4: last year of middle school
Ultimate last year of high school

WOW I'M OLD

dab
Wasn't born for Melee

God damn, you're a baby.

D

Deleted member

....what does it say?
It's saying that we all need to wake up and realize that everthing, every single ****ing thing in our everyday waking lives, is fake. We get up in the morning and look at our phones. You turn it on and instantly, the flicker rate on the screen triggers a small dopamine hit. Maybe you do a quick scroll through Facebook and you receive a notification. That little "ping" from your Facebook app causes yet another dopamine hit. And our phones, whether it be through Facebook or Google or Amazon, they constantly tap into our phones' mics, listening to our conversations and then subjecting us to targeted advertising, which will often make us feel more lonely or depressed. We go to our "9 to 5" jobs working under fluorescent lighting, which is known to cause depression, fatigue, suicidal tendencies and mania. You get off work and head home. You stop at a local fast food joint to grab some food. Perhaps a burger and fries, or a chicken sandwich and onion rings. Fast food is processed with chemicals to induce more hits of dopamine. You finally get home and turn on the tv. The flicker rates on our televisions cause more dopamine hits and keeps you addicted to the screen. The perfect way to fill someone's head with propaganda. Maybe you have a smart tv. Be wary of the small camera and the hypersensitive microphone hidden in your smart tv that government agencies and news organizations like CNN and msnbc use to watch and listen to us. All these things in our everyday lives that cause dopamine spikes, are made to be addictive and make us feel more lonely. Ever wonder why our society seems to be more more depressed, anxious and lonely? Everything I explained is the reason behind it all. It also provides an opportunity to push Big Pharma drugs to make our population dumber, fatter, and sicker. Wake up to the bull**** you're living in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom