• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I had no idea the Mushroom Kingdom was a part of the continental Americas.

It's all starting to make sense.
Judging by Odyssey's overworld map, the Mushroom Kingdom seems to be an island or continent of its own. But at this stage, any consistent map of the Mario universe is impossible. As is trying to unpick Mario lore, which makes Zelda's timeline look tame

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
PFFFFFFFFTTTT HA. YOUR ****ING AVATAR.
I needed to change it since it's past christmas, but also I recently finally decided to get into the Yakuza series and started with 0 and have claimed Kiryu and Majima as my sons

EDIT: also I feel like Majima's eyepatch is appropriate for now but I didn't even realize that until now hahahaha

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Also, I noticed this in the morning;
View attachment 189526
xD And it makes me giggly, somehow!
Aw, man. I've only got 10,000 likes.

I wish I could sell my soul to the devil and become the one known for being the biggest hardcore fan of a certain character and also have lots of people like me and be good at art and have friends and stuff.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Judging by Odyssey's overworld map, the Mushroom Kingdom seems to be an island or continent of its own. But at this stage, any consistent map of the Mario universe is impossible. As is trying to unpick Mario lore, which makes Zelda's timeline look tame
Also depending on the game, my boi lives on Yoshi's Island, in close proximity to Peach's Castle, or ****ing space!!!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
...and that’s not even accounting where DK isle or Diamond City are!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Speaking of Yakuza 0, I need to remember to update my Smash wishlist to include both Kiryu and Majima lol

...and that’s not even accounting where DK isle or Diamond City are!
DK Island spawns whenever and wherever K Rool wants to blast it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Yakuza 0, I need to remember to update my Smash wishlist to include both Kiryu and Majima lol
They thought we'll get a Square Enix character.

But nope.

It's SEGA all the way. *starts singing Goro Majima anthem*

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

DK Island spawns whenever and wherever K Rool wants to blast it.
So it can spawn...
In a deserted version of World 1-1

In a ancient castle

In a Game & Watch system

On 9-Volt’s Table

...and a falling chunk of a clock tower.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD While you get a new shelf, I will have to pack most of my things up from my shelf since I will be moving to another state and I can't take it all. (Aww, that lone Godzilla there! :<)

Also, I think I got the same poseable Samus you got there with the morphball, but is it just me or it is VERY stiff? xD Also, I love how the "Mystery Item" whas the most obvious thing, but it's a nice ball to roll around your desk when bored. I also love the fact that the back of the box doesn't match the actual fig (I know, it's probably the VERY early prototype) and that below it it says that the figure is based from the suit in "Metroid Prime 3" when, if I remember correctly...that Varia design came from Prime 2...?
MANIP2.png

xD It is fits perfectly with the Metroid Set, at least! ; u ; Wish I had an actual bigger Rids fig to match. ;') If one day I get the Meta Ridley statue, I will surely use Samus as a chew toy for it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also depending on the game, my boi lives on Yoshi's Island, in close proximity to Peach's Castle, or ****ing space!!!

You know, I'm sure this is the same primary Yoshi character in all the appearances for the most part, but why doesn't he get a name since he's "THE" Yoshi?

It's like having a best friend named Human...

T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas doesn't count leave me alone

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol my R.O.B combo guide got One stared and I'm not surprised because I knew it was written sloppy and didn't even try to fix it I knew going into it that I would have to compensate for my Dysgraphia and I did a half way job like always thanks for listening to this rant I just really needed to vent this

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
You know, I'm sure this is the same primary Yoshi character in all the appearances for the most part, but why doesn't he get a name since he's "THE" Yoshi?

It's like having a best friend named Human...

T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas doesn't count leave me alone
It's even more confusing for Toad who seems to only sometimes be a distinct character, and, unlike Yoshi, has nothing to distinguish himself from his fellow Toads

D

Deleted member

In Odyssey Yoshi just straight up lives on a tiny floating island a good length away from the castle. Yoshi is not very good at home insurance tbh
Maybe he can't get insurance because he won't pay his darn taxes

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's even more confusing for Toad who seems to only sometimes be a distinct character, and, unlike Yoshi, has nothing to distinguish himself from his fellow Toads
This is one of the reasons I like Paper Mario. The toads all have names. It's cute, haha.

Also, Toadette seems to have an unfortunate name because she's definitely a distinct character but her name is just a feminine version of what she is... lol

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is one of the reasons I like Paper Mario. The toads all have names. It's cute, haha.

Also, Toadette seems to have an unfortunate name because she's definitely a distinct character but her name is just a feminine version of what she is... lol
Curse you, Smurfette Principle!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

...and then comes Sticker Star where every toad magically loses their look!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
...and then comes Sticker Star where every toad magically loses their look!
Paper Mario is one of my favorite series... Up until Sticker Star. We don't talk about anything that came out after Super Paper Mario.

(I am indeed one of the people who loves SPM)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That seems to happen a lot in media an other
good example is Smurfette

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Aw, man. I've only got 10,000 likes.

I wish I could sell my soul to the devil and become the one known for being the biggest hardcore fan of a certain character and also have lots of people like me and be good at art and have friends and stuff.
:joyful:
XD Oh, come on! I know you are kidding about all that, but still! XD I wish all that were true about myself (o-o Except me selling my soul, of course! I cannot work without it!).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey. Here's a neat game. Zinith Zinith Zinith is kind of "the Yoshi guy", but what Smashboards member do you guys immediately think of for other characters?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
That seems to happen a lot in media an other
good example is Smurfette
It's like calling a girl Humanette, or boyette, or woman... Oh wait...
That puts toadette and smurfette in An even worse perspective

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Paper Mario didn't exactly give us a lot of distinct Yoshis, but when it did, HO BOY!!!

I thought it was cool how you could change the baby Yoshi's design before he hatched, though I always ended up getting the same colour scheme by chance

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Is it said I actually kinda hope all of the DLC characters are 3rd Party characters?
With how Nintendo has placed almost all of my most wanted 1st/2nd Party characters as Assist Trophies/Pokémon, I don't think anything they'd offer would excite me..unless they told a white lie and Rex/Pyra actually got in.

I can't stand Bowser Jr for the following reasons.
1) Bratty Kid Archetype
2) Child looks Identical to Parent as Child Trope
3) Child is named (Parent) Jr. Trope
4) Literally just Baby Bowser in design (I find it lazy)
5) His creation led to the Koopalings being retconned to no longer be Bowser's children but his henchmen instead.
To makes things worse...what if the Koopalings were never retconned to stop being Bowser’s kids, but he simply stopped paying for them or the unknown mom took ownership of the 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom