• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You are without a doubt absolutely correct about the ranking systems. They don't predict future success, and in some cases do more harm than good.

It's not so much that learners with higher scores shouldn't be celebrated, but that sort of celebration is...something else, I guess. I just doesn't really mean anything in the long run.
There was, I **** you not, a whole cyberbullying crisis recently because a girl went off about how someone didn't "deserve" a spot and caused a ruckus. Usually the final rankings are based on your weighted GPA, but this time they changed that to "make it more fair". That clearly went terrible.

Doesn't change my diploma. Doesn't change my robes or weird outfit they're gonna give me.

I would love to do the speech tho, but that's usually reserved for the Valedictorian (we have 3 of those ****ers) or Salutatorian. But if I told them I got the Lamp of Knowledge in Speech for 2 straight years maybe that'll change their minds. :dazwa:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I’m saying that if you choose to delete your account, by law, we must comply. But once it is deleted, there is no getting it back. No undo curvy arrow that we can press.
So basically, your writing is forfeit. You can tell people "hey i wrote those things", but there's no way to officially link your new account to it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But you don't have two accounts at that point so your account couldn't be labeled an "Alt" there aren't two only one.

There's no account to be labeled an Alt of.
Untitled.png

prince of pedantics says youre wrong and im right

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Jazz remixes give me life. As much as I like the hard rock covers of songs, sometimes you need that smoothness.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So basically, your writing is forfeit. You can tell people "hey i wrote those things", but there's no way to officially link your new account to it.
Correct. Your name will be replaced with “Deleted Member”, and nothing will link to your posts.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I’m saying that if you choose to delete your account, by law, we must comply. But once it is deleted, there is no getting it back. No undo curvy arrow that we can press.

Yeah I'm still not betting my account. One death bet is more than enough for me.

From what I understand of Part 4 (I haven't seen it yet), Jotaro plays a lesser role. So, I'll do a lesser bet if that's okay.

If Banjo doesn't get in I'll livestream/upload a speedrun of Minecraft All Advancements for all of your enjoyments.

Does that work?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You're really telling me there's no way to back up an account in case it's deleted? I'd think you guys would have some way to restore a deleted account in case something ever went wrong.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You're really telling me there's no way to back up an account in case it's deleted? I'd think you guys would have some way to restore a deleted account in case something ever went wrong.
Went wrong?

You say that like there's a way to accidentally delete your account.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There may be a way on Warchamp’s end, but to accidentally delete an account would be difficult with the warnings that pop up. It is against GDPR law for us to retain user info if they request their account deleted.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
There may be a way on Warchamp’s end, but to accidentally delete an account would be difficult with the warnings that pop up. It is against GDPR law for us to retain user info if they request their account deleted.
Let's hope there's a way to restore an account. Because one day Moydow Moydow is actually going to delete an account on accident and some poor user will be without an account.

D

Deleted member

I think I'm gonna hold off until we finish the Erdrick Bet to finalize my decision on betting for Banjo I'm heavily considering it but I'll wait until our first bet is over cause there's no rush.

Right now I'm considering the bet heavily so you could consider me apart of it if you wanted to but nothing is finalized until our first bet is over and done with, I hope that's okay.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Correct. Your name will be replaced with “Deleted Member”, and nothing will link to your posts.
Final question, related to the fact that your name gets changed to "Deleted Member" when you get the boot. (Thanks for taking the time to answer us by the way)

If this whole death bet thing actually goes through, and I gotta give myself the axe, would I be able to get this same username back for the hypothetical new account I would make? Or is it, like, once an account with a certain name is deleted, that name is gone for good?

D

Deleted member

Yeah I'm still not betting my account. One death bet is more than enough for me.

From what I understand of Part 4 (I haven't seen it yet), Jotaro plays a lesser role. So, I'll do a lesser bet if that's okay.

If Banjo doesn't get in I'll livestream/upload a speedrun of Minecraft All Advancements for all of your enjoyments.

Does that work?
So you're also betting on Banjo... Is it ok if I bet against BK? You all need an enemy after all for this bet to be more entertaining (and honestly I'm not 100% on the duo yet).

I'm not betting my account since I'm not really that investing on no BK (since frankly I would miss a few guys that would delete personas or accounts). Would it be ok that if Banjo gets in, I torture myself with a game of your choice?

D

Deleted member

Does that work?
It does for me. Welcome aboard mate.

It's a work in progress

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hawly ****. We got some 'naders heading right for us in Alabamy.

(Nader is Tornado, a shortened version of Tornader.)

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Just chicken out of the bet like a normal person
i refuse.jpg

I'm locked into this bet. It's ride and die with my homies who are bettin' alongside me.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So you're also betting on Banjo... Is it ok if I bet against BK? You all need an enemy after all for this bet to be more entertaining (and honestly I'm not 100% on the duo yet).

I'm not betting my account since I'm not really that investing on no BK (since frankly I would miss a few guys that would delete personas or accounts). Would it be ok that if Banjo gets in, I torture myself with a game of your choice?
Heck yeah. I'll always take an opportunity to make some sucker play a bad game.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Final question, related to the fact that your name gets changed to "Deleted Member" when you get the boot. (Thanks for taking the time to answer us by the way)

If this whole death bet thing actually goes through, and I gotta give myself the axe, would I be able to get this same username back for the hypothetical new account I would make? Or is it, like, once an account with a certain name is deleted, that name is gone for good?
You might be faced with the issue you had before where there is a timer for when names become available again.

I really wouldn’t advise gambling with your guys’ usernames.

D

Deleted member

Just chicken out of the bet like a normal person
My decision isn't final for the Banjo bet but for Erdrick? No way I'm not cowarding out, It's ride or die time and I'm up for dying alongside my friends.

Preferably I wouldn't die but if I do then so be it at least I'll go out with a bang and alongside my friends to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I legitimately hope you guys aren't being 100% serious with this bet...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hawly ****. We got some 'naders heading right for us in Alabamy.

(Nader is Tornado, a shortened version of Tornader.)
I know what you meant by Nader. But it I feel like you could use it as a fake slur in kid's show. Y'know, the one that has an episode about teaching the kids to not be racist and ****?

D

Deleted member

Sure! Deal for me. Gonna throw **** at the wall and see what sticks for your punishment game
  • Banjo-Kazooie 100%
  • or Banjo Tooie 100%
  • 100% DK 64
  • Minecraft, in which you beat both bosses
  • Halo trilogy or at least one of the games
  • Cuphead hard mode
  • Uh... 100% a DKC game. For added torture, pick the game you have the least exposure to or the one you like the least.
Notice my theme for Rareware or Microsoft games. You don't have to stick with this field, it's just what's on my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You might be faced with the issue you had before where there is a timer for when names become available again.

I really wouldn’t advise gambling with your guys’ usernames.
Fair enough.

We're just tryin' to make Smashboards history here, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom