• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So one question before I go to bed. What if that little present menu in smash comes into play in the next big update?
Maybe that's where you receive certain DLC purchases? IDK.

Anyways, I'm considering, out of pure curiosity, to read Splatoon fanfics. I've read fan comics already, but never full on written stories.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
A_dec_640x640.jpg

So you know that website I get all my shirts from? This is one of the two shirts they're offering today.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
We bet our account again, This time on Banjo.
Inspired by @TotsBS, I bet my account on whether Banjo would make it in this season. I then indoctrinated @ShotoStar. Yes, we're betting our accounts on another newcomer who's less likely than Erdrick. Wanna join the Jiggy is Unbreakable part, Jotaro?

If Cyn Cyn , Moydow Moydow , or someone else on the mod/admin can confirm that I can indeed make an alternate account I'll consider it.

Yes, if I have to I'll pay for Premium.
Y’know what I should try someday?

WOL Nuzlocke style.

Rules:
1. Must start from scratch (no spirits to start with, only Kirby at the start)
2. Can only use spirits earned from WOL itself, even if they’re available outside the mode. This means Spirit Board, shops, and summons are banned.
3. If you fail a battle, must change characters and spirit teams. Make a note on the spirit team that lost and dismiss them. The character that lost cannot be used for the remainder of the game. Lose all but two characters (assuming full roster)? Start over!
4. No DLC characters or Spirits permitted. To prevent someone from having an advantage just because they paid.
Bonus Rules:
4. Mii Fighters can only be default obtained from rescuing in WOL.
5. Use any difficulty. For most challenge, play Hard mode.
6. There is no 6

Good luck
Maybe I'll do that over the summer.

Except I'm totally using DLC characters.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If Cyn Cyn , Moydow Moydow , or someone else on the mod/admin can confirm that I can indeed make an alternate account I'll consider it.
"Individuals are prohibited from holding more than one account at a time without express, advance permission from the staff. Additional accounts may be banned without warning. Any infractions that are issued to alternate accounts may be reissued to the corresponding primary account, in addition to other punishments. Do not create a new account to get around a ban or other punishment; these punishments will simply be extended or made indefinite. Allowing another user to use your main account to evade a ban or for any other reason will result in both your account, as well as their main account, both receiving an infraction or an indefinite ban."

TL;DR you can do it, but you need the higher-ups to give you the OK before you do.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
"Individuals are prohibited from holding more than one account at a time without express, advance permission from the staff. Additional accounts may be banned without warning. Any infractions that are issued to alternate accounts may be reissued to the corresponding primary account, in addition to other punishments. Do not create a new account to get around a ban or other punishment; these punishments will simply be extended or made indefinite. Allowing another user to use your main account to evade a ban or for any other reason will result in both your account, as well as their main account, both receiving an infraction or an indefinite ban."

TL;DR you can do it, but you need the higher-ups to give you the OK before you do.
But then what if my account gets deleted?

Does the alt account become the main account? Or am I simply ****ed then?

Cyn Cyn ? Moydow Moydow ? Help?

D

Deleted member

This is why you're cool. Here, have the eight Egyptian Square Gods as a gift.

PS: Anubis who?

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So i'm almost done with Resident Evil 0, just taking a break so that my girlfriend can get herself caught up with GoT all over again. This will likely be the last Resident Evil I play for a few months, mainly because I can't say that I would easily be able to play RE7 by myself without ****ting an entire brick out of my ass. Maybe that will be a Summer game in which I invite friends over to **** bricks with me. I've already watched an entire playthrough, so I know how the story goes. But playing it is a whole other story.

What follows is an intensive look at Resident Evil, and what it could look like in Smash. Forgive me for the extensive detail, but I've really developed a passion for this idea. I hope you'll humor me with it.

Looking at a Resident Evil character in Smash, there's the obvious barrier of realistic firearms. This was something that proved to be an obstacle for Snake, but Sakurai found a way to make it work with explosives. In creating the moveset, Snake was dubbed, "Heavy weapons expert" or a title of similar significance. Snake is also a user of CQC, which allows for the regular attacks in his moveset, or at least gives a reason for the complimenting of his style. It also pulls more from his home series.

As we know, Resident Evil is a series that started as Survival Horror, which gradually turned into Action Survival Horror (probably a controversial statement but whatever), with the latest *new* title taking on FPS as an additional genre with Resident Evil 7. While certain aspects of Survival Horror have changed throughout the course of the series, there are still aspects that remain the same. Players of Resident Evil are still required to manage their ammunition, healing items, and in some games, saving items. This is what makes Resident Evil a revolutionary, genre-defining series. It's not just the jump scares, it's more that several aspects of gameplay define the experience, and add to it.

Across all Resident Evil games, (Resident Evil 1 (and REmake) , Resident Evil 0 (and 0 Remake), Resident Evil 2 (and RE2 remake), Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil 4, 5, 6, 7, and the Revelations games, the protagonists swap in and out from each title. Jill Valentine, the iconic female protagonist who made her debut in the first game of the series (and as such has become one of the more iconic female gaming characters of all time) alongside Chris Redfield, who has become a gaming icon in his own right. Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield starred together in a similar fashion in Resident Evil 2. Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen took the spotlight in Resident Evil 0, Jill Valentine made her return in Resident Evil 3, Leon returned on his own for 4, Chris Redfield made his return for 5 (in which Jill appears at a later point in the game), and many of the cast (staples and some...up and comers) come together. 7 stars Chris Redfield in a DLC story, and that covers the main series games.

The Revelations titles, of which there are two, stars Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield (REV1), while Claire Redfield stars as a main protagonist in REV2. This places Jill as one of the most recurring characters in the Resident Evil franchise, and this doesn't include her appearances in various other media titles, including movies, crossovers, and other material.

In Resident Evil 1, players are given the ability to use several different weapons in a variety of offensive and defensive ways. One of the "explosive" option, rather than a firearm for Jill and Chris, is the Grenade Launcher. A recurring weapon from the series, the Grenade Launcher typically is able to fire explosive, napalm/fire, and corrosive/acid shells. These are used depending of the weakness of the monster you're seeking to defeat. However, as with most other weapons in the series, the player must be careful to manage their ammunition so that they don't get cornered by a force to be reckoned with.

However, should the player meet a zombie in a face to face situation, Jill or Chris are able to use either a knife or taser to counter the monster for the time being. This is something that might save a player from needing to replay the half hour of progress they made, or more.

With the more actiony Resident Evil games, namely 4 and 5, there's a bit to talk about as well. Leon Kennedy has a classic moment in his game in which he grabs zombies, and suplexes them. While this is incredibly ridiculous, it's something that absolutely adds to the history of Resident Evil as well as...the possibilities for memes.

But when it comes to combat for Resident Evil 4, Leon has access to flash grenades, incendiary grenades, and ordinary explosive grenades. Another unique weapon that Leon has access to, is the Mine Thrower, which essentially shoots out a mini-missile which attaches to the target and explodes after a few moments. These are all aspects that show a difference in gameplay, which staying within the same series.

Based on this, and the fact that this is being posted on Smashboards, what can be taken from this? Well, a few things. If Resident Evil is to get a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I propose some sort of playable representation within the following options:

1) Jill Valentine
2) Leon Kennedy
3) Jill Valentine with a set of alts for Leon
4) Jill Valentine and Leon Kennedy as an Echo fighter, similar to Simon and Richter Belmonts.

Some may question further. Why? If they use explosives, why should Jill and Leon be added if they would have such similarities to Snake? Luckily, I have that answer. Surely, Jill and Leon use similar weaponry and have the same restriction as Snake did. They have to avoid realistic firearms so that they aren't shooting the Pikachus or Mario's of the world with bullets. Y I K E S...there goes my childhood!

The object of Resident Evil, is the keep your ammunition supplies up, and to keep your enemies as far away as possible. If your opponent does get closer to you then you want them, you have a select few options. Those are only truly as a last resort however. Translating to Smash, what does this even look like?

To start, I'll post the following link which will give an idea of how Jill fights in Marvel vs. Capcom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFq9fezfDZI
While not a moveset breakdown, there are a few things to take note of. First, Jill is fast, and has moves that she can easily string together. The next is that she can effectively summon zombies, which she can then use to force her opponent into a dicey situation...:either dodge the zombie, and then get hit with a follow up to Jill, or dodge Jill and get hit by the zombie coming at them. It's not a great situation to be in. Finally, one of her special moves is to whip out a massive rocket launcher. I'm not a fan of her whipping that out in Smash in her moveset...but her Final Smash? That's a different story.

To put it simply: Jill can bring it! Some of my ideas have gone from the option to choose different ammunition types for a grenade launcher, and needing to manage it, to being able to toss different grenades, like for example the flash grenade. Using a flash grenade can stun an opponent, and allow for a retreat, or perhaps a follow up for an enemy attempting to retreat. In addition, just like the countering options in Resident Evil 1, Jill could utilize a taser to counter-shock the opponent. However, if her moveset takes on the "ammo management" of the Resident Evil series, this would then be put on a cooldown after use. Meaning, in future counters, Jill would either simply counter attack with less of a benefit, or take damage as she counters, something similar to Incineroar.

If modeled similarly to Snake in terms of stage control, this is where the zombie summoning could be put to excellent use. The zombies could be allowed to walk straight forward and simply bite the opponent, be tripped by Jill and cause knockback, or perhaps used simply to force the opponent to move themselves to a different spot (leading to the predicament I mentioned earlier).

This all said, Leon Kennedy has never been actually featured in a fighting game before. So why include him in the first place? Leon is one of the more iconic gaming characters across media, and he is the protagonist of one of the greatest Gamecube titles of all time, that obviously being Resident Evil 4. His body type is also far more similar to Jill than Chris Redfield would.

For the Final Smash, I see it fitting for both Chris and Leon to dive out of the way of a Tyrant attack, which would miss them and hit anyone it was aimed at. After that, the Tyrant would attack the opponents while Jill/Leon aims and fires their Rocket Launcher, which would then destroy the Tyrant and blast any opponents into the air!

For a stage, while there may be some truly iconic options, to me there's no other choice than Raccoon City.

Sure, the name sounds silly. However, it's the main hub of the events that started it all, and lasted among 4 games in the series. Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, and 0 all take place either in, or close to Raccoon City, being at least referenced in 1 and 0...not to mention, Leon is a former Raccoon City Police Officer, while Jill herself is a former member of the Raccoon City S.T.A.R.S Unit. This stage could easily have the backdrop of a city on fire, with terrifying monsters roaming the streets, stalking the walls of various buildings, and making their presence known. Among these creatures are the Lickers, Hunters, Cerberus' (zombie dogs), Crimson Heads (basically stronger, angrier and red versions of regular zombies), and much, much more. Looking for a stage boss? Look no further than this BAMF:

I haven't played Resident Evil 3, but all I know is, is that he's fast, he's strong, and he's got a rocket launcher and/or minigun. Y I K E S.

Not to mention the music selection...but you know what? Considering he's on a kick with that, I'll let staindgrey staindgrey handle this one.

I hope you took the time to read, because I really wanted to type this out. I was never a big horror game player, and it took a wee bit of courage for me to go through 1 as a new player. I started with the actiony side of the series, so the survival horror was something new. Overall, it's a great series, and I have had some memorable moments with it. If you haven't tried it, or haven't thought about it showing up in Smash, I would very much encourage you to give it a try. You won't regret the time you spent...unless you ruin a good pair of pants, of course!

So yeah, Jill and/or Leon for Smash!

EDIT: Phew...this post took me FOREVER to finish. My girlfriend has been done with GoT for like, an hour.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Watching a horror movie: Terrified, hand on my face as I occasionally look at my phone to avoid seeing the TV screen.

After watching a horror movie: "Horror movies are always so disappointing, it wasn't even that scary."

D

Deleted member

Maybe I'll do that over the summer.

Except I'm totally using DLC characters.
Yeah I wanna say that I'll be doing what you're doing and asking the mods if it's okay for me to make an alt so in case the Banjo bet doesn't go our way but I already made the bet.

I totally get how you feel cause I'm not as confident in Banjo compared to Erdrick so by all means you do that man.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay. So. I went into a Nordstrom tonight with my sister for her birthday and I found the actual dumbest thing I've ever seen.

This is not hyperbole. It is the DUMBEST thing I have ever seen.

20190413_190329.jpg

20190413_190332.jpg

$500-600 sneakers intentionally made to look like beat up shoes from Goodwill. With clearly fake painted-on scuffs and everything.

I cannot fathom someone buying these. I can't. My brain won't let me.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
this is literally all you had to say also it's spelled spiel
Uh...no. I wanted to say the rest of that, because I wanted to go into detail. I'm all about detail when i'm really feeling it.

THIRD, I PUT THE EXTRA "SCH" INTO "SCHPIEL". DEAL WITH IT NOOB.

Shroob

Sup?
Okay. So. I went into a Nordstrom tonight with my sister for her birthday and I found the actual dumbest thing I've ever seen.

This is not hyperbole. It is the DUMBEST thing I have ever seen.

View attachment 208146
View attachment 208147

$500-600 sneakers intentionally made to look like beat up shoes from Goodwill. With clearly fake painted-on scuffs and everything.

I cannot fathom someone buying these. I can't. My brain won't let me.
Brb selling the dozen or so scuffed up and torn up shoes I own for 500 bucks a pop

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
But then what if my account gets deleted?

Does the alt account become the main account? Or am I simply ****ed then?

Cyn Cyn ? Moydow Moydow ? Help?
Alt accounts are no longer one of the perks of premium. The only exception is getting a hydra account for dGames’ mafia threads. But there are certain restrictions doing that. So basically, no, unless you have a really, really, good reason.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Alt accounts are no longer one of the perks of premium. The only exception is getting a hydra account for dGames’ mafia threads. But there are certain restrictions doing that. So basically, no.
Okay.

So then, let's say my account gets deleted because my luck runs out.

What then? Am I **** outta luck?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
arent you an english teacher

do i need to call the school to question your authority
You better believe I'm leaving it that way now, just because you're calling my place of employment.

I won't forget this.

To be honest, I do always add the "sch" to it anytime I say it, so I suppose that carries over to my ridiculous writing on Smashboards. But whatever, I do what a want! (Yes, this is tiny yelling!)

D

Deleted member

But if you delete your old account and make a new one does that really count as an alt account?

Your previous one was deleted so there isn't two accounts running at the same time which is what an Alt Account is meaning someone has two accounts.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You better believe I'm leaving it that way now, just because you're calling my place of employment.

I won't forget this.
im ranked 19 in my high school

that shows how intelligent i am and how much of a 1337 hacker i am to expose your crimes to your employment

now you're making me want to rant about how bull**** high school rankings are and how useless/unnecessary they are to celebrate

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Okay.

So then, let's say my account gets deleted because my luck runs out.

What then? Am I **** outta luck?
Well, if your account is deleted, then you technically do not have another account to which the new one could be labeled an alt of.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Y'all started a death cult without even researching if resurrection was legal.

smh
I'm already a zombie, I don't really care if it's legal or not.

hahaaaaaa avatar jokes

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
im ranked 19 in my high school

that shows how intelligent i am and how much of a 1337 hacker i am to expose your crimes to your employment

now you're making me want to rant about how bull**** high school rankings are and how useless/unnecessary they are to celebrate
You are without a doubt absolutely correct about the ranking systems. They don't predict future success, and in some cases do more harm than good.

It's not so much that learners with higher scores shouldn't be celebrated, but that sort of celebration is...something else, I guess. I just doesn't really mean anything in the long run.

D

Deleted member

Yes.

That's quite the definition of an alternative account.
But you don't have two accounts at that point so your account couldn't be labeled an "Alt" there aren't two only one.

There's no account to be labeled an Alt of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom