• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

NGL knowing Prime Trilogy is back to square one now hurts more than P5.

I don't wanna talk about it.
If anything, it's already been confirmed by multiple sources that Nintendo had already finished Metroid Prime Trilogy back last year, but due to the whole Metroid Prime 4 situation, now their whole schedule is screwed up. And honestly, wouldn't be surprised if that was the biggest factor of rushing to get Joker's announcement produced and be done in time for The Game Awards to make a quick swap for the Nintendo announcement slot.

I dunno why they haven't just said "hey, we've been done for over half a year on this thing, here you go", so I expect if there'll be a Direct this month, it'll be shown. If no Direct this month, E3 for sure. I mean, they completed Yoshi's Crafted World all the way back since December, but yet they released it in March, so there's gotta be some reason for this.

The problem is that people at this point expect Persona 5 Switch, and I don't think it's "dumb" to think so with stuff like Smash and P5S and all that. What WOULD be dumb, would be Atlus in this situation, if they just ignore a huge chance to make more bank.

Either way, I'll be sitting by the wayside eating my sandwich if things go haywire.

Delicious!.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
smashboards when there isn't actually a microsoft rep at all like

Bruh, folks are seriously overrating the possibility. I’ve been saying that for months.

Though, Smash fans get excited at a possibility of something happening, talk about it, and then the echo chamber decides it’s likely because it gets a ton of screen time. A Microsoft character is a major victim of this.

I will say, though, that since suggesting a Resident Evil character, i’ve been seeing Leon or Jill get mentioned in different settings way more often. Let’s hope it’s not a fad!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Bruh, folks are seriously overrating the possibility. I’ve been saying that for months.

Though, Smash fans get excited at a possibility of something happening, talk about it, and then the echo chamber decides it’s likely because it gets a ton of screen time. A Microsoft character is a major victim of this.

I will say, though, that since suggesting a Resident Evil character, i’ve been seeing Leon or Jill get mentioned in different settings way more often. Let’s hope it’s not a fad!
I agree with this and I don't, if that makes any sense. I do agree that most Microsoft characters don't really have a chance, but I think Steve does.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo prefers to announce things through their own venues unless it's a big worldwide event. At this point I think smash direct on the 25th seems feasible.
I never thought a general direct was likely, they've already made their spring announcements and they need to save things for E3.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
smashboards when there isn't actually a microsoft rep at all like

Tbh, there’s very little concrete evidence for a Microsoft rep. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t get a rep.

I’m only in support of Banjo anyway, and he’s nowhere near the top of my wishlist, so it doesn’t matter to me if we get a rep or not.

Also, good morning everyone.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

i genuinely believe that if we're getting a microsoft character at all, it'll be steve - you only need to look as far as official nintendo polls to see how nintendo views him even in relation to their own IPs, and the fighter's pass's apparent aim (as per investors meetings) is to 'bring in new audiences' - and for potential audiences, you really don't get much bigger than minecraft.

1555168248357.png

polarpanda's source saying flat out that steve isn't in means i can at least believe that much, but their uncertainty on banjo doesn't exactly convince me that we're suddenly getting him in steve's place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, I would've agreed with you had it not been for all the recent Microsoft rumors ending up coming to fruition, so I wouldn't say it'd be THAT far off, at this point. But remember.

My very being is on the line on this one.

I need you to come through with the support. Even if you are scoliosis.

no....png

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I miss a few weeks ago when we all thought Banjo was a lock and we were just excitedly talking about how awesome Banjo is. Then all you negative Nancy’s and Neil’s came back and opened Pandora’s Box of Pessimism.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I mean, I would've agreed with you had it not been for all the recent Microsoft rumors ending up coming to fruition, so I wouldn't say it'd be THAT far off, at this point. But remember.

My very being is on the line on this one.

I need you to come through with the support. Even if you are scoliosis.

View attachment 207779
You could technically, instead of being Scott the Woz, be Scottt the Wozzz.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Not really fussed if we get a general direct and wasn't really expecting one: as has already been said, we've seen all we need to see until E3

My only thing is when they're going to go through some of the new additions in Mario Maker 2, which will be coming out the same month as E3 (and while I'm expecting a last push of marketing, going through additional features like potential multiplayer seems a little late)

Perhaps a small dedicated mini direct in May or something?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
polarpanda's source saying flat out that steve isn't in means i can at least believe that much, but their uncertainty on banjo doesn't exactly convince me that we're suddenly getting him in steve's place.
I wouldn't really discount Steve just because polar said he isn't in. Leakers can be wrong. And as far as I know polar haven't leak any Smash character. So I wouldn't take their word as the end-all of speculation.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
When it comes to this sort of stuff, not just Smashboards really. For the most part, this go around of speculation is better than Smash 4 was. Goodness gracious, that was brutal.

I was scrolling through /v/ (for memes and lols, i’m not a true degenerate who posts) and somebody there started a thread that Fire Emblem was getting the next Fighter pack because of a Fire Emblem event coming up. We talk all the time of “chances” of being in Smash, or what certain things mean, but overall I do believe Smash character speculators link so many things to Smash that everything is seen as Smash related.

Microsoft deal? Steve’s in Smash. Oh wait Steve isn’t in? Has to be Banjo, no doubt.

This character is getting into Smash? Must mean a Nintendo port. (I was hoping for Persona 5 on Switch, but not that surprised. Same thing happened with MGS4).

This character is going to be in an upcoming game? They’re likely to be in Smash.

Anyway, I may do another roster maker post for fun. I think I may be able to put together a roster of what I want as we get closer to Joker’s release, and hopefully an Erdrick reveal.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I miss a few weeks ago when we all thought Banjo was a lock and we were just excitedly talking about how awesome Banjo is. Then all you negative Nancy’s and Neil’s came back and opened Pandora’s Box of Pessimism.
If it helps, I was never thrilled by the idea of Banjo in Smash.

D

Deleted member

The reason I think that we need a direct for two reasons

1. Mario Maker 2. There's no way they can drop info about MM2, a game we know near nothing about, the same month (or possibly week), as the game itself
2. Smash 3.0. There's no way they can drop 3.0 and Joker before we know anything about them

D

Deleted member

See, now y'all made Noipoi sad.

Y'all done ****ed up.

Who's first up to bat.

READY TO ATTACK.png

D

Deleted member

Ok, gonna say this one last time, but I'm taking art requests.

Here's a sample of my amazing work.

There's a thread for it, also.

D

Deleted member

Since pictures are finally able to be posted, I can share this DLC tier list at last.
4609E97C-6728-48A0-9819-A016C96FE202.jpeg

I wish I could put Eggman on “Would love”, but sadly he wasn’t available on the list creator they linked to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom