• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Alright so why the hell can't the d-pad be set to do smash attacks? I want a reliable way to do both tilts and smash attacks, dammit. Why can't I have tilts set to the lower right stick and smashes be set to the d-pad???

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Just finished KH3 (took a break from XC2 since my girlfriend is leaving in a few days and we wanted to play through it.)
Also we looked up the secret ending because the game left me feeling lazy.

Gotta say... game itself? Kinda disappointing to me. The ending twists? What???

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
And that's what I hope. I 'loved' Rogue One and thought Force Awakens was good(despite it playing it VERY safe and copying A New Hope), but it's going to take a lot of trust and rebuilding that bridge. I mean, the die-hard Star Wars fanbase is still pissed, look at Solo's box office.
When Solo was announced I said I wasn't going to see it because (at least in theatres) because it wasn't needed and I didn't think it would be any good. But I ended up breaking down and going opening night, and I can honestly say that anyone who skipped on the movie is 100% wrong for doing so.

Be upset with Rian Johnson for how he handled the hype and everything around TLJ, but don't blame other directors for it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Boy, am I glad I never cared about Star Wars. Eating pretty damn well as a Marvel/DC guy though.

I'll watch the 2D stuff because strictly because of the man Genndy.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright so why the hell can't the d-pad be set to do smash attacks? I want a reliable way to do both tilts and smash attacks, dammit. Why can't I have tilts set to the lower right stick and smashes be set to the d-pad???
It definitely would make sense, especially since we can't taunt in Quickplay.
But I think certain characters have taunts that actually do something (like :ultkirby: down taunt), so I'm not sure how that works.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Y'all want another arena? I can hook us up if so.

D

Deleted member

Y'all want another arena? I can hook us up if so.
I'm gonna take a break but you all can make one if you want and I might join later on.

For the meantime Good Games everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It definitely would make sense, especially since we can't taunt in Quickplay.
But I think certain characters have taunts that actually do something (like :ultkirby: down taunt), so I'm not sure how that works.
There are other buttons taunts can be assigned to. I'll gladly trade one of the bumpers for a taunt.

Anyway, arena crashed. I'ma probably just call it a night. GGs everyone!

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well, anyone else who cares to join, here's the info.

7VJY9

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, I'm always down to talk about Video games in here. It's kind of what the site's about.

View attachment 207689

Tell ya what. Come up with a game you'd wanna remake and why.

Personally, I'd want a remake of Mega Man X6 to make the levels less frustrating and have a better translation. Maybe have MMX voiced by Kyle Hebert or Josh Keaton too, Zero obviously being JYB.
I'd like to see a remake of the Raidou Kuzunoha games. They were super basic combat wise, but the story, characters and music were really fun and lovable.

If they could improve the graphics to be around the level of Persona 5 and have it developed by Platinum Games, then I really think it's a homerun for a sleeper hit along the lines of Nier Automata, a game wherein the base combat was absolutely awful, but everything else is well beloved.
I mean imagine this in modern graphics and effects and not PS2 jankiness.

But of course, I think Atlus would rather pull a Persona 5 spinoff and make that a character action game then use any of their other megaten properties.

Just finished KH3 (took a break from XC2 since my girlfriend is leaving in a few days and we wanted to play through it.)
Also we looked up the secret ending because the game left me feeling lazy.

Gotta say... game itself? Kinda disappointing to me. The ending twists? What???
WHAT'S.
IN.
THE.
BOX.
NOMURA.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hmm. Well, I'd still say askin' her to do somethin' casual together is worth a go.
The primary piece of direct dating advice my father has given me is actually "hey, wanna get coffee sometime?".

I'd say... open with that and try to form a connection through your mutual friend, something like that.
Pony

My friend

My child

I'm not gonna lie to you and say I know what to do, because i'm clueless about women,

But I think being cool and casual would work? So coffee or pizza or something???
There IS a formal dance coming up this week that we're both going to. Could be a good springboard. Hopefully I can get above my nerves and just say something like a "hey, I like talking to you and we should do that more" or "wanna get coffee sometime" or something.

I'll let you guys know how that goes.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
You know, I think I'm gonna seriously evaluate whether or not I should keep maining Ridley. I have not been doing well with him at all over the past couple weeks.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
i'm feeling that

deep

deep

deep

deep

sadness
Night time is one of the most effective depressants. I don't know if anyone really knows why but I assume it's night there?

Watch a funny movie or do something that really really makes you happy then, sleep. It'll be better in the morning.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
And Xenoblade X likes to beat you across the ****ing head with it. "You need to go to this area to progress the story but everything is ****ing 20 levels higher than you or something so I hope you ****ing love stealth in a game you didn't buy for stealth"

>Not running all the ****ing way from Primordia to Cauldros through Sylvalum to reach the Miranium Deposit at White Phosphor Lake while being Lv. 8

Git

Gud

Güen

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Night time is one of the most effective depressants. I don't know if anyone really knows why but I assume it's night there?
thanks for reminding me of alaska's depression epidemic

>Not running all the ****ing way from Primordia to Cauldros through Sylvalum to reach the Miranium Deposit at White Phosphor Lake
this sounds like a hogwarts road trip

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I still remember finally getting to play SMT3 on my P----modified PS2.

I remember getting to some maze area and the game never loading the stairs.... mostly cause it was an anti-piracy measure

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Dark Arrows are fun to use in this game.
When you turned around like 20 times, shot me, and HIT, it honestly intimidated me to the point that I didn't know what to do for the rest of the match.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Watch a funny movie or do something that really really makes you happy then, sleep. It'll be better in the morning.
The reason why Nighttime is a depressant is because Daylight is where you get the vitamins that regulate your mood.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean people can praise the original trilogy til the tauntauns come home but Return of the Jedi was a slog to get through.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean people can praise the original trilogy til the tauntauns come home but Return of the Jedi was a slog to get through.
How could you say something soo bold yet soo contr---

Nah, honestly you right. RotJ is my least favorite film in the original trilogy for that reason.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I can't wait for another 10 years of people ****ting on the Sequel Trilogy, just like they did with the Prequel Trilogy. And I loved all the movies... Let me love what I want to love dammit!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom