• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

GUYS.
EMPEROR PALPATINE HAS THE ABILITY TO CONQUER DEATH.

mother****ing duh

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
TLJ: Let the past die
RoS: Guess who's back, Sheev is back
abrams is 100% nostalgia
johnson is 100% subverting your expectations

had they worked together or done any kind of planning before writing their movies, they could have been something more

D

Deleted member

You can still ignore people, it's just that you'd be kinda expected not to ignore someone who is an active poster in the section you mod, since that could hinder your ability to mod that section effectively.

What does happen, however, is that other people can no longer ignore you. Which I should probably be thankful for, else who knows how many ignore lists I'd be on. :p
Is there any requisites for a mod? Have been thinking of applying but dunno how much time I can invest or if Im capable.

D

Deleted member

The new movie can make amends if it starts off with Finn waking up panicked in the medical bay claiming he just had the craziest dream about the greatest Jedi they've ever known being a washed up hobo drunk on blue ***** milk; thereby retconnecting the entirety of episode VIII as a fever dream he saw while he recovered from a lightsaber to the back at the end of episode VII.

D

Deleted member

So, Star Wars Episode IX is called Rise of Skywalker...

Leave it to J. J. to finally tie everything back together with Nostalgia.

I love it, honestly. It's obviously referring to the Emperor still being alive which would explain how Snoke just showed up with such a Mastery of The Dark Side. He's Palpatine's Padawan. This could really tie up the franchise really well.

My only thing is that name: The Rise of Skywalker... The Skywalker's are gone. Ben Solo is the last remaining Skywalker blood in the Galaxy. So, for a Skywalker to "rise" it'll have to be one of the previous Skywalker's. Because, all things considered I don't think Rey is a Skywalker. I think she could be a Kenobi but I think Luke was the last Skywalker. Which means.... Vader. Could've been brought back to life...?

It could also be metaphorical I suppose. A Skywalker could be a new name for a Jedi or Grey Jedi. This trailer gave me so many questions man hut it looks DAMN good.
Honestly, I hope that they can fill the void to a lot of **** from TLJ considering that I didnt disliked the movie but it raises many questions.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Red+blue=purple.

Either pick Camilla or Thanos. Or both. Easy.
Thanos is Faygo's thing and Camilla should be no one's thing.

Maybe I'll just pick the Purple Man from Daredevil lore. Super meta pick.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I’m beginning to realize there is something wrong with the people in my family.

It’s very disheartening to learn the people you respected aren’t worth that respect.
At least now you can move forward with that knowledge. Obviously, don't give up on them completely, since they're your family, but also don't feel obliged to keep moving on like nothing's wrong.

Sometimes that's just how it works out. The people you've grown up with turn out to be not so great, and that obviously throws you for a loop. You feel like you can't say anything about it, since it's your family, you're supposed to just respect them. But that's not the case. If the people around you are doin' some messed-up stuff, don't ever feel obligated to just grin and bear it.

I'm here for ya if you need me, mate. You ever wanna talk, just hit me up.

D

Deleted member

It’s very disheartening to learn the people you respected aren’t worth that respect.
game theory

is noipoi just a tiny faygoshill

jokes aside though yeah families can be like that sometimes

it sucks when you're like "oh man this person is related to me and i was raised knowing them and i love them and i respect them" and then something happens and then boom it turns out they were total scumbags the whole time

hurts your brain

gets you in your head

whatever the matter is you can always talk to (most of) us about it, if you ever feel the need to

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, Star Wars discussion.

I... have practically zero knowledge of Star Wars except the memes from the Prequel Memes reddit.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In other news they brought back The Emperor.

I’d have preferred he stayed dead, but with Snoke gone they need a big bad.

Hopefully we can get some more funny lines out of him.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
I still want to know how the **** George Lucas’s came up with the word “Darth”. Did he just imagine the word “Dark” and added a “th” because “Dark Vader” was too blunt?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
While I do like Palpatine a lot, I feel like he was shoved into this movie just to replace Snoke. And that really annoys me.

I just hope that the movie is about as good as TFA, so we don’t have another controversy on our hands.

D

Deleted member

My condolences, I am facing this problem too.
We are in this together.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah I have some experiences I could talk about.

If it really starts to upset you and you need to talk, I could listen. Let me know, man.

Noipoi

Howdy!
While I do like Palpatine a lot, I feel like he was shoved into this movie just to replace Snoke. And that really annoys me.

I just hope that the movie is about as good as TFA, so we don’t have another controversy on our hands.
The controversy around TLJ was stupid.

I don’t even get it.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
watching it back over once all is said and done this trilogy is going to be the weirdest and most uneven mess ever

you tease snoke throughout episode 7 without explaining him, kill him off in episode 8 without still explaining him, then suddenly sheev shows up out of nowhere like "yo what's cracking it's me ya boi"

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I know nothing about the Star Wars franchise, and I just want you to know that Snoke is the absolute dumbest name for an antagonist I've ever heard.

D

Deleted member

Meh, I’ll just keep myself hyped for Godzilla: King Of The Monsters, Phoenix’s Joker and the DQ5 movie regarding movies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When you try to remain chill, but the stress of being a wedding best man starts growing.

*An anime reaction image of a concerned chick goes here*

D

Deleted member

Just know that if you ever need to talk, we're always available my guy.

D

Deleted member

I don’t even get it.
oh yeah the controversy mostly boiled down to "ew minorities"

doesn't mean the movie was very good though but the controversy was bs

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hot take:

The Rise of Skywalker is the worst Star Wars subtitle.

D

Deleted member

I know nothing about the Star Wars franchise, and I just want you to know that Snoke is the absolute dumbest name for an antagonist I've ever heard.
Wait until you hear about the guy called Darth.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Just gonna drop this here.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
oh yeah the controversy mostly boiled down to "ew minorities"

doesn't mean the movie was very good though but the controversy was bs
wasn't most of the controversy that the movie spent more time trying to subvert your expectations than just tell a decent story

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I don’t even get it.
If you really sit down and analyze the plot and character motives, you will find a lot of stupid **** going on.

I personally thought the movie was... fine. But I can understand why there is controversy surrounding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom