• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not if they're oatmeal raisin.

Dirty traitors that have given themselves to the "healthy" side.
I can agree with that, though the only way I’d eat them is if my mom sent them to me which to be frank, my mom makes amazing cookies and has nailed every recipe she’s tried so far, even she would make them amazing.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
...so it can be the best deck ever?
i wasnt even gonna get back into the game until this dude showed up

1555050238463.png

this dude is a free crash and bash. people can whine about the ojama country all they want, this **** is perfect for ojama ABC imo

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Stop arguing about cookies. We all know you'll eat whatever cookie is in front of you.

That's what cookies are for.
I'm actually real picky about cookies and every other food under the sun but shhh. Unless I can identify them at a glance as one of the few kinds I like, I won't touch them.

D

Deleted member

Stop arguing about cookies. We all know you'll eat whatever cookie is in front of you.

That's what cookies are for.
I can eat most types of cookies but there are some that I just do not like.

Raisin and Oatmeal cookies for starters I don't like but otherwise totally.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sandbag should become a dlc fighter...obviously

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I keep seeing my name in the alerts every time someone responds to this thread, and it keeps making me think I got mentioned or something.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
All those losers on here discussing premade cookie recipes meanwhile my mothers teaching me to make cookies intuitively and by god her cookies are the best ****.

And then someone tries to identify them but people don't know what plätzgebäk is so they always guess wrong but they have to guess something with full conviction because they can't accept not being as good at baking as her.

So, woke up with a cookie rant...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Today in "Mythra tries foreshortening but ****ing dies really ****ing hard halfway after running out of space"

20190412_004919.jpg

Pour some Fs in the chat

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All those losers on here discussing premade cookie recipes meanwhile my mothers teaching me to make cookies intuitively and by god her cookies are the best ****.

And then someone tries to identify them but people don't know what plätzgebäk is so they always guess wrong but they have to guess something with full conviction because they can't accept not being as good at baking as her.

So, woke up with a cookie rant...
well tbf not even google can tell me what platzgebak is

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*goes on the fire emblem heroes reddit. First post is this:
1555052170624.jpeg

Not what I would expect....

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
holy ****

i can use ojama red and have it be viable now

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Flavor of the month!?! He’s the second most reoccurring villain in the Zelda series!
His last appearances were in 2005.

Maybe if this were Brawl speculation you'd have a case, but for the "second most reoccurring villain in the Zelda series" to have not made an appearance in the series at all for 14 years makes him a pretty flavor of the month character in my eyes. Especially since a lot of other villains and characters have popped up since then.

Plus the dude didn't even show up in Hyrule Warriors. That doesn't speak well to his popularity if I do say so myself.
*goes on the fire emblem heroes reddit. First post is this:
View attachment 207449

Not what I would expect....
Obligatory

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
There's no feeling more cathartic then making a comeback of a tea-bagger.

Just fought a Yoshi who neutral-b'd be at the ledge on my last stock and started tea-bagging prematurely, not realizing I knew how to mash. After I recovered I survived to over 200% and KO'd him off the top with a meaty Zard Uair.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Trash opinion
Oh don't get me started on Part 2. Nevermind I started myself.

Okay, first off, Joseph is a gag character that uses asspulls as a gimmick. For gags, that's fine, but for plot progression it's hella dumb.

1555053684352.png
You know what was great? The small spaghetti fight when he first met Casesar. That was fun, entertaining, and showed off that Caesar knew Hamon.
You know what wasn't great? Beating the final boss because some random rocks saved you by total coincidence. That's not fun. That's dumb and a dumb way to remove a villain under the premise of "only mother nature could defeat father nature" or whatever the **** Araki was writing about.

Joseph himself isn't much of a nuisance, it's more whether or not you prefer his personality. I think it's fine, but I do get that scent of the beginning of those "I act dumb but I'm actually Albert Einstein reincarnated" tropes. I think a lot of his tricks were genuinely neat, but they became way too asspull-y by the end of the Part, more particularly the **** hit the fan with that crossbow stuff.

Joseph does go through plenty development and become less of an asshole and more of an asshole hero. You know who sucks at development, though?

1555053904946.png
Caesar had pisspoor development as a character. He starts off as a snob, slowly develops into a nicer and more open person, and then regresses it all just in one scene just to ****ing die and immediately regret all of his actions and bow at the knees of the Joestars. He needed a lot more time to be fleshed out instead of what we ended up with, IMO.

1555054165081.png
The final issue with the biggest characters in this Part are the actual villains. Esidisi gets almost zero development and boils down to jobber enemy #1 with a bit of sass. Kars himself is a pretty bland villain, though his backstory showed a lot of potential to be more tragic. He ultimately ends up looking like a traitor to his own race just because he's super smart and he said so. Wamuu is a genuinely great character though. Lives by the sword, dies by the sword, and has a warrior's honor code. He doesn't ever break that spirit, and that's charming to see a Part 2 character that isn't bipolar on what type of character they want to be.

The plot itself is a bit dumb. Joseph was totally in the right by saying the Red Stone should've been destroyed. If the idea is that Joseph wants to end the family curse haunting him, then destroying the stone prevents Kars from doing anything and basically renders him useless forevermore. But nope, it went on for another 50 chapters and we got where we are now.

I could do far much more than this but it's 3 AM I shouldn't be up right now

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Thank you everyone for your congratulations/support!

I've been out this evening and unable to really come here and soak it in. I'm just excited to put my time spent here to actual use and shepherd you crazy people.

But seriously, I'm humbled they considered me and glad I can be of service to the community as a whole. I said like six months ago I'd never want to be a mod again, but, eh. I guess I lied.

Anyway, while I'm very happy for Grey, you guys have to demote him right now.

His whole profile had a light blue aesthetic goin' on, and now you've ruined it.
Yeah, not gonna lie that was my first thought. "**** now I need to change everything to RED!"

But that's a problem for tomorrow Grey. I'm like five minutes away from falling asleep.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Thank you everyone for your congratulations/support!

I've been out this evening and unable to really come here and soak it in. I'm just excited to put my time spent here to actual use and shepherd you crazy people.

But seriously, I'm humbled they considered me and glad I can be of service to the community as a whole. I said like six months ago I'd never want to be a mod again, but, eh. I guess I lied.

Yeah, not gonna lie that was my first thought. "**** now I need to change everything to RED!"

But that's a problem for tomorrow Grey. I'm like five minutes away from falling asleep.
Oh **** Grey is a mod?

**** congrats man

Mod Edit: Lol accidentally censor dodged there mate.

tehponycorn Edit: thanks for the save guys. My bad on that one.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh don't get me started on Part 2. Nevermind I started myself.

Okay, first off, Joseph is a gag character that uses asspulls as a gimmick. For gags, that's fine, but for plot progression it's hella dumb.

View attachment 207456
You know what was great? The small spaghetti fight when he first met Casesar. That was fun, entertaining, and showed off that Caesar knew Hamon.
You know what wasn't great? Beating the final boss because some random rocks saved you by total coincidence. That's not fun. That's dumb and a dumb way to remove a villain under the premise of "only mother nature could defeat father nature" or whatever the **** Araki was writing about.

Joseph himself isn't much of a nuisance, it's more whether or not you prefer his personality. I think it's fine, but I do get that scent of the beginning of those "I act dumb but I'm actually Albert Einstein reincarnated" tropes. I think a lot of his tricks were genuinely neat, but they became way too asspull-y by the end of the Part, more particularly the **** hit the fan with that crossbow stuff.

Joseph does go through plenty development and become less of an ******* and more of an ******* hero. You know who sucks at development, though?

View attachment 207457
Caesar had pisspoor development as a character. He starts off as a snob, slowly develops into a nicer and more open person, and then regresses it all just in one scene just to ****ing die and immediately regret all of his actions and bow at the knees of the Joestars. He needed a lot more time to be fleshed out instead of what we ended up with, IMO.

View attachment 207458
The final issue with the biggest characters in this Part are the actual villains. Esidisi gets almost zero development and boils down to jobber enemy #1 with a bit of sass. Kars himself is a pretty bland villain, though his backstory showed a lot of potential to be more tragic. He ultimately ends up looking like a traitor to his own race just because he's super smart and he said so. Wamuu is a genuinely great character though. Lives by the sword, dies by the sword, and has a warrior's honor code. He doesn't ever break that spirit, and that's charming to see a Part 2 character that isn't bipolar on what type of character they want to be.

The plot itself is a bit dumb. Joseph was totally in the right by saying the Red Stone should've been destroyed. If the idea is that Joseph wants to end the family curse haunting him, then destroying the stone prevents Kars from doing anything and basically renders him useless forevermore. But nope, it went on for another 50 chapters and we got where we are now.

I could do far much more than this but it's 3 AM I shouldn't be up right now
Characters who weren't JoJo didn't really get to do anything beyond getting JoJo to do something parts 1 and 2. IIRC Araki regretted Lisa Lisa not doing more but from his commentary on Ceaser, his whole character was to be a Zepelli which meant his role was going to be limited from the get go.

Kars defeat comes across less as coincidence on rereading/rewatching, given it was a combination of the red stone and his own hamon that caused the eruption and his own stupidity to leave the shield of the rock Joseph was on.

I kind of thought the idea of the no living thing being able to beat the ultimate lifeform was kind of cool but once you bring stands into the picture, it seems kind of less true. Also, while technically true the red stone allowed Perfect Kars to be defeated, if they just destroyed the damn thing to begin with they could have finished him off when Speedwagon and the Nazis showed up.

It's not a masterpiece of writing by any means but I enjoyed Joseph, his fighting and Kars for just being an unhonourable douche. Also Lisa Lisa the milf.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh **** Grey is a mod?

**** congrats man

Mod Edit: Lol accidentally censor dodged there mate.

tehponycorn Edit: thanks for the save guys. My bad on that one.
Haha I was actually pulling up the rules and mod guidelines to see what the protocol was. I was like, "Come ON man, you're making me infract ALREADY??"

Wait, AGAIN?
**** I feel Young right now
Not here. I was never a moderator here. I've been a part of the staff for other sites, notably the admin for AllisBrawl for like two and a half years.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Characters who weren't JoJo didn't really get to do anything beyond getting JoJo to do something parts 1 and 2. IIRC Araki regretted Lisa Lisa not doing more but from his commentary on Ceaser, his whole character was to be a Zepelli which meant his role was going to be limited from the get go.

Kars defeat comes across less as coincidence on rereading/rewatching, given it was a combination of the red stone and his own hamon that caused the eruption and his own stupidity to leave the shield of the rock Joseph was on.

I kind of thought the idea of the no living thing being able to beat the ultimate lifeform was kind of cool but once you bring stands into the picture, it seems kind of less true. Also, while technically true the red stone allowed Perfect Kars to be defeated, if they just destroyed the damn thing to begin with they could have finished him off when Speedwagon and the Nazis showed up.

It's not a masterpiece of writing by any means but I enjoyed Joseph, his fighting and Kars for just being an unhonourable douche. Also Lisa Lisa the milf.
This is ****ing wild to Read when you don't watch Jojos

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Grey is a mod?

But who will I complain to?

I can't complain to authority.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Haha I was actually pulling up the rules and mod guidelines to see what the protocol was. I was like, "Come ON man, you're making me infract ALREADY??"

Not here. I was never a moderator here. I've been a part of the staff for other sites, notably the admin for AllisBrawl for like two and a half years.
That one was my bad. Thanks for the save :drifloon:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom