• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
If this was a DnD game all of your charisma rolls would have been 1s, don't flatter yourself
*Pulls out my most recent character sheet of my Tiefling Sorcerer that started out at 19 Charisma*
I wouldn't be so sire about that!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah that's absolutely the case as Joker is without a doubt finished with development. Fans are getting impatient and if they're going to reveal Erdrick and have them launch simultaneously they'll REALLY be frustrated as they couldn't reveal Erdrick in the previous Direct as they need to show Joker first as they'd risk investors assuming development's going bad or that he's scrapped
Atlus is officially a huge ****. Sometimes you have fun with it and it makes you feel amazing things. But most of the time it’s just getting in the way and making everyone frustrated.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder if Nintendo is happy with the current situation regarding Joker. Like, what if he’s completely finished, trailer and everything, but they have to wait to release him till Atlus does their little concert. I can imagine that’s frustrating.
That sounds like an unlikely scenario. ATLUS is a small company and they are essentially guests in this game. I heavily doubt they are just ordering around Nintendo's release schedule.

I can enjoy live video game concerts. I don’t like being forced to watch them though.
Then don't, it's not like people won't upload the news to internet immediately.

D

Deleted member

The latter. I literally learned how to sway people in college and I can make very good arguments as to why you should buy this product you had no interest in until I told you about it
How have you yet to convince me to watch C**en Rider then?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Atlus is officially a huge ****. Sometimes you have fun with it and it makes you feel amazing things. But most of the time it’s just getting in the way and making everyone frustrated.
Atlus pulls this **** all the time, **** em
If this was a DnD game all of your charisma rolls would have been 1s, don't flatter yourself
You say that but I tend to have damn good charisma stats because my friends don't ****ing understand magic so I have to learn for them

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Feeling very pessimistic about Direct chances but really, really hoping I’m wrong.

Also my Spotify premium account ran out so now I’m stuck with these annoying ads telling me to buy more premium. When 70% of your ads are telling you to buy something that gets rid of ads it really gets my goat.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
as was discussed a couple of days ago, the last week of april is also generally just a good time to release things in japan because of golden week - mewtwo was also released on the 28th. i think it's less atlus ordering nintendo around and more a mutual agreement between the two parties that "yeah ok this is a good time, people are on holiday and we have their attention"

osby

Smash Obsessed
as was discussed a couple of days ago, the last week of april is also generally just a good time to release things in japan because of golden week - mewtwo was also released on the 28th. i think it's less atlus ordering nintendo around and more a mutual agreement between the two parties that "yeah ok this is a good time, people are on holiday and we have their attention"
I'm sorry, are you implying that the news drought is caused by a civil negotiation and not ATLUS being a tyrant overlord?

Sounds fake.

D

Deleted member

You've seen one episode of Gaim and I believe 2 of Fourze. Also you said you watched Dragon Knight as a kid or something
Yeah and them I sent it to the trash. Sorry, I mean, garbage.
Also, how the **** do you know I watched Dragon Knight I didn't even know the name what the ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm sorry, are you implying that the news drought is caused by a civil negotiation and not ATLUS being a tyrant overlord?

Sounds fake.
how the atlus/nintendo deal actually looks:

1554899706145.png

how the atlus/nintendo deal looks to smash fans:

1554899763607.png

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
The thing is, Joker being shown off at a Persona live concert is a gigantic marketing failure.
Here’s a hot take: 90% of all of Smash’s marketing isn’t done by Nintendo, it’s done by people recording themselves screaming at character reveals.
Very few Smash fans are even going to know PSL is going on. Then, when he suddenly gets shadowdropped onto the site without warning, those reaction videos suddenly become “Yooo. Joker is out. Wooow. So cool.” rather than “YOOOO HOLY **** JOKER IS OUT OH MY GOD”
The hype factor of Joker in Smash will die pretty much instantly.

D

Deleted member

FalKoopa FalKoopa you don't even use this site anymore but look she made another typo

I have eyes everywhere little one
Stop editing my posts, Gwen.

Do you have eyes inside my pants because if so I'm gonna make you slightly blind.

Also, Dragon Knight is just am extended Man in the Mirror arc. You can't change my mind.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The thing is, Joker being shown off at a Persona live concert is a gigantic marketing failure.
Here’s a hot take: 90% of all of Smash’s marketing isn’t done by Nintendo, it’s done by people recording themselves screaming at character reveals.
Very few Smash fans are even going to know PSL is going on. Then, when he suddenly gets shadowdropped onto the site without warning, those reaction videos suddenly become “Yooo. Joker is out. Wooow. So cool.” rather than “YOOOO HOLY **** JOKER IS OUT OH MY GOD”
I'd agree with you if we were talking about a character reveal but we already know Joker is coming, hype train done its job in VGA.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
We never said he was gonna be revealed during the concert

If anything he's just likely gonna be shown off at a later date, after said concert.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you think any of the Smash Characters bang when they all get together like this? It’s the perfect opportunity for on night stands! You might not see Simon Belmont ever again once you go back to Hyrule.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Do you have eyes inside my pants because if so I'm gonna make you slightly blind.

Also, Dragon Knight is just am extended Man in the Mirror arc. You can't change my mind.
My eyes are all-seeing so yes

I mean, the Japanese dub's opening is called DIVE IN THE MIRROR so I guess?
Tbh this isn't bad CGI considering it's mostly from 2002

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Do you think any of the Smash Characters bang when they all get together like this? It’s the perfect opportunity for on night stands! You might not see Simon Belmont ever again once you go back to Hyrule.
1554900095003.png

i am shocked and appalled and yes they absolutely do

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

You edited your post though. So l'm going to assume the typo was there.

No hiding from the typolice.

D

Deleted member

Hey girl, do you take constructuve criticism?
My eyes are all-seeing so yes

I mean, the Japanese dub's opening is called DIVE IN THE MIRROR so I guess?
Tbh this isn't bad CGI considering it's mostly from 2002
*Punches crotch* Bad Gwen!

Imagine how hard you'd have fangirled if they localized Man in the Mirror as Dive in the Mirror

osby

Smash Obsessed
Please keep the discussion family friendly and-this was an oddly specific scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom