• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm really feel bad for Sonic nowadays...

First the quality of his games, then his fanbase, and now this...

I think it's time that we put the blue blur down for good
If I had a dollar everytime I saw this, I could buy Sonic from SEGA.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm really feel bad for Sonic nowadays...

First the quality of his games, then his fanbase, and now this...

I think it's time that we put the blue blur down for good
Hardly. There's a ton of untapped potential in Sonic, as shown through his good games, or at the very least, the good parts of his games. And despite the clearly bad games, his **** still sells.

What needs to be put down for good is Sega's management, or at the very least the management at Sonic Team. They're schizophrenic and unconfident with their ideas, relying on new gimmicks instead of actually fleshing out Sonic's gameplay in a natural way, a la Mario's games like Galaxy, Odyssey, 3D World, etc.

A perfect example is Unleashed, the game that created the "boost" gameplay that was received so well, marred by an unnecessary and jarring "werehog" gameplay that no one asked for. Like, guys. You made a good game. Try believing in it sometime and not stuffing the rest of the game with other ****.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
This is Ken Penders on steroids:

And this is to go even further beyond.

We aren’t dealing with the average Ken Penders anymore. Twitter is ****ting itself.
“Sonic May be fast, but Geoffrey was faster on the draw in that department.”

OH DAMN!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hardly. There's a ton of untapped potential in Sonic, as shown through his good games, or at the very least, the good parts of his games. And despite the clearly bad games, his **** still sells.

What needs to be put down for good is Sega's management, or at the very least the management at Sonic Team. They're schizophrenic and unconfident with their ideas, relying on new gimmicks instead of actually fleshing out Sonic's gameplay in a natural way, a la Mario's games like Galaxy, Odyssey, 3D World, etc.

A perfect example is Unleashed, the game that created the "boost" gameplay that was received so well, marred by an unnecessary and jarring "werehog" gameplay that no one asked for. Like, guys. You made a good game. Try believing in it sometime and not stuffing the rest of the game with other ****.
Colors was like exclusively Unleashed’s day levels and it was good ****

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Gimme Sonic x Mirror's Edge please.
Yes, two franchises that significantly lost their way and had terrible outings on their most recent releases.

What could go wrong.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

My post was a bit of a joke. The franchise should certainly continue

I really hope to see Sonic rise as one of the video game greats, like he once was back in the day.

If only Sega/Sonic Team had faith in good ideas

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Welp, Grubhub just jacked up all their prices.

Guess I have to walk to get my lunch from now on.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Actually, Sonic Rush created the Boost gameplay.

Just nitpicking.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
They had enough faith in Headcannon and PagodaWest Games to let them make Sonic Mania. That’s a start.
True dat

Still hoping that the core Sonic Team games could have the same polish and effort that Mania had, sometime in the future

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Imagine actually paying for food and not doing the Big Boss approved method of going into a nearby forest, killing an animal, and eating it raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom