• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Kinda funny with Mortal Kombat is they had the opposite problem to a lot of fighting games.

Other games: Loads of characters, many sharing a moveset
Mortal Kombat: Few Character models, many different movesets.

D

Deleted member

Okay kiddos. Gather round. Get ready for some L O R E

Uncle Swamp is gonna tell you about the great Swamp vs Divine debate.

Once upon a time, during the Smash 4 speculation period. There was a user named DivineDiety. Divine started off pretty small, never said a lot. The things he did say though caught everyone's attention due to the absurdity of the claims.

The man thought that Smash should appeal almost exclusively to the western market due to us being a much bigger source of income. That by itself wasn't too bad of a statement, but he suggested doing this by completely removing Fire Emblem and Earthbound as they were too small and dead series.

After enough ridicule, he eventually changed his position so that only Marth, Roy, Ike and Ness should be in. He got into arguments frequently (as Smash 4 days were the arguing days) and did so in less then appealing ways.

I was one of the users who frequently interjected his points. @GoldenYuiitusin was another. Eventually, the dude got so angry and frustrated that he started calling us demons and insulting us whereever he went.

The man went into a depressing spiral where he simply became more and more hateful. He'd be more insulting and more aggressive and eventually starting to say...

really bad things...

Dude started to become a bigot in several ways. He was xenophobic though that part of him never got too bad. The worst thing was that he was extremely anti LGBT.

The dude was a conservative Christian and since there were a lot of nice people who were conservative Christians on this site (myself included) we tried to talk with him. We even discussed scripture to try and improve his outlook. He rarely listened though. He was banned repeatedly and given infractions multiple times a week.

Throughout all of this, he always wondered why the site hated him. It was obvious to everyone else, but he couldn't understand.

Finally he said one thing that the site just could not forgive...

He said that San Francisco should be bombed due to its large gay population (parphrasing here).

All sympathy for him was lost.

The man was appropriately infracted and was openly insulted by the community. After another small argument with him in a social, he challenged me to something.

An official debate.

One with a clear winner and loser. We would debate on the merits of keeping Fire Emblem and Earthbound in Smash and the winner would be determined by the most likes.

You can see where this is going and how someone with more self awareness would have seen this way of determining a winner was awful and loaded for me from the start. I told him this.

But of course... I accepted.

This got the whole community in a tizzy. They all wanted to see him fail and since I was a relatively popular user at the time, they supported me almost 100%. The social made it a show. @Moon Monkey , @Smooth Criminal and @Disfunkshunal all changed avatars and pretended to broadcast the event as sportcasters, making play by play commentary. Even the great John Madden made an appearance. @Johnknight1 was making hillarious comments the whole time. Everyone was into it. I was earning likes left and right and if I recall correctly, @Holder of the Heel was the only person to like Divine's statements out of sympathy. It was clear that I was going to win.

Divine saw the writing on the wall and even pushed the goalposts further by extending the debate and changing how the winner was decided. The community called him out on this. Everything was going well.

But then... tragedy! I had to leave for dinner. DivineDeity claimed that since I had left, I had forfeited and that the likes I had received were irrelevant. He was going to win. The thread was quick to shut that idea down...

But a lone hero jumped in to take my place and argue for me.

I wanna say it was @TheFirstPoppyBro but I honestly don't remember.

Regardless, the hero keep the debate going til I got back. I got a penalty for leaving for dinner and we continued.

The final score was overwhelmingly in my favor. Divine denied losing though and said that the thread was biased (No duh).

He eventually left on his own accord but it became an incredibly memorable time for the Smash 4 social and speculation community at large.

@Opossum @Arcanir were there. They (and the others I tagged) can vouch for the validity and fix any mistakes. Hopefully this explains the whole ordeal.
There was also the fact he'd go out of his way to pick fights with me despite the fact that back then I was even more of a hardass than I am today.

He wanted to think he was my "rival", but he was only a pain in the ass.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
if there's anyone y'all should be afraid of, it's sakurai

that man's character decisions mean life and death on this board

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

osby

Smash Obsessed
if there's anyone y'all should be afraid of, it's sakurai

that man's character decisions mean life and death on this board
I'm sorry, you aren't a real gamer if your health and well-being isn't dependent on the newcomers of Mario Can Punch Pikachu 5.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm sorry, you aren't a real gamer if your health and well-being isn't dependent on the newcomers of Mario Can Punch Pikachu 5.
You cheated not only speculation, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Prediction time!

6 is afraid of 7 because Seven Eight Nine

I really need to get better at predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom