• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
After reading the patch notes, I just want to take a minute to appreciate that Smash's team buffed Incineroar's recovery. Otherwise, the balance changes seem minor everywhere else, so I'm not concerned.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Not really. Pit is literally trying to avoid PP. Looks pretty clearly like a vague situation that fits either. He's literally scared of it. It applies to both easily.

That'd be the obvious case if he wasn't trying to avoid it. Nope, not buying it was meant to be obvious. Pit is literally scared of the PP. And yelling. And then told to shush. It applies to both easily.
Pit saying "oh no" implies they knew not to mention PPs around Viridi. That was the entire joke, that they were afraid of setting her off on a ramble.

Meanwhile what implies that Pit was trying to avoid PP? He was just asking about it.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
It's taking me a while to get used to Piranha Plant.

Neutral B is challenging to land for me.

And down B just feels useless. Weren't you able to angle that **** in the gameplay reveal for him? Does it only go up now?
You can angle down b, just tilt when charging it

Shroob

Sup?
Guessing there's nothing in game to indicate Piranha Plant will be available to purchase at a later date.

Oh well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guessing there's nothing in game to indicate Piranha Plant will be available to purchase at a later date.

Oh well.
It says it will be, but doesn't give specifics.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not really. Pit is literally trying to avoid PP. Looks pretty clearly like a vague situation that fits either. He's literally scared of it. It applies to both easily.

That'd be the obvious case if he wasn't trying to avoid it. Nope, not buying it was meant to be obvious. Pit is literally scared of the PP. And yelling. And then told to shush. It applies to both easily.
Palutena says "Quiet, she'll hear you." and Viridi immediately launches into lengthy list of Piranha Plant variations.

I don't think it's that vague.

I'm all for more Female Characters, but I think claiming PP is Female is grasping at straws.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet (this thread moves too fast), but the Mario Party spirits and the Pokemon Let's Go spirits were added to the Spirit Board and the Vault's Store. If you missed those or didn't get Pokemon Let's Go, then you can now get them whenever you want.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the "she" clearly means Viridi second time watching it.

Viridi being the nature freak that would OBVIOUSLY have a lot to say about a potted plant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...Did Olimar's WoL exploit get nerfed or did I just equip a weird spirit set?

D

Deleted member

Inkling more or less feels the same. Roller still sets up kills at higher percents, which is what it is for so I'm fine with the changes. Roller nerfs were a slippery slope, but it looks like the devs handled it pretty well.

*Inb4 someone still complains about it*

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

PP can be played in WoL, you get her just by entering the mode. I was ****ing right yo
also about the january release lol

Also, PP's female and this is my Camlann

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am not convinced it isn't vague. I already fully heard the context, more than once. Still comes off as vague to me. No, you aren't going to convince me with the vague Guidance. So stop trying.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Shroob

Sup?
Can I just be the brash and bull headed elephant in the room and say, why do we care what gender a plant is?

I'm all for more females in gaming.

But it's a plant.

Do you walk into your back yard and care if the weed you pluck is male or female?

Pretty sure none of you are botanists.

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Can I just be the brash and bull headed elephant in the room and say, why do we care what gender a plant is?

But it's a plant.

Do you walk into your back yard and care if the weed you pluck is male or female?

I also need to know Piranha Plant's religious beliefs.

D

Deleted member

DLC FIGHTERS WILL BE IN THE EVERYONE IS HERE BANNER!!!!!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
PP can be played in WoL, you get her just by entering the mode. I was ****ing right yo
also about the january release lol

Also, PP's female and this is my Camlann
I am not convinced it isn't vague. I already fully heard the context, more than once. Still comes off as vague to me. No, you aren't going to convince me with the vague Guidance. So stop trying.
In all fairness there's nothing to imply PP is male either, so that's still a completely fair headcanon to have but like...

It being about Viridi was still the entire point of the joke but okay.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It seems like in order to use DLC characters in Adventure Mode, you have to beat it or play New Game +.

Just tested both my old WoL files (one 100% and one NG+) and PP unlocked immediately. I then tried a New File of WoL and Piranha Plant didn't unlock, even after I beat Mario.

Maybe you unlock DLC characters in WoL if you beat Galeem for the first time or something, but I'm not going to be the one to test that.

Needless to say, you can't have Kirby be left all alone in the world and then be immediately joined by a Plant. :laugh:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

But it's a plant.

Yeah, how stupid.
Let's get back to the real questions like "Does Dark Samus identify as a female?" and "Is Ike homo?"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

But it's a plant.

I normally wouldn't care, but then people started erroneously saying the Guidance "confirmed" it as female, while blatantly missing the context...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In all fairness there's nothing to imply PP is male either, so that's still a completely fair headcanon to have but like...

It being about Viridi was still the entire point of the joke but okay.
Stop tagging me, please.

Speaking of vague, heh, I already moved and am getting bombarded with alerts for no good reason now. I already noted separately I am unconvinced and will consider it vague indefinitely. Thus, there is zero reason to try to converse with me about it more. It serves no purpose to go around in circles. I have a stance, and it isn't changing. None of what was said has convince me otherwise. And to be clear, I don't think it was part of the joke either.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
R.I.P. Olimar's abuseable Pikmin using Spirit power-ups. :(

I tried using the spirit team against the Pikachu and Eevee Let's Go spirits, and the Red Pikmin doesn't do as much ridiculous damage as before.

It was fun while it lasted. At least I got every spirit easily before this patch came. :D

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

But it's a plant.

Ah yes, the Mario universe is a perfect representation of real life science...

Right Yoshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom