• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why would Nintendo wait to release the update which would allow players to spend Golden Week playing it? I mean, they could release Joker the first week of May as well. But I think that week before the 30th is feasible as it doesn’t detract attention from the Emperor’s Abidcation and new Emperor’s coronation. Both immensely huge events here that is dominating tv and the news. Nothing on tv but specials about “what was the best seller books for the Heisei era (1989 to now)?”

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why would Nintendo wait to release the update which would allow players to spend Golden Week playing it? I mean, they could release Joker the first week of May as well. But I think that week before the 30th is feasible as it doesn’t detract attention from the Emperor’s Abidcation and new Emperor’s coronation. Both immensely huge events here that is dominating tv and the news. Nothing on tv but specials about “what was the best seller books for the Heisei era (1989 to now)?”
The first week of May isn't feasible as the Nintendo Newsletter email I got yesterday mentions that Joker will release in April too, meaning they've already locked him down internally

D

Deleted member

BA1E0210-80F2-4086-9355-D02AF90AAB9E.jpeg

>Insert overused Thanos meme here<

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So here’s something actually about Smash...

I know most think Joker is coming at the end of April. But there is some doubt about it. So starting from April 29th, Japan will enter into its Golden Week which this year is a bit special as the government managed to line up the new Emperor’s coronation together with other holidays to create an extra long ten week holiday.

I think we will get an announcement of a smash direct sometime after the 14th but before the 20th with a release of the 3.0 update and Joker a little before or during this Golden week. I’m placing my money on April 26th for the update.
makes sense and still allows for atlus to do atlus things

i'm down

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hello from Northern Ireland! As in, the weird bit at the top of Ireland that isn't part of the Republic of Ireland, but some people say it should be, so up until about 20 years ago you couldn't walk five yards in the street without being shot, no matter which side you were on. It's kinda okay now, though. Until next week, at least.

Can someone teach these people what the metric system is. My car's speedometer only does kilometres per hour, but the road signs are all in miles per hour. I came here to shop, not to do a maths test. Though with the difference in currency, I guess I have to do that anyway, so *shrug*

On the subject of real names, I guess I'm stuck in a sort of limbo where I feel like the name I've had since birth doesn't fit me any more on account of my clearer understanding of my gender identity (and a few other reasons I won't go into here), but I suck at names so I haven't decided on what I'd want to change it to yet. I'll probably figure something out eventually, though.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Can someone teach these people what the metric system is. My car's speedometer only does kilometres per hour, but the road signs are all in miles per hour. I came here to shop, not to do a maths test. Though with the difference in currency, I guess I have to do that anyway, so *shrug*
The UK is weird.

While we technically use the Metric system, we still measure Car speeds in Miles per Hour and measure height in Feet and Inches.

Basically, the UK officially adopted the Metric system a while ago, but nobody actually bothered starting to use it.

D

Deleted member

On the subject of real names, I guess I'm stuck in a sort of limbo where I feel like the name I've had since birth doesn't fit me any more on account of my clearer understanding of my gender identity (and a few other reasons I won't go into here), but I suck at names so I haven't decided on what I'd want to change it to yet. I'll probably figure something out eventually, though.
I’m not quite sure what to say as I can’t really relate to you here, but I hope you figure something out. It’s nice to hear you’re more sure of who you are, though. :)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
given Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 's speculation surrounding golden week, here's what i can see as a realistic schedule for the next month:

april 14th-20th: a smash direct happens, detailing joker, mii costumes, and 3.0.0. the time also feels right for erdrick, but i wouldn't put money on him just yet. everything announced is scheduled for release on april 25th (april 26th, midnight, in japan).

my original thoughts on the matter included a direct on the 25th/26th, but unless it was a 'releasing right now' deal, the timing would seem too tight. it'll also be interesting to see if joker goes up on the official site immediately after the direct, or if they'll wait until his release. as you can change costumes by clicking the website renders, joker appearing with 8 costumes at this point kills jane immediately (barring an echo fighter).

april 24th: atlus confirms P5 Royal as an expanded rerelease of persona 5, 'exclusive' to PS4.

april 25th: atlus confirms P5 Switch as a port of P5 Royal. this assumption is banking on jane being included: the timing of P5S being announced a day after Royal is fully detailed seems to line up, and it'd be bizarre for nintendo to let smash advertise a superior rerelease on the PS4. as a 'last surprise' (haha gotem), jane is then announced to be in smash as a promotion for royal/switch, and the crowd pretends to be shocked.

april 26th: world peace at last

april 27th: dataminers find the next character codename and this **** starts all over again

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So... Wutai was interesting. Considering Yuffie is an entirely optional route, I would assume all of this would be completely looked over, too.
That being said, here's a story in three parts.

...uh huh.png
illegal for sale.png
OH CHRIST.png

D

Deleted member

Between the possible Direct and Cuphead releasing on Switch, this month has potential to be great too.

D

Deleted member

KMDP KMDP
Alrighty, so I'm done with Wutai, but I'm gonna be grinding a bit in Da-Chao until I'm like, level 40. I would assume the next area I'd go to would be the Temple of the Ancients, so that should be my next area then?

Also DON CORNEO IS DEAD. ABOUT TIME.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So here’s something actually about Smash...

I know most think Joker is coming at the end of April. But there is some doubt about it. So starting from April 29th, Japan will enter into its Golden Week which this year is a bit special as the government managed to line up the new Emperor’s coronation together with other holidays to create an extra long ten week holiday.

I think we will get an announcement of a smash direct sometime after the 14th but before the 20th with a release of the 3.0 update and Joker a little before or during this Golden week. I’m placing my money on April 26th for the update.
oh yeah, I forgot about Golden Week

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
given Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 's speculation surrounding golden week, here's what i can see as a realistic schedule for the next month:

april 14th-20th: a smash direct happens, detailing joker, mii costumes, and 3.0.0. the time also feels right for erdrick, but i wouldn't put money on him just yet. everything announced is scheduled for release on april 26th.

my original thoughts on the matter included a direct on the 25th/26th, but unless it was a 'releasing right now' deal, the timing would seem too tight. it'll also be interesting to see if joker goes up on the official site immediately after the direct, or if they'll wait until his release. as you can change costumes by clicking the website renders, joker appearing with 8 costumes at this point kills jane immediately (barring an echo fighter).

april 24th: atlus confirms P5 Royal as an expanded rerelease of persona 5, 'exclusive' to PS4.

april 25th: atlus confirms P5 Switch as a port of P5 Royal. this assumption is banking on jane being included: the timing of P5S being announced a day after Royal is fully detailed seems to line up, and it'd be bizarre for nintendo to let smash advertise a superior rerelease on the PS4. as a 'last surprise' (haha gotem), jane is then announced to be in smash as a promotion for royal/switch, and the crowd pretends to be shocked.

april 27th: dataminers find the next character codename and this **** starts all over again
I foresee it being on April 26th Japan time and 25th America time. As far as Japan is concerned, best to go into the very long weekend by having Joker available plus whatever is in 3.0.

Which reminds me, I have no idea what we will do for that time. I don’t have to go to work but we don’t have money to go anywhere far.

For those wondering, about Golden Week 2016.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2282.html

For the end of the Emperor years festivities, I was watching eight girls is wetsuits trying to climb up a slippery staircase full of slimy goo as they tried to grab an envelope full of money. While also trying to navigate while the stairs is moving, Shooting out glitter, and pink foam. And 35 other participants in the game show watching and laughing.

And this is the current “game”. Forty out of shape comedians have to beat the best runner Japan has to offer in a marathon and they had a ten minute start.

Attachments

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
KMDP KMDP
Alrighty, so I'm done with Wutai, but I'm gonna be grinding a bit in Da-Chao until I'm like, level 40. I would assume the next area I'd go to would be the Temple of the Ancients, so that should be my next area then?

Also DON CORNEO IS DEAD. ABOUT TIME.
If you've been using Aerith at all, the Temple of the Ancients is your last chance to take off her non-unique stuff (e.g. Materia), because I think she takes it with her when... you know.

I can't quite remember, but I think there's some kind of benefit to bringing Aerith along into the Temple. Or at least the last time I played the game I brought her there. It might have been something like you get the item that let's her learn her final Limit Break, Great Gospel (Great Gospel is super broken, by the way, it's a total party HP/MP restore, I think it also gives the Regen status as well), of course, getting that item is meaningless if Aerith doesn't have her other LB tiers unlocked.

When I last played the game, I had to fight the boss of the Temple with Aerith lacking Materia, which was very fun.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

april 14th-20th: a smash direct happens, detailing joker, mii costumes, and 3.0.0. the time also feels right for erdrick, but i wouldn't put money on him just yet. everything announced is scheduled for release on april 25th (april 26th, midnight, in japan).

I think that when they announce Joker's release date they'll announce Erdrick/Brave during the same direct.

To keep the hype train a'rolling.
-----------------------------------------------------
Also...

Me: "Okay, I'll need £122.97 if I want to buy CTR, SMM2 and Three Houses."
Smash: "Don't forget the Fighter Pass."
Me: "........****."

D

Deleted member

If you've been using Aerith at all, the Temple of the Ancients is your last chance to take off her non-unique stuff (e.g. Materia), because I think she takes it with her when... you know.

I can't quite remember, but I think there's some kind of benefit to bringing Aerith along into the Temple. Or at least the last time I played the game I brought her there. It might have been something like you get the item that let's her learn her final Limit Break, Great Gospel (Great Gospel is super broken, by the way, it's a total party HP/MP restore, I think it also gives the Regen status as well), of course, getting that item is meaningless if Aerith doesn't have her other LB tiers unlocked.

When I last played the game, I had to fight the boss of the Temple with Aerith lacking Materia, which was very fun.
I can't switch out any other party member with Aerith, I can only switch out whoever that isn't Cloud or Aerith. Right now for levels, the team is mainly Cloud/Aerith/Barret.

Cloud = LV38 / Aerith = LV36 / Barret = LV36

The Temple of the Ancients shouldn't be too bad, right? I already have Barret's LV3 Limit Break filled out, and then some.

D

Deleted member

We still need the real Batman in Smash.
The Batman who is Captain Falcon’s enemy.
The joke is Black Shadow

KMDP

Smash Legend
I can't switch out any other party member with Aerith, I can only switch out whoever that isn't Cloud or Aerith. Right now for levels, the team is mainly Cloud/Aerith/Barret.

Cloud = LV38 / Aerith = LV36 / Barret = LV36

The Temple of the Ancients shouldn't be too bad, right? I already have Barret's LV3 Limit Break filled out, and then some.
Just looked it up to confirm
Final Fantasy Wikia said:
The weapon and armor Aeris has equipped at the end of Temple of the Ancients visit are lost. Her Materia and accessory return to the player's inventory.
Well, I made the game harder for myself back then, didn't I?
Final Fantasy Wikia cont. said:
The last possible moment to de-equip her is actually after the boss battles, so the player can still equip her the best gear and swap them out before they are gone, however, the window of opportunity is narrow: it is possible to open the menu during the moment Cloud lunges at Aeris at the bottom of the pit.
That's... really mean, Square.

Like, really mean.

D

Deleted member

We got Robin and Joker already, so now we need...
8AA00EE1-8027-4E72-A724-F0E33F1BDD7D.jpeg

And

35F9E4CE-CE99-411A-A480-771A4A3CCA7E.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Hello from Northern Ireland! As in, the weird bit at the top of Ireland that isn't part of the Republic of Ireland, but some people say it should be, so up until about 20 years ago you couldn't walk five yards in the street without being shot, no matter which side you were on. It's kinda okay now, though. Until next week, at least.

Considering about what has been going on with Brexit and stuff, I hope you stay safe when this happens and in general.
I hope you find a name you like!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok for real Joker using his Stand to protect him as his shielding animation would be dope but hella unpractical, easiest shield poke yet
Watch Arsene to not have hurtboxes and allowing Joker to swing a Bowser sized disjoint around.

D

Deleted member

How fast will Joker’s bullets go?
As fast as Bayonetta’s? Or as fast as a Bill Bullet?

D

Deleted member

On the subject of real names, I guess I'm stuck in a sort of limbo where I feel like the name I've had since birth doesn't fit me any more on account of my clearer understanding of my gender identity (and a few other reasons I won't go into here), but I suck at names so I haven't decided on what I'd want to change it to yet.
i couldn't decide what to call my bird so i named her baby stupid

i can't even imagine naming myself

godspeed to you, moy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom