• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It must be fun having unique names. My last name is very generic and gets slightly misspelled almost all the time.
Yes, always correcting people on their pronunciation of your weird name the first time you meet them is very fun.
Screw it.

It’s Gabriel. Not Gabrielle, Gabriel.
People don't know the name "Gabriel"?

Like... the ANGEL Gabriel?

People are dumb.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yes, always correcting people on their pronunciation of your weird name the first time you meet them is very fun.

People are dumb.
Not everyone is familar with Christianity.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Not everyone is familiar with Christianity.
But it's the predominant religion of America.

I assure you that most kids have gone to Bible school at some point in their lives or has learned about the Bible at some point. That leaves little excuse for not knowing one of the freaking Archangels.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My name is Kevin but I've never really kept that a secret. Call me whatever you want. It's a free internet.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Americans, though?
But it's the predominant religion of America.

I assure you that most kids have gone to Bible school at some point in their lives or has learned about the Bible at some point. That leaves little excuse for not knowing one of the freaking Archangels.
There's still around 25% not Christian which is a lot of people given the population.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Raymond, I'm guessing?

That's also my first name, though I use a nickname.
Nice, well that's one thing we got in common. And yeah, that is my name irl. Although yeah, NSG's middle name is technically a nickname I get addressed for. Which is funny because at work, there's also this girl who also have a similar name as well. I'd imagine her is spelled by "Rae".

Whereas online everywhere else, people on discord call me Ten as a nickname.

Okay I'll go log off here for real this time.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
staindgrey staindgrey I just recently finished the underground tunnels, and am going to be heading into the labs soon. Almost done, and I have to say the game really is a great time. I didn’t play it when it first came out, but I can see what made it really stand out in the genre and really make it a classic.

Great game. But once I finish this, it’s time for Resident Evil 0!
I'm glad you like it! You probably won't like RE0 as much as REmake, but it's still worth a play through.

What's disappointing is that the static camera angles/tank controls style of survival horror is almost certainly dead. I don't think we'll ever get a game better than REmake because the horror genre has merged with shooters and first person jump scares and shows no signs of wanting to go back. While I adore modern Resident Evil, keep in mind that REmake and RE0 came out on the GameCube in 2002. They're almost old enough to vote and they're the last of their kind.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

People are dumb.
I once knew someone named Angel. Everyone misspelled his name as Angle.

Never underestimate human stupidity.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Honestly, I didnt remember Leonardo. I just thought it was the easiest way I thought without being totally obvious. I mean its better than to say that I shared my name with two characters in the Smash roster.
XD It was fun to guess! Really!

You all know my first name and last name (I don't like the idea of using an alias in my work for some reason)…but all I can say about my middle name is that is freaking long, hard to pronounce and I hate it. It aparently means "Defender of Men/Humanity", which is kind of ironic since I have lost my faith in humanity many times to the point sometimes I wish I could destroy it. :v Cough

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
There's still around 25% not Christian which is a lot of people given the population.
Okay, but Gabriel is an archangel.

He's in multiple religions, including Catholicism, Islam, and Judaism. While Islam and Judaism don't call him by the strict name "Gabriel" the name is still there.

D

Deleted member

Okay I haven't eaten much today only like one snack so I'm freakin' hungry and I don't know what to eat, Any Suggestions?

osby

Smash Obsessed
K Club represent.
Now I realized my middle name (which is the one I use) starts with M, too. It's not Biblical, though.

My first name is technically an Alaouite one, but that hardly counts, since it's as common as, say, John.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
**** I missed it. Now I need to scroll back through a bunch of pages to find everyone's names.

And I'm kind of tipsy so.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You don't necessarily need to be religious to have heard the words "the Angel Gabriel", especially in America and the UK.

I'm 99% sure Gabriel was the angel who told Mary she was pregnant with Jesus, meaning it's one of the most important names in the Bible, and is brought up whenever the Nativity comes up, which happens a lot in America.
I once knew someone named Angel. Everyone misspelled his name as Angle.

Never underestimate human stupidity.
Dyslexia strikes agian.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
**** I missed it. Now I need to scroll back through a bunch of pages to find everyone's names.

I'll save you the trip for mine.

Katherine Skyla Belladonna.

D

Deleted member

I'll save you the hassle of finding mine, It's John.

Don't call me that though cause that would be weird.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'll save you the trip for mine.

Katherine Skyla Belladonna.
You're the second person I've ever met with the name Skyla. It's a very pretty name.

D

Deleted member

*Insert totally feasible suggestion from a Yoshi* :yoshi:
Yoshi would probably eat my entire house and that's impossible by actual human standards!

So I apologize but I'll have to decline that suggestion.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If anyone was ever curious about what kind of music I consider my aesthetic, my current favorite band is Polkadot Stingray and I'm currently listening to this bop:

I mean, I listen to a wide range of music, but this song in particular has a lot of different sections that kinda power me up, so to speak.

It's late so I feel like talking about myself for a bit.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

He's in multiple religions, including Catholicism, Islam, and Judaism. While Islam and Judaism don't call him by the strict name "Gabriel" the name is still there.
Whether someone is part of a religion doesn't usually mean anything regarding how many people are aware of them. Knowledge is more due to devotion or education.

Most people I've met with a formal religious (denominations of Christianity) education struggle to name any Biblical figures beyond Jesus, Mary and God. Even fewer are actually aware of shared figures and stories between Christianity and Islam.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

It can be hard to piece it together, though. "Gavri el" and "Gabriel" resemble each other but it can be harder if you know them as "Cebrail".

Or it's just me.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay I haven't eaten much today only like one snack so I'm freakin' hungry and I don't know what to eat, Any Suggestions?
216074.jpg

Eat whatever the **** you want to buddy. So long as it's filling and keeps you full until bed.

I mean, typically when I'm hungry and it's late I eat a bowl of cereal, so that'd be my suggestion.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Whether someone is part of a religion doesn't usually mean anything regarding how many people are aware of them. Knowledge is more due to devotion or education.

Most people I've met with a formal religious (denominations of Christianity) education struggle to name any Biblical figures beyond Jesus, Mary and God. Even fewer are actually aware of shared figures and stories between Christianity and Islam.
It kinda sounds like we should all get into a conversation about memetics but nobody can ever talk about that nowadays cause the word "meme" has been so FUBAR that the concept is just lost at this point

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It kinda sounds like we should all get into a conversation about memetics but nobody can ever talk about that nowadays cause the word "meme" has been so FUBAR that the concept is just lost at this point
People can't even figure out how to pronounce the damn thing.

It's meant to sound like genes. Memetics like genetics.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Most people I've met with a formal religious education struggle to name any Biblical figures beyond Jesus, Mary and God. Even fewer are actually aware of shared figures and stories between Christianity and Islam.
Are you serious? Like Joseph, Cain and Abel, Noah, Adam and Eve, Judas?

I should think that those should be ingrained even in pop culture by that point, much less formally taught Christians.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
D

Deleted member

If anyone was ever curious about what kind of music I consider my aesthetic, my current favorite band is Polkadot Stingray and I'm currently listening to this bop:

I mean, I listen to a wide range of music, but this song in particular has a lot of different sections that kinda power me up, so to speak.

It's late so I feel like talking about myself for a bit.
My Music Choice would probably be something like this
(Specifically 3:45+) but your Music choice is pretty decent too. I like the rhythm of it it's very upbeat and the Singing is pretty decent too.
Why, thank you~
Yeah your Name is very pretty and super cool!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
People can't even figure out how to pronounce the damn thing.

It's meant to sound like genes. Memetics like genetics.
Exactly.

Like... today's memes are definitely memes but so are things like books and **** lol people don't realize

Hinata Hinata = Katherine Skyla Belladona
Listen, that's a really pretty name but also since you gave out your full name it's my turn

I have nothing to hide, yo

Kevin Lyle Prunty

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
The common abreviation for my first name is usually completely butchered by the English speaking so I'll just settle for my full first name and say you can call me Cornelis

D

Deleted member

All I'm going to give is that My Name is John and my initials are "JDS".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom