• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I don't think Ridley is as bad as Zero says he is but I also don't think he's above average. Not weighing the same as superheavies is actually a significant factor. You have this big ass hurtbox but then you don't have the weight to back it up. It means you can't be as reckless as other characters his size. The throw combos are cool and his Fsmash is safe in a lot of situations but he is one of the easiest characters in the game to combo, and unlike Bowser he isn't hard to kill.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I remember when Shokio came into the Ridley thread.

Bad times.... Bad times...

D

Deleted member

Ridley ain’t exactly the best character in the world, but he’s solidly average imo. The fact that he’s pretty light but has a huge hitbox really hurts him,.

D

Deleted member

Just a reminder I got on Grand Finals on the NZ tournament with my Ridley and I only lost 1 match out of all rounds and that was to another Ridley.
Either ya'll admit he's good or that I'm good, pick your poison.
Your opponents were bad. /s

Last edited by a moderator:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I don't think Ridley is as bad as Zero says he is but I also don't think he's above average. Not weighing the same as superheavies is actually a significant factor. You have this big *** hurtbox but then you don't have the weight to back it up. It means you can't be as reckless as other characters his size. The throw combos are cool and his Fsmash is safe in a lot of situations but he is one of the easiest characters in the game to combo, and unlike Bowser he isn't hard to kill.
I kind of agree
He's not low tier like what Zero and others have been saying. But his potential is definitely held back by his low weight. Seriously, if the next patch buffs his weight then Ridley's gold.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait a sec when did you change your name to such a falsehood
well if he's a non specific god then it's not really false because he could just be a mythological one

he could just be :ultshulk:

D

Deleted member

Kinda funny that of the 2 most requested characters in Smash, one ended up being kinda bad and the other is at best above average.
On the bright side that just weeded out all of the frauds so now only the truly dedicated remain :ultkrool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Kinda funny that of the 2 most requested characters in the game, one ended up being kinda bad and the other is at best above average.
On the bright side that just weeded out all of the frauds so now only the truly dedicated remain :ultkrool:
okay but where is amingo

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You know what collection should come to Switch?

The GameCube/Wii Resident Evil games.

But at a normal ****in price.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Kinda funny that of the 2 most requested characters in the game, one ended up being kinda bad and the other is at best above average.
Yeah I feel super bad for the K rool mains cause wow he ****ing blows

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The GameCube/Wii Resident Evil games.

But at a normal ****in price.
it's funny how square is less greedy in this situation than capcom

then again, maybe it's because RE4 doesn't have a remake like RE2 does. not that it really needs one.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I loved playing as him and probably still will but probably wouldn’t be competing with him unless I’m confident in my ability to be annoyingly contrarian when playing smash

D

Deleted member

Bruh, did you know that the 3DS version outsold the PS4 one like 3 to 1 or something? Imagine what it'll be like when it comes to Switch.

Plus, I think Nintendo's marketing team is going to do gangbusters for it in the west. A game that big on Switch is definitely going to turn some heads...
The only catch I see it is that it's one of those "Definitive Edition" games, and the only time I remember seeing a DE game on the top charts would be for the for Tales of Vesperia. The PS4 and Switch versions were on there, but IIRC the Switch version only topped the other super close.

There are exclusive things in DQXI S that do justify the release, however, like how Persona 4 Golden justifies itself. I'm holding my breath, though, since anything can happen sales wise.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh crap a popular youtuber is holding auditions for Snake Man for a lyrical adaptation of Snake Man's theme.
I like singing, although I am pretty trash at it, but I will try.

D

Deleted member

It's tough sometimes but he's not completely irredeemable. He still has some absolute monstrous normals and aerials, belly armor is gimmicky but still pretty effective, and crown and blunderbuss serve as functional projectiles for a weight class that usually doesn't have them.
You probably won't win tournaments with him but he's a perfectly serviceable character IMO as long as you're willing to live the low tier life.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
It's tough sometimes but he's not completely irredeemable. He still has some absolute monstrous normals and aerials, belly armor is gimmicky but still pretty effective, and crown and blunderbuss serve as functional projectiles for a weight class that usually doesn't have them.
You probably won't win tournaments with him but he's a perfectly serviceable character IMO as long as you're willing to live the low tier life.
His counter is awful too. Most characters that do a falling full hop aerial will still hit K rool even if he counters. It's probably the second worst counter in the game next to shulk's

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't need to win tournaments when things like this exist.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
His counter is awful too. Most characters that do a falling full hop aerial will still hit K rool even if he counters. It's probably the second worst counter in the game next to shulk's
At least Shulk's still works when hit from behind.

D

Deleted member

I frequently forget he even has a counter tbh. I think I could count the amount of times I've used it intentionally on one hand.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The only catch I see it is that it's one of those "Definitive Edition" games, and the only time I remember seeing a DE game on the top charts would be for the for Tales of Vesperia. The PS4 and Switch versions were on there, but IIRC the Switch version only topped the other super close.

There are exclusive things in DQXI S that do justify the release, however, like how Persona 4 Golden justifies itself. I'm holding my breath, though, since anything can happen sales wise.
I mean the Switch is huge in Japan and Dragon Quest is even bigger. Put two and two together and in feel like the sales are going to be ****ing huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom