• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pft, you got me. I'm still figuring it out.

The thing I know is important but I'm very bad at is the concept of pumping out content. People want to see your channel is constantly active. They want to open Youtube and have something new in their feed right away. That means that in between your more involved content-- things you're proud of but take significant effort and time-- you need to fill time with easier to create content-- like let's plays, short skits, instructional videos, etc.

I haven't gotten to that point yet because I focus on the very involved full episodes, and my brother was supposed to be doing the in-between stuff. He hasn't, and I haven't, so our channel is growing only by word of mouth and people willing to wait for episodes. Once I invest in my own recording studio, that will change. I'll be in there almost every day doing something. Even if it's not my proudest work, if people click on it, it served its purpose.
The videos I’m planning would have a doodle of my blue haired dude and several other little cartoons to help get my points across and generally make the videos funnier. But art takes time, and editing takes time, so I was thinking of just making a ton of videos and then releasing them all weekly during the summer or something.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So a tactical rpg then

Would be fun, but I would be a little uncomfortable making something of that scale specifically with smash boards users :p

Maybe an original tactical rpg with lots of cameos from you guys
From experience, cameos are best.

The General Silliness game from AiB that I mentioned earlier stalled in large part because General Silliness did. Internet communities come and go. As soon as anyone starring in the game stops coming by here, the game is outdated. Further, you have to be in the know to appreciate the game. I'd rather make something with universal appeal and brand new characters of our own creation, as opposed to making a series of inside jokes that won't age well.

My two cents.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

The General Silliness game from AiB that I mentioned earlier stalled in large part because General Silliness did. Internet communities come and go. As soon as anyone starring in the game stops coming by here, the game is outdated. Further, you have to be in the know to appreciate the game. I'd rather make something with universal appeal and brand new characters of our own creation, as opposed to making a series of inside jokes that won't age well.

My two cents.
I agree, that’s why I said what I did.

Actually, between the two of us, I’m actually a little confident we might be able to actually put something good together.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The videos I’m planning would have a doodle of my blue haired dude and several other little cartoons to help get my points across and generally make the videos funnier. But art takes time, and editing takes time, so I was thinking of just making a ton of videos and then releasing them all weekly during the summer or something.
That's what we're planning on doing.

When our roommate moves out in June (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE) we're going to set up that bedroom as a work area again and start recording ourselves playing/watching things basically every night. After we have a fair amount of content, we'll start editing them to produce videos and release them, like, semiweekly or something. Take advantage of downtime to make content for later.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

My two cents.
Assuming I won't be timeless

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m sorry, but do you know who I am?
I am flattered by the challenge, but I refuse to fight on the grounds that I’d rather you didn’t get removed from existence- wishing someone innocent to die is pretty absurd, so I don’t.
Oh puh-lease! I committed the great Crinoid innoculation, I decided the order of the suns, my fingerprints are on every bumblebee across the multiverse! My mind is fears by all the telepaths of the 96th timeline! I AM CHAOS INCARNATE.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm no expert but I'll give ya some advice. Set deadlines for yourself.
In an odd sense, it kinda pressures you to get your work done.

D

Deleted member

Stanning? What do you mean stanning?
Stanning essentially means being a die hard, almost obsessive, fan of something, comes from eminem’s song of the same name,

This is the second time I’ve explained slang to a near 30 year old here, wow.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh puh-lease! I committed the great Crinoid innoculation, I decided the order of the suns, my fingerprints are on every bumblebee across the multiverse! My mind is fears by all the telepaths of the 96th timeline! I AM CHAOS INCARNATE.
And yet, you cannot harm me...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ok then. Prove it. What have you done? Prove that I can’t just open my mind and swallow you whole.
I’m sure you realize the burden of proof is on the affirmative side. The quickest way to prove you can’t do something is for you to prove that you can.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
"Ideas guy" isn't all the negative things people attach to the role. It's actually quite necessary.

In my abridged show, I'm the ideas guy. I'm the one who outlines every episode and thinks multiple episodes ahead. I'm the one in the recording booth explaining how I'm going to construct the scene to visualize it for everyone. I'm not as good with other aspects-- my brother is much better at writing zingers and handling multiple people, my actors are better at acting, my recording guy actually knows the ins and outs of the equipment, etc.-- but to be frank, the show simply wouldn't be this show without, explicitly, me. Even if you had all the other pieces, it would be a completely different thing. Or it might not exist at all.

The thing is unless you're able to fund your own startup, you can't start as the ideas guy. You have to work your way through smaller jobs and wait for your chance to eventually lead a project of your own.
True - for me I guess it's a matter of discovering what that route in would be

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I'm not sure if I know that one
Anyway, the term refers to a deranged/obsessive fan. So someone stanning for Joker would mean they are attacking people for some slight against that character, or gatekeeping in some way. "You're not a real fan if..."

Or this one dude in the SmashBoards Discord who never shuts up about how Sakurai got stan'd by a couple Waluigi fans

So it can get pretty meta. Stans stanning against other stans

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Survival Horror that is basically an allegory for participating in popular fandoms

I can keep going all night

These aren’t written down, I’m just using the ****posting center of my brain to think for once

D

Deleted member

That's what I was told on Twitter. I don't know for sure 100% if it's really happening, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is
Honestly, dunno why people get like this. Considering the amount of characters in the game, I would find it difficult to find anyone who has played every franchise represented. Especially considering a few of the franchises represented are quite niche in general.

Plus if you're interested in the character, you might be interested in playing the games. I can guarantee you that when I first played with Ness and Cpt Falcon back on the OG Smash before even knowing their games.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I hear that people are hating on other people who want to main Joker if they've never played Persona 5. Like, should it really matter if you've played the game they're from or not? Shouldn't people be able to main who they want?
I see both points of view.

On one hand, when you are truly invested in a character, you feel a sense of attachment and camaraderie within your little community. Soon as someone who isn't a part of your group acts as excited as you are, there's a natural urge to remind them, "You don't like the character as much as I like the character."

On the other hand, is it really that hard to not be a **** on the internet? Let people like things. Be inclusive. Tell them everything awesome about the game they haven't played and maybe them maining this character will be the first step in making them a true fan of the series. Excluding them like a pack of high school girls benefits no one. Get over yourself.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I hear that people are hating on other people who want to main Joker if they've never played Persona 5. Like, should it really matter if you've played the game they're from or not? Shouldn't people be able to main who they want?
If that were the case, I'm pretty sure next to no one would be able to main retro characters or Lucas and Roy

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the rpg's enemies will be an unstoppable wave of Chinese spam bots, manifesting as actual robots mechon style

anyway I'm going back to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom