• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
SmashBoards RPG: you play as a new user, a bunch of smash boards users make appearances ranging from cameos to primary npcs

You go through lands vaguely resembling the areas representative of every franchise in smash
Hmm. That's actually a pretty neat idea.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
tfw your only talent is literally being mr. ideas guy

ideas are fine and dandy but you need to be able to express them through some kind of avenue
"Ideas guy" isn't all the negative things people attach to the role. It's actually quite necessary.

In my abridged show, I'm the ideas guy. I'm the one who outlines every episode and thinks multiple episodes ahead. I'm the one in the recording booth explaining how I'm going to construct the scene to visualize it for everyone. I'm not as good with other aspects-- my brother is much better at writing zingers and handling multiple people, my actors are better at acting, my recording guy actually knows the ins and outs of the equipment, etc.-- but to be frank, the show simply wouldn't be this show without, explicitly, me. Even if you had all the other pieces, it would be a completely different thing. Or it might not exist at all.

The thing is unless you're able to fund your own startup, you can't start as the ideas guy. You have to work your way through smaller jobs and wait for your chance to eventually lead a project of your own.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I've got a bunch of game ideas, character ideas, story ideas, and all sorts of stuff like that in my head. I'm actually pretty happy with some of them and think they could work; the problem is just getting myself to actually sit down and plot them out somewhere in writing and actually try to turn them into something playable. :p

Noipoi

Howdy!
SmashBoards RPG: you play as a new user, a bunch of smash boards users make appearances ranging from cameos to primary npcs

You go through lands vaguely resembling the areas representative of every franchise in smash
If I can’t be a main character I at least wanna be a wacky shopkeeper

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Be a director.
I assume you're using the term more generally (cos I don't really have any interest in film direction)? Tbh that sounds ideal and kind of what like I'd want to do, but I guess the issue is a matter of where to get started: a director is an authoritative position, and while I can't claim to know much about the process, I assume it involves a lot of building up experience and respect so people will trust you in such a position

I think my main issue is I'm too ambitious and unrealistic with ideas: some would require far too much time and budget to implement so are probably best kept largely as ideas

D

Deleted member

What if in an alternate universe Smash only had One Character from each of the franchises represented and none of them were the ones in the game what would that look like? I think it would be something like this
Mario Series: Toad.

DKC Series: Dixie Kong

Yoshi Series: Baby Mario & Baby Luigi.

Wario Series: Ashley.

Legend of Zelda: CDI Link Pig Ganon.

Metroid: Sylux.

Earthbound: Porky.

F-Zero: Black Shadow.

Pokemon: Pokemon Trainer (One that uses a Pokemon from any generation)/Gengar, Blaziken, Decidueye.

Kirby: Bandana Dee.

Star Fox: Slippy Toad.

Retro Rep: Takamaru/Lip/Mach Rider

Fire Emblem: Lyn or FE: Three houses rep

Kid Icarus: Hades

Metal Gear: Raiden/Big Boss

Sonic: Tails

Pikmin: Louie

Animal Crossing: Tom Nook

Mega Man: X

Wii Fit: Balance Board

Punch Out: Doc Louis

Mii: Mii Spellcaster

Pac Man: Miss Pacman

Xenoblade: Rex/Pyra/Mythra

Street Fighter: Chun-Li

Final Fantasy: Septhiroth

Bayonetta: Jeanne

Splatoon: Octolings

Castlevania: Trevor Belmont

Persona/SMT: Demi Fiend/Jack Frost

Roberk

Smash Champion
Broke: Typical RPG with a party system, limiting 95% of users involved to NPCs.

Woke: Fire Emblem GBA rom hack or something from SRPG maker that gives users more equal representation and prevalence throughout the game as playable units.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I assume you're using the term more generally (cos I don't really have any interest in film direction)? Tbh that sounds ideal and kind of what like I'd want to do, but I guess the issue is a matter of where to get started: a director is an authoritative position, and while I can't claim to know much about the process, I assume it involves a lot of building up experience and respect so people will trust you in such a position

I think my main issue is I'm too ambitious and unrealistic with ideas: some would require far too much time and budget to implement so are probably best kept largely as ideas
I meant Director in a more general sense.

Sakurai is the Director of Smash Bros.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Woke: Fire Emblem GBA rom hack or something from SRPG maker that gives users more equal representation and prevalence throughout the game as playable units.
Lord Noipoi has a nice ring to it

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I hear that people are hating on other people who want to main Joker if they've never played Persona 5. Like, should it really matter if you've played the game they're from or not? Shouldn't people be able to main who they want?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
On the topic of Youtube channels, I was starting one about voice over with one of my voice over pals named Xavier. We're basically just gonna do dubs and some gaming livestreams occasionally. We are still in the planning phases, but we should get our first video out soon, as we have a proper cast now.

Any advice for running a channel, staindgrey staindgrey ?
Pft, you got me. I'm still figuring it out.

The thing I know is important but I'm very bad at is the concept of pumping out content. People want to see your channel is constantly active. They want to open Youtube and have something new in their feed right away. That means that in between your more involved content-- things you're proud of but take significant effort and time-- you need to fill time with easier to create content-- like let's plays, short skits, instructional videos, etc.

I haven't gotten to that point yet because I focus on the very involved full episodes, and my brother was supposed to be doing the in-between stuff. He hasn't, and I haven't, so our channel is growing only by word of mouth and people willing to wait for episodes. Once I invest in my own recording studio, that will change. I'll be in there almost every day doing something. Even if it's not my proudest work, if people click on it, it served its purpose.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

So a tactical rpg then

Would be fun, but I would be a little uncomfortable making something of that scale specifically with smash boards users :p

Maybe an original tactical rpg with lots of cameos from you guys

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I hear that people are hating on other people who want to main Joker if they've never played Persona 5. Like, should it really matter if you've played the game they're from or not? Shouldn't people be able to main who they want?
Who is actually stanning for Joker?

D

Deleted member

TBH I'll probably like Joker way more when I actually play Persona 5, conveniently now going to be on the Switch.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Looks like we’re gonna have to have a god fight.
I’m sorry, but do you know who I am?
I am flattered by the challenge, but I refuse to fight on the grounds that I’d rather you didn’t get removed from existence- wishing someone innocent to die is pretty absurd, so I don’t.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Pft, you got me. I'm still figuring it out.

The thing I know is important but I'm very bad at is the concept of pumping out content. People want to see your channel is constantly active. They want to open Youtube and have something new in their feed right away. That means that in between your more involved content-- things you're proud of but take significant effort and time-- you need to fill time with easier to create content-- like let's plays, short skits, instructional videos, etc.

I haven't gotten to that point yet because I focus on the very involved full episodes, and my brother was supposed to be doing the in-between stuff. He hasn't, and I haven't, so our channel is growing only by word of mouth and people willing to wait for episodes. Once I invest in my own recording studio, that will change. I'll be in there almost every day doing something. Even if it's not my proudest work, if people click on it, it served its purpose.
Yeah. My main worry is getting views and spreading the word. When it comes to doing that I am ****. I'm more so a co-owner, so I hope our main owner knows how to do that. I'll be sure to PM you when we get our first video out, though.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I meant Director in a more general sense.

Sakurai is the Director of Smash Bros.
Yeah that's the kind of thing I'd be most interested in: I've conceptualised most of my ideas and stories as games

... Though what with the constant fan demands he gets and the absurd hours he puts in, I don't envy Sakurai in other respects T A K E A H O L I DAY M Y M A N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom