• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I hope this micro sd card is a good purchase and I end up putting more on it than just Hyrule Warriors and Cuphead

I prefer physical most of the time but I really should have checked ahead with the store to see if they still had it in stock - oh well

There's ordering it through amazon but **** waiting amirite
You'd be surprised over the convenience a micro sd card brings to console gaming. I've never bought one game physically for my Switch because it's more convenient to just not go to a Gamestop or Target.

First time for everything, perhaps? Can't entirely rule out the possibility.

The dream's pretty dead for this week, though.
Certainly possible. I just can't get my hopes up.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Absolutely. But the guys in charge of cutting costs may not see it that way. It's why I brought it up.

The question is, if I get the opportunity to buy these games again despite my perfectly good Wii U sitting right there, will I have the strength to not buy them.
I don't believe the rumor, since it's kind of coming out of nowhere. And with the Metroid Prime Trilogy rumor, too, I don't think Nintendo is going to release two super high profile ports right near each other. Another factor being that Nintendo evidently doesn't like doing ports unless they have something to add--and they already added stuff to WWHD and TPHD, so what else could they do?

But I bought Twilight Princess twice on Wii (because I lost the first copy, only to find it under a TV somehow), once on GameCube, and twice on Wii U (physical and digital).

I'm always ready for round six.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I hope this micro sd card is a good purchase and I end up putting more on it than just Hyrule Warriors and Cuphead

I prefer physical most of the time but I really should have checked ahead with the store to see if they still had HW in stock - oh well

There's ordering it through amazon but **** waiting amirite
**** Amazon too. Just saying.

Also considering we've still got at minimum three more years of Nintendo supporting the Switch, you're bound to use that SD card for other things. The eShop is booming and most modern games have some sort of DLC, even if you buy physical copies.

D

Deleted member

Wait I thought obsy was coming over to my house, when did we head over to your place? I’m a little confused.
I always have my house available for people I find cool.

Although maybe I should ask Osby about going to his house. I could bring stuff from my house.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
if any of y'all accidentally come across my Pixiv account you'll be hit with a large amount of regret
apologizing in advance just in case

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait I thought obsy was coming over to my house, when did we head over to your place? I’m a little confused.
Me too. Just roll around with it, it's free food we're talking about.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There are SO many goddamn Switch games I want but I won't buy any new games until I at LEAST beat MGSV, haven't touched the game in a month and am only at mission 7 or so but I'm dedicated all my time when I'm unemployed to beating it. Then I might get Hollow Knight!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That ****ing Joker, the movie not the DLC character, trailer hit me RIGHT in the feels man.
Never thought we'd get such a sympathetic Joker. But then again it's Joaquin Phoenix and he can make just about any movie good.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh ****, imagine is Sora came a Xehanort. Imagine how ****ing more confusing it would get
Huh,
Isn't Xion already doing that? She is a clone of Sora in a sense, and she was a Xehanort for a time....I think

osby

Smash Obsessed
if any of y'all accidentally come across my Pixiv account you'll be hit with a large amount of regret
Don't worry, I think most people who dare to go pixiv know what they are getting into.

I always have my house available for people I find cool.

Although maybe I should ask Osby about going to his house. I could bring stuff from my house.
Just saying: only come to my house if you're okay with a fat cat trying (and likely succeeding) to steal your pastries.

D

Deleted member

Don't worry, I think most people who dare to go pixiv know what they are getting into.

Just saying: only come to my house if you're okay with a fat cat trying (and likely succeeding) to steal your pastries.
I love cats, so I am sold.

D

Deleted member

Goth, I already feel a large amount of regret just looking through your post history. It can't be much worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't believe the rumor, since it's kind of coming out of nowhere. And with the Metroid Prime Trilogy rumor, too, I don't think Nintendo is going to release two super high profile ports right near each other. Another factor being that Nintendo evidently doesn't like doing ports unless they have something to add--and they already added stuff to WWHD and TPHD, so what else could they do?

But I bought Twilight Princess twice on Wii (because I lost the first copy, only to find it under a TV somehow), once on GameCube, and twice on Wii U (physical and digital).

I'm always ready for round six.

I knew I liked you.

I just can't see myself getting anything out of a Switch port unless they replaced the OST with an orchestrated score. That was literally the only complaint I had about the Wii U port. HD ratio and shortening of the opening act and the general texture upgrades were all worth the price, and my Wii U is still hooked up in my bedroom. Considering I don't use my Switch portably aside from the occasional play-from-the-bed before sleep, I can already do that with the Wii U, so what else have they got?

Windwaker, likewise, already got the HD-ifying, and the best part of it-- Miiverse integration with photo mode and bottled messages-- isn't a thing anymore. So what else can they add?

In general, though, ports fill gaps in the schedule, not add to crowded months. I can see one or both Zeldas being released, say, next February or something after the Christmas rush is gone, but I see no reason for them to come out soon when Nintendo has so much lined up for 2019.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
You'd be surprised over the convenience a micro sd card brings to console gaming. I've never bought one game physically for my Switch because it's more convenient to just not go to a Gamestop or Target.
Makes sense: I like the feeling of having physical copies, but that can have its downsides. Take my Splatoon 2 cartridge, which is deciding to repeatedly function for some reason. I'm a bit behind the game when it comes to sd cards though to be fair: I just bought my first one for the 3ds when WarioWare Gold came out last year

**** Amazon too. Just saying.

Also considering we've still got at minimum three more years of Nintendo supporting the Switch, you're bound to use that SD card for other things. The eShop is booming and most modern games have some sort of DLC, even if you buy physical copies.
True, I hadn't thought about DLC taking up space, but it does

Speaking of which, hoping we get some nice DLC announced at E3 (other than Smash). Last year seemed like the year for good DLC on the Switch, even if it was relatively quiet otherwise.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wait, he's just gonna, like, show up at your house? How?

And could he come to mine? ;p
I mean I believe he could do it with me giving him no information.

Probably if you ask nicely.

I’ll bring over a lasagna to keep him distracted.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
True, I hadn't thought about DLC taking up space, but it does

Speaking of which, hoping we get some nice DLC announced at E3 (other than Smash). Last year seemed like the year for good DLC on the Switch, even if it was relatively quiet otherwise.
I'm still holding out for FE:Warriors DLC to add Ike & Co. and more **** to do, since the gap between Hyrule Warriors and its huge DLC upgrades was like two years.

I know it won't happen but c'mon. I want it.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Dr. Mario is insanely fun.
I Love that down air of his, hearing the spike is music to my ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom