• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Best Buy? More like Best Leaks :dkmelee: (bet you haven’t already heard that one)

But seriously I’m pretty hyped for Persona 5 on Switch, I was tempted to grab it on PS4 but I’ll spend the extra dough for our boys at Nintendo

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So it's a Slice of Life/Idol/Supernatural show? Well this is gonna be new to me as I've never watched an Idol anime before and I haven't watched an SoL in a long time.
In a nutshell, yeah. Like I said, it's hard to slap a single genre label on this show. You'll see as you watch.

D

Deleted member

For those of you who made a special point to add me to your lists, thanks.

I just want to let you guys know that despite a few hiccups now and again, you guys are a spectacular group of people. It has been a privilege to get to know and interact with all of you.

This site stays alive because of your patronage and I count myself lucky to be considered a friend to even one of you.

In short, thanks for being who you are.
You are welcome, keep up the good work!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Actually, hold on a sec. What about Persona 5 The Royal, then?

If Persona 5 Switch is gonna be just the base game for $59.99 and that's it when The Royal is, to what a few people have pointed out, going to be the "Persona 4 Golden" of P5 (which IIRC, P4G is considered the "Definitive Version/Sequel" of P4), then what really is there to gain?

This is starting to feel like Dragon Quest XI S all over again. I really hope I'm wrong on this one.
Well, from what I heard Persona 5 Switch is Persona 5 The Royal but with added Switch functionality. This was assuming Persona 5 Switch existed which, look, it does!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I like how the black one is all posh and the white one acts gangsta.

Props to Mlaatr for subverting stereotypes.
Truly. They did a great job on that front. The characters compeltely averted those stereotypes and turned out pretty unique as well.

...Both of them are still assholes since that's the point of their characters, though, lol. At least, they were most of the time, if my memory's not failing me. The only time I remember them not being jerks is after Jenny first met them. Things just went seriously south for them in the episode's ending and thus they regained their grudge against her instantly.

God, I forgot how much I loved that show until you reminded me just now.
ONE OF US

ONE OF US!

Noipoi

Howdy!
If Persona 5 Switch is without Jane, so be it. At least I’ll get to play it in the first place.

But for the love of God CAN SHE BE IN THE SWITCH VERSION?

D

Deleted member

So it's a Slice of Life/Idol/Supernatural show? Well this is gonna be new to me as I've never watched an Idol anime before and I haven't watched an SoL in a long time.
Not a bad starting point, it's kind of an Idol anime for people who aren't normally into Idol animes, speaking as someone like that myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh btw, in Crafted World, eating a Fat Shy Guy doesn't turn them into Giant eggs, but SIX SEPARATE NORMAL EGGS!!! Terrifying...

Imagine that being implemented in Smash against Bowser, King Dedede, etc. :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

I kind of wonder what will the potential P5 Switch version is:
A) is it the vanilla one
B) is it vanilla + royal
C) is it something completely new and possibly different
You know, that's a good question. Is this just going to be just Persona 5 for the Switch or will we get the Royal edition? I think it would be unfortunate to get the better version of the game exclusive to one console, but maybe I shouldn't complain when I'm about to get Dragon Quest 11 S.

All I know is Persona 5 is coming to Switch and I'm ****ing excited. I come home from studying for a Statics exam, feeling miserable, and then I see this?

This is what I see?

I'll take whatever as long as it's Persona 5.

D

Deleted member

Actually, hold on a sec. What about Persona 5 The Royal, then?

If Persona 5 Switch is gonna be just the base game for $59.99 and that's it when The Royal is, to what a few people have pointed out, going to be the "Persona 4 Golden" of P5 (which IIRC, P4G is considered the "Definitive Version/Sequel" of P4), then what really is there to gain?

This is starting to feel like Dragon Quest XI S all over again. I really hope I'm wrong on this one.
Is there any info yet regarding if The Royal is a standalone game yet? It could very well be a repackaged version with an expansion.

D

Deleted member

BestBuy gets confronted by Nintendo and Atlus ( 2019, Colorized )
spongebob.jpg

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If Persona 5 Switch is without Jane, so be it. At least I’ll get to play it in the first place.

She could.
Unlike the PSP being too weak to handle a full fledged PS2 game, P5 also works fine on the PS3, which the Switch currently exceeds in power.

On the other hand though, Atlus might be total ***** and make exclusive content on each side to boost sales similarly (uninentionally?) to P3P and P3FES. But that's a worst-case scenario so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well, it's kinda hard to explain. It advertises itself as an idol anime, but it's also a parody of the idol genre, but also plays it straight whenever the main group performs on stage.
Meh.

Mostly, it's a slice-of-life sort of thing, just going through the day-to-day lives of an idol group while they aren't performing.
Meh.

And this time, all the idols just so happen to also be zombies.
Okay I might watch an episode.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Oh btw, in Crafted World, eating a Fat Shy Guy doesn't turn them into Giant eggs, but SIX SEPARATE NORMAL EGGS!!! Terrifying...

Imagine that being implemented in Smash against Bowser, King Dedede, etc. :yoshi:
If I had to assume, Yoshi needs to parse larger enemies in parts. Otherwise, laying them out in one egg is way more terrifying on its own if you think about it...

D

Deleted member

I know right? **** Jane. We got Persona 5 Switch instead and that's way better.

Shroob

Sup?
Seriously though, what's up with BestBuy's leak donger in regards to Persona?

Twice in a week is a hard thing to call a coincidence.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
With this sudden talk of the show, I'm in the MLAATR mood again.

The XJ-9 avatar's making a comeback.

Here's hoping she survives my next round of Hunger Games, too. She'll definitely be apart of my district, once again.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm down for it.

Assuming you're one of those people in regards to compliments, I think you're deserving of merit. Consider this however: Some of us stuck with the bare minimum and mentioned like 3-6 people at most. I had plenty more I could have mentioned, but there was simply too much to write about.

There's nothing to fess up to. You'll get it as soon as it's done. It's just that I posted it way too early by accident >.>;;
Okay! Here it is!

Elise (Fire Emblem Fates)

Stats
Weight (Horse): Heavy/Super Heavy
(Without Horse): Light

Speed (Horse): A bit-above average
(W/O Horse) Closer to Ganondorf
Crawl: No
Wall Jump: No
Jumps: 2 in each stance
Falling Speed: Average with Horse
(W/O Horse) Floaty

Pros:
+Attacks cover a lot of radius
+Can throw out a lot of those attacks
+Heavy-Weight
+Really Good recovery
+Can support herself, and her team
+Moves that can set back into neutral

Cons:
-Huge hurtbox
-Attacks not too strong
-Can be knocked out of Horse (Which gives her bad disadvantage state, as well as slower speed)
-Recovery can be exposed if taken long enough

Playstyle (Not Final): Elise focuses on a hybrid between Hit-And-Run, Support and Crowd Control. A bit reminiscent of how Healer Mounts work in FE. Going back, and forth between spaces to create distance, and heal their units.

Mechanics: Lily’s Poise: Any teammate that is around her AOE (Area of effect) will have their damage, and defense increased. However Elise herself will not get any of these buffs.

She also has a similar mechanic to Bowser Jr’s clown car, where she takes less damage if her horse is hit, but will deal about the same damage if struck on herself.

She also gets knocked out of her horse, but only if her body gets struck by a strong enough attack. This stance will increase her speed of when she turns around from dashing, as well as have a smaller hurtbox.

Normals:
Jab: Two magic circle swipes in front from her palm. Acts as a semi-get-off-me tool that puts the opponent in fly to medium range, and causes a knockdown.

Side Tilt; Moonlight (Arcfire): Similar to Robin’s, Elise would created a whirling fireball that shoots down into the ground, and creates a mini fire pillar, however the big difference is that the whirling part before he shoots it has a lingering hitbox on top of her. As well as the fire pillar itself covering a lot more ground than the other pillars (At the cost of lower hitstun, so think like Piranha’s side B but not as damaging)

Down TIlt; Moonlight: Elise points down to the ground, which causes multiple circular bolts to shoot and fly upwards from the floor, this move has a fixed range so it acts at a anti-air zoning hybrid tool, since some of the bolts will track to the opponent if it’s in it’s range. (Based on the 3rd attack of the magic mount unit combo from Warriors)

Up Tilt: Summons an Electric Barrier that covers her. Deals vertical knockback at the top of the barrier, while the sides would deal horizontal knockback. Also blocks projectiles.

Dash Attack: Twirls his horse forward while two circular magic bolts swirl around her. Acts specifically like Wolf’s dash attack in terms of knockback.

Forward Smash: Elise twirls her horse around before unleashing a short Light beam from her palm. She can control her horse while charging this attack to left, and right.

Down Smash: Summons shadowy thorns from the floor and rotate around her, does multiple hits and ends with a the enemy tripping instead of knockback.

Up Smash: Flashes upwards with her Freeze staff that stuns the opponent in place, lasts for 1 second, but cannot hit horizontally.

Down Air: Similar to Mr.G&W’s new Forward Air, Elise drops a small Light (Element) teardrop that goes far down. Deals average knockback, and can spike at later frames.

Up Air: Throws out a Wind rocket that acts similar to Isabelles mine. Has a tiny windbox around the sides, and has below average knockback, allowing for juggles.

Forward Air: Shoots out a bunch of fireballs in a Shotgun fashion, with the final hit doing knock back.

Neutral Air: Makes a "Strong Girl" posture with a cute "Serious" face, it's tension is strong enough to cause some good knockback. Although it is short ranged.

Back Air: Does a short arc leap that will cause a good amount of knockback to anyone that gets hit by it

Specials:
Neutral: Cloud Frenzy:
Elise summons a circle-shaped cloud that shoots out two short ranged beams, which circle around the cloud. The move doesn’t have great range, but acts as an annoying projectile.

Side: Red-Hot Ducks
Throws out a Red Rubber Ducky that can be picked up by anyone, and acts like a Franklin Badge. The opponent will have their weight/speed debuffed for 6 seconds if they attack anyone who is holding the ducky. Can be thrown at any angle, and Elise’s throw speed will increase if you hold the button longer. Projectiles won't activate the effect, and she can wear it herself at the cost of more start up.

Up: Warp Staff
Works similar to other teleport specials, with the major difference being that she can reach farther if she holds the special longer (Similar to Black Mages Up-B from Smash Flash 2)

Down: Live to Serve
Elise uses her healing staff to cause a split-second AOE that can heal her teammates for up to 10 seconds, her partners would get 0.9% for every 1 second while she herself gets 0.5% for every second (0.7% in 1v1). This move cannot stack.

Grabs
Elise, uses her Freeze staff to put the opponent in place, works similar to a tether grab.

Forward: Gently pokes her opponents forhead, which sends them flying straight forward.
Back: Whacks them with her healing staff, Homerun style.
Down: Her horse stomps with the opponent with both of it's front legs.
Up: Horse uses the back of it's head to launch the opponent upwards

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm telling you all this is Intern-kun's work!

They want to get the fans excited before the Direct this week so they've been leaking hype-inducing Switch information.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dear Best Boi

If you leak The Jane™

I'll burn my current savings to renew my visa and go to buy random **** at your stores.

D

Deleted member

Well, from what I heard Persona 5 Switch is Persona 5 The Royal but with added Switch functionality. This was assuming Persona 5 Switch existed which, look, it does!
See, I hope that's the case. I know almost unanimously people think Persona 5 The Royal is a PS4 exclusive, which I'm almost willing to bet on, too... BUT!

We have to remember the time Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled was revealed. Back at the VGAs last year, they showed a PS logo first, just like the P5R reveal, but later on Twitter, they revealed it to actually be a multi-platform coming to PS4/Xbone/Switch.

And from the whole Smash Ultimate datamining with Jane, tracing back to the most recent P5R trailer and combine that with how ****ing bonkers the Switch is doing right now, getting games like Hellblade, Wolfenstein, games you thought were Sony-exclusive now all coming to the Switch, it'd be almost shooting yourself in the foot if they just released it as the base game only. It'd be so awkward that Jane is there in Smash, yet she won't be coming in the Switch version, if this ends up being the case.

Like, this is almost starting to get to ****ing Catherine: Full Body levels of "how can we gangbang your brain today, good sir?" Is ****ing Pepe Silvia behind this, cause I SWEAR THIS FEELS LIKE IT, PONY. WHAT ARE THE NUMBERS, PONY, WHAT ARE THEY.

oh goD OH GOD.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Someone at BestBuy has a bone to pick with Atlus.

...wait a minute....

Idon Idon where do you work?
hahahaha
you've figured me out.

But guess what, brat? I'm the manager of the store, so I'm invincible, and have an army of interns to take the fall from me. You go after me, and they'll all suffer for it
You won't ever get me, kid; not in this lifetime.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I tried King K. Rool for a little bit as I got random, and...
He just does not feel fun for some reason. I know a lot of people like him a lot, but his move-set does not click with me at all. Every single move but maybe nair is so slow, that everytime you press a button, you are vulnerable to attack.

KMDP

Smash Legend
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms , the cat has left.

My district should contain me (obviously).

And these three lovely ladies.

So...

KMDP, Tifa Lockhart, Charlotte and Momo Yaoyorozu.

KMDP and the Waifus.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Y'all ever just think about MKLeo?

that mf is 18 years old and went home with $16,000 at summit a few weeks ago.

Most of us haven't even seen that much money

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom