• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

'Sup nerds, I'm Mr. Mario.

I'm here to show you the definitive Top 10 Zelda Games:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass:

The innovation with this game is astounding. They removed many tedious and annoying things that had previously plagued the Zelda formula, like well designed controls and good pacing. The repetitive nature of the Ocean Palace is fantastic and feels fun every time. However, I do not like Link's face, it is too cartoony and kiddy and isn't hardcore enough for an E P I C G A M E R like myself, which unfortunately leaves me with no choice but to put it this low.

2. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe:

This game was an experimental handheld title, and it shows: None of the classic Zelda formula is present at all. Instead, Link is now on a horse bike and is racing against Ganondorf (who is now reincarnated into a turtle thing instead of a pig, for some reason) to gather up all the pieces of the Triforce before he can. While the game controls very well, it is unfortunately held back by the most annoying Zelda character to ever exist: Luigi. Luigi keeps hitting me with turtle shells and then looks at me with disgust. It's like the game is mocking me. I do not like it.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons:

Din is hot.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword:

This was a very unique Zelda. It was a crossover with Wii Fit and was designed to help you work out while you play by including very intuitive and unintrusive motion controls. It featured very engaging forms of play, such as waggling the remote, waggling the remote, waggling the remote, and my personal favorite, trying to not throw your remote at the TV as the game makes you fight the Imprisoned for the 50th time.

5. Blossom Tales DX:

Finally, a game where you play as Zelda herself! It is also very notable as being the first Zelda game made by an indie developer and the first Zelda to be released on a non-Nintendo platform. It also introduced a completely new formula to the franchise with a top-down view and linear progression system that takes you from dungeon to dungeon. It was a very important game for the franchise back when it released on the Ouya in 1935.

6. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess:

Twilight Princess is honestly just an amazing game. Good characters, fantastic dungeons, great controls, great combat, amazing pacing and a soundtrack that I listen to frequently when I just want to relax. It's honestly the OoT formula perfected, and if it weren't for games like Majora's Mask, I'd dare say it's pretty much the perfect Zelda. The game's biggest new mechanic with Wolf Link was also extremely cool, and offered a nice mix-up to the typical Zelda progression. While I know the opening of the game is often criticized, I personally really like it: It sets the tone of the game very well and helps you get invested in the world. It helps make Link look like a real person with goals and motives as well. The only real negatives I can think to list about this game is the underwhelming characterization of Zelda herself and the unfortunately empty overworlds.

7. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link:

Gosh, man, where do I even begin with this one? Zelda II is a classic: 2D platforming was what Zelda was always known for, and it was great to see Nintendo finally listen and go back to what made Zelda Zelda after the abomination that was Breath of the Wild back in 2006 on the Xbox 360. Unfortunately, for a Switch game released in 2017, it does look a bit dated, which is probably the only reason I'm not putting this one at number one. It does make up for it a bit with killer writing and incredibly engaging characters like Bagu, though.

8. The Legend of Zelda: The Faces of Evil:

The game that started it all on the legendary Philips CDI. This game helped set the standard for what every game should be, and single handedly saved the video game market after it crashed back in the day. Artwork that will make your jaw drop, amazing and extremely moving fully voiced dialogue, and lovable characters that stand the test of time. I still get choked up whenever I think about King Harkinian asking what's for dinner. The gameplay is also extremely satisfying, with Link being able to do very cool things such as walk, duck, and my personal favorite, duck walk. This game is worth every single ruby.

9. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Crossbow Training:

Everyone was surprised when Nintendo took the world by storm with this popular battle royale shooter. The decision to give Link a gun that also doubled as a crossbow was daring, but in the end paid off, as this game is delightfully competitive with it's online community fighting for the victory royale day in and day out. You know what they say: Eat, sleep, Link's Crossbow Training, repeat! I also can't get enough of this loot box system: It makes me feel very rewarded and filled with a sense of accomplishment. For only $500, I got my Link a tutu and a dab emote! If that isn't an E P I C G A M E R moment unlike any other, I don't know what is.

10. Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land:

Ohhhhh man. OOOOOOOH MY GOSH. THIS. GAME. This game! I can't comprehend how Nintendo was able to make something so impactful and meaningful! THIS GAME IS ART ON THE HIGHEST LEVEL. I weep into my pillow every night as I realize I will never be able to experience it for the first time ever again. You play as the franchise's best and undeniably sexiest character, Tingle, on his mission to gather enough rupees (they changed the name from "ruby" to "rupee", for some reason) to enter the legendary "Rupee Land". The gameplay is like nothing I've ever played before, with mechanics so deep that a huge competitive community has formed around it. People around the world gather to watch the top Rupee Land players race to the end of the game and to see high level tech like Tingledashing and MultiTingle. This game changed my life, and I view it as an irreplaceable work of art that will forever stand as a beacon of culture and love.

Be sure to like, comment, and subscribe! And tune in later today on my Twitch to watch me play Apex Legends with Ninja!

D

Deleted member

I don't think math works like that.
there were 16 in WoL already
that's plant + 3 passes
then there's 15 more outside of WoL which makes 6
Harriet Tubman ran the underground railroad to help slaves escape the tyranny of the south. If anyone deserves to be in Smash it's her. Good taste
i meant hariet the female broodal

Pakky

Smash Hero
Harriet Tubman ran the underground railroad to help slaves escape the tyranny of the south. If anyone deserves to be in Smash it's her. Good taste
Fredrick Douglas is her echo fighter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The April Fools joke from my computer mouse is not working.

Thanks mouse.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Y’all are crazy expecting 6 fighter passes

We’re going to be getting at least 15 waves and you’re just going to have to deal with it

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I have an important message for you all:

If you read this you are a
good person

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

I have no shame you have all the shame.

D

Deleted member

I have no shame you have all the shame.
I'm starting to think about alternatives other than the popular one.

I am not uneducated but I am starting to wonder why if we created SmashBoards in 2000. Why with all the advances hasn't there been a way to delete another user's account?

I'm not trying to Flame Bait or whatever no one on here means that much to me (sorry)

That's an actual question.

D

Deleted member

Anything interesting happening on the internet?
Nintendo has announced Joker will be releasing in muli-part updates.

Today we get Joker's back, as was previously shown in the February Direct. The next update will feature his hair.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Nintendo has announced Joker will be releasing in muli-part updates.

Today we get Joker's back, as was previously shown in the February Direct. The next update will feature his hair.
for some reason, his hair is red with a long ponytail

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I changed the text color back to normal (and edited the previous post to keep the color).
While going in the account settings, I noticed something awesome:

Reggie.png

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm starting to think about alternatives other than the popular one.

I am not uneducated but I am starting to wonder why if we created SmashBoards in 2000. Why with all the advances hasn't there been a way to delete another user's account?

I'm not trying to Flame Bait or whatever no one on here means that much to me (sorry)

That's an actual question.

Forum costs are too high to make any advances.

D

Deleted member

Dear Smashboards,

I have some unfortunate news to bring to you all today.
It has been found out by our investigatiors over at Wikipedia that Reggie was a minority this whole time.
Capture.PNG

In light of this recent discovery, I am going to have to revoke his Gamer™ Pass.
We are sorry to all Reggie has affected throughout his days as a Gamer™. Anyone who has spoken to him is entitled to financial compensation.

All the best,
Gang Weed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom