• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah that's my thought process. We invited them over because they're our friends and we like them. Not because of a day. If anything I think that's better?

I'll just say "Happy Trans, uh, visibility day, or something." And then they'll laugh at me and educate me as they usually do.
For real, you don't need a day as an excuse to let them know they're appreciated, you should be doing that anyway.
View attachment 203100

It shouldn’t have taken me this long to post this, I blame my WiFi.
Where does cheesecake AKA the objectively best desert fall into this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yo are trans people getting free stuff from staind now

Staind can I have something? It’s pretty hard for people to get me, so I understand if not:

a compliment

D

Deleted member

so if we do get a direct this week, what day do you think we'll get it?

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
We interrupt your schedule ****posting for "Shishœ watches Hunter x Hunter with her brother":
-Honestly feels like the Chimera Ant arc has been going on for 8 years and I dunno why
-We really had 10+ episodes to "Meruem plays eastern chess", huh?
-Neferpitou is an NB icon but also **** them
-**** Shaia Le Pouf
-Youpi exists I guess
-There's not a single supporting character I don't like tbh, I love all these idiots
-Morel is easily my favorite though
-Holy **** the Netero vs Meruem fight
-HOLY **** THE NETERO VS MERUEM FIGHT
Just in time 'cause I finished the Chimera Ant arc last night :D

One of the parts I've enjoyed about this art in particular are the growths regrading Gon and Meruem in particular.

In Meruem's debut, he's a ruthless and sociopath who initially views all life as being lower than him, including his Royal Guards. Interacting with them and Komugi however, starts to humanize Meruem more. One part of him that stand out to me for example in particular is how he originally thought raw strength would triumph. But as he begins to play more and more Gungi, he begins to realize mental strength is just as important, biting his arm as a sign of apology for using a dirty tactic. One night Mereum even goes as far to discuss with his Royal Guards that he regretted killing a young child because he believed he ruined that child's potential. Meruem begins to gradually develop respect for the humans through rescuing Komugi contrast to originally killing her and during his fight against Netero.

Meruem becomes more honorable during his character development. He still intends on taking over the world but is also willing to spare humans in his gained respect for them. Even at the fight against him and Netero, Meruem still insists they rationalize a conversation instead of fighting because he was against starting a conflict initially. After being rescued from the explosion by his Royal Guards and meeting with Palm to find Komugi, Meruem even humbly states at one point that he wasn't "worthy of his Royal Guard's respect" and even tried kneeling down to Palm in order to ensure no signs of hostility. Komugi played an significant part in Meruem's growth and development throughout the Chimera Ant Arc. Even in the very final episodes, Meruem wanted to be with Komugi for his last few hours, enjoying a few fun rounds of Gungi. I found it to be a tragic and touching end. Meurem was a very well written villain with very good character development as a whole.

Gon on the other hand, oh boy where do I begin. The Chimera Ant arc as a whole ****** him up extremely hard. A huge difference as to his usual happy, positive to go self to the **** this arc turns him into. That even scared me a fair bit. When both Gon and Killua witnessed Kite's arm being clawed off by Pitou, Gon goes into a fury of rage but is stopped by Killua and they retreated. Gon comes back with a calm, relaxed and optimistic head that Kite will be okay but when infiltrating the castle and finding Komugi and Pitou, is when he gets extremely pissed. Pissed off enough to call Pitou out in giving compassion to Komugi when Pitou just ******* clawed off Kite's arm and even considered holding Komugi as a hostage or murdering her off any given chance Pitou wasted any more time. Even Killua had to step in and calm Gon down in waiting for Pitou to heal Komugi. Pitou eventually gives in to Gon's deal and they both go off to find where Kite is. However it was too late and after Pitou telling Gon he had to be killed, came through Gon's ******* transformation. Good god have ******* mercy as Gon beats the living **** out of Pitou, only to be stopped by Killua in the end.

That was one of the most awesome **** **** I witnessed alongside the 1v1 between Netero and Meruem. But pretty also damn scary given the state Gon is in at that point. After all of this, and he's in a hospital, healing from his coma. Man Gon went through a god damn lot in this arc as a whole.

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku

Also I just wanted to say that out of all the P5 Jane avatars I've seen in this thread, yours is probably my favorite! It's just so damn wholesome.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Staind can I have something? It’s pretty hard for people to get me, so I understand if not:

a compliment
You are one of my favorite posters here and I admire your courage to take the next step with your girlfriend and propose.

Also I had no idea you were transgender. I support you.

D

Deleted member

a compliment
i'll give you a compliment when you get me some milk

nah fr though you're like one of my favorite posters here and also you're valid

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You are one of my favorite posters here and I admire your courage to take the next step with your girlfriend and propose.

Also I had no idea you were transgender. I support you.
Oh

Oh man I wasn’t expecting that

Oh thanks so much, that means a lot, Staind.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Do non-binary people get counted as trans? I've never really had any particular sense of gender about myself, so I never really considered myself as trans because it kinda feels like, I'm transitioning from and to... what, exactly? But obviously I don't count as cis, either. So I guess I'm stuck in the middle between the two, which is... just about right, I guess. :p

D

Deleted member

a compliment
You're a funny lad, but you're surprisingly intelligent and thoughtful too. Overall, ya a cool bloke in my book.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Do non-binary people get counted as trans? I've never really had any particular sense of gender about myself, so I never really considered myself as trans because it kinda feels like, I'm transitioning from and to... what, exactly? But obviously I don't count as cis, either. So I guess I'm stuck in the middle between the two, which is... just about right, I guess. :p
the white section of the trans flag is supposed to represent enby people so yes you count and are valid, unlike your taste in video games

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly I have no idea. I have two nonbinary friends and I honestly don't... get it, and I never know how to apply things I know about the rest of the LGBT community to them. All I do is acknowledge them as human beings and try to, I dunno, not talk about gender in any way when around them because I'm afraid I'll **** up. They're my friends and I support them. I just don't understand what I'm supporting, exactly.

Doesn't help that one of them is the jump-down-your-throat-at-the-slightest-misconception Portland type.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i'll give you a compliment when you get me some milk

nah fr though you're like one of my favorite posters here and also you're valid
Aw... this is where I would give you the milk I bought

IF I HAD SOME :c

I’m non-binary. Or rather it’s hard for me to label and explain properly, but I’m typically agender but I flow between male and female sometimes. Recently I’ve just kinda had fun deciding to be female some days and feeling immediately pretty cause of it :p

As far as I’m aware “trans” just means identifying as something other than your assigned gender
You're a funny lad, but you're surprisingly intelligent and thoughtful too. Overall, ya a cool bloke in my book.
Thanks man, I appreciate that

D

Deleted member

despite me loving him i haven't played too much shulk in ultimate lol

idk i've just fallen in love with wolf recently. he's like my favorite character to play as now

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Thursday 2 PM PST.

Purely because that is the one time where I will not be free and because life hates me.
Pretty much the same here. Besides being a middle of the day (I work 3rd shift), I have a job interview the hour before and have to stay up.

I really hope Tuesday/Wednesday or at the very least Thursday morning; or better yet push it to the week after during my 9 day paid vacation. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom