• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just wanted to know the origin of your username, I didn't think this would get so deep. You want to talk, buddy?
I’m as alright as I can be right now. I’ve put off a few weeks of homework, my new job isn’t playing out like I thought, and although I’ve come up with several ideas on how I can round out my income, I’m having a hard time bringing myself to do any of it.

As for my name, I usually give this straightforward answer: my late dog’s name was toast, and I had very high grades for someone who tried to avoid going to school a lot.

It goes a bit further- my username is actually a shortened form of “IEatToasterBrains”. A relic of this exists as my steam URL (“TastesLikeSI”)

Previous/ alternate usernames I’ve used in the past are: Linkboy (when I was very young), Noroichi, SpadesSlickster (shut up), and NinjaAlpaca.

D

Deleted member

I just recently discovered that Hawkeye's theme from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is like, the most baller thing ever, and I have to ask

Why did the worst Avenger get the best theme song?

(Hawkeye is the new Guile - his theme goes with everything.)

I always liked Super Skrull's theme myself

D

Deleted member

I feel like you can treat most cereals with milk as a dessert soup... considering how saccharine cereal can be, and how the creaminess of milk tends to add to it feeling more like a dessert.

Not that it’s a broth- a broth is made from simmering things like meat, bones, or veggies in. Also, when it comes to it being a sauce, I feel like the difference between a sauce and a soup is how much of it there is in a dish. A sauce is a topping but a soup is a medium by which toppings are presented, regardless of whether or not the soup was added after everything else.

As far as the beverage question goes, I think that’s a matter of personal perspective.
When you have a bowl of ramen, and you eat all the noodles and extras added into it, does the remaining ramen broth become a beverage?
Good points on the topic of it being a sauce or broth, and I guess cereal and milk makes sense as a soup, but I bring up the beverage point specifically because one of milk's main uses is to be drunk as is, or used as a base for other drinks. Sure, you can drink the broth used in a soup once you're done with the rest, but you're probably not going to drink a straight-up glass of chicken broth like you would with milk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’ll still be answering y’alls questions all day as work is a little boring at the moment, and I’m here till 9pm.

If not immediately obvious, I’m going to give serious answers to most questions.

KMDP

Smash Legend
What's up, my beautiful chicken McNuggets in the Happy Meal that is life?

Any news on Banjo?
What's up is I posted a picture of Ann that you should check out.

As far as I know, there's been no news on Banji.
C; Anytime!

Hm, do you have a suggestion of something I should doodle like I did with Silver and Tails? I am still waiting for my laptop so...I have nothing else to do. :/
Hmmm...

:idea:

Draw a Human Ridley.
@「Hinata」
Your birthday is four days away from Christmas, and that must be rough.
Mine is two days after Christmas.

D

Deleted member

I’ll still be answering y’alls questions all day as work is a little boring at the moment, and I’m here till 9pm.

If not immediately obvious, I’m going to give serious answers to most questions.
If you had to choose between the Inhumans or the Fantastic Four, which team would you pick?

D

Deleted member

I’m as alright as I can be right now. I’ve put off a few weeks of homework, my new job isn’t playing out like I thought, and although I’ve come up with several ideas on how I can round out my income, I’m having a hard time bringing myself to do any of it.

As for my name, I usually give this straightforward answer: my late dog’s name was toast, and I had very high grades for someone who tried to avoid going to school a lot.

It goes a bit further- my username is actually a shortened form of “IEatToasterBrains”. A relic of this exists as my steam URL (“TastesLikeSI”)

Previous/ alternate usernames I’ve used in the past are: Linkboy (when I was very young), Noroichi, SpadesSlickster (shut up), and NinjaAlpaca.
I hope things get better for you soon, I know how hard it can be to deal with procrastination. And if you ever need to talk, you can hit me a PM.

D

Deleted member

Is Marvel vs Capcom dead, because of MvCI being a let down according to a lot of people?

D

Deleted member

So how are you enjoying your new job? You mentioned that it wasn't like what you expected.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Good points on the topic of it being a sauce or broth, and I guess cereal and milk makes sense as a soup, but I bring up the beverage point specifically because one of milk's main uses is to be drunk as is, or used as a base for other drinks. Sure, you can drink the broth used in a soup once you're done with the rest, but you're probably not going to drink a straight-up glass of chicken broth like you would with milk.
Fair enough.
I mean, I’m sure some people drink chicken broth, especially well made. Soups are nice to drink and are typically most of the flavor in the dish anyway, I think.

But you’re right that milk is a “normal” beverage- so I guess the real question would be if it changes when being used as an ingredient mostly unchanged, or if it’s a beverage the whole time

D

Deleted member

In terms of recovery, Shulk's up b was nerfed. In kill power, it was buffed.
Buff or nerf overall?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
These two words must not exist in the same post.
Sorry, it's just... compared to the other Avengers, he's pretty bland. But you're right... Vision is the worst.

I always liked Super Skrull's theme myself
Oh yeah, Super Skrull's is nice. But may I counter with

Nova.

Oh, and Ghost Rider too.

Side note; Ghost Rider is my favorite superhero. My local comic con got to have him as a guest before he died. I'm so happy I got to meet him.

Noipoi

Howdy!

What's your girlfriend like?

If you don't want to answer that's fine. But you seem really happy with her and I think that's great for you.

D

Deleted member

Sorry, it's just... compared to the other Avengers, he's pretty bland. But you're right... Vision is the worst.

Oh yeah, Super Skrull's is nice. But may I counter with

Nova.

Oh, and Ghost Rider too.

Side note; Ghost Rider is my favorite superhero. My local comic con got to have him as a guest before he died. I'm so happy I got to meet him.
Seeing Ghost Rider in the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be cool!
Ghost Rider's design is so bizarre, I love it.
I am not a comic guy, so I do not understand much about Ghost Rider. Cosplaying as Ghost Rider would look fantastic, though!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If you had to choose between the Inhumans or the Fantastic Four, which team would you pick?
I’m not particularly well informed on either.
I guess that the best answer I can give you is the Fantastic Four, but only because I knew about them before you asked.
I hope things get better for you soon, I know how hard it can be to deal with procrastination. And if you ever need to talk, you can hit me a PM.
I appreciate it. Thank you.

So how are you enjoying your new job? You mentioned that it wasn't like what you expected.
I like the ideas, I like the mission, I like the values. But, it being a start-up, it’s rough. We have had very little class registrations, which ended up in me having virtually no hours until I had to ask to do receptionist work in the meantime

I found out I’m a decent salesman when I like something, but that doesn’t mean people will make a commitment on the spot.

I’d like to run my own business one day, if even just to see if my ideas would work or if I’ve just been full of hot air this whole time

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
What's up is I posted a picture of Ann that you should check out.

As far as I know, there's been no news on Banji.

Hmmm...

:idea:

Draw a Human Ridley.

Mine is two days after Christmas.
XD I swear I have tried before! Even though I love the original infinitely! I even searched the few times Rids has been drawn as a human (Not counting the cursed Ridleyette Bull**** or the first cursed human female Meta Ridley)...and the only ones I saw lost what made Ridley be recognizable, completely. And I fear it might not work. = u = I enjoy putting him in fancy human clothing...but I still cannot grasp the idea of him being an actual one.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
D

Deleted member

I like the ideas, I like the mission, I like the values. But, it being a start-up, it’s rough. We have had very little class registrations, which ended up in me having virtually no hours until I had to ask to do receptionist work in the meantime

I found out I’m a decent salesman when I like something, but that doesn’t mean people will make a commitment on the spot.

I’d like to run my own business one day, if even just to see if my ideas would work or if I’ve just been full of hot air this whole time
It's a start-up? Tends to be a bit of a rough start, but I'm confident you and everybody else there can get it off the ground, good luck.

Iridium

Smash Hero
XD I swear I have tried before! Even though I love the original infinitely! I even searched the few times Rids has been drawn as a human (Not counting the cursed Ridleyette Bull**** or the first cursed human female Meta Ridley)...and the only ones I saw lost what made Ridley be recognizable, completely. And I fear it might not work. = u = I enjoy putting him in fancy human clothing...but I still cannot grasp the idea of him being an actual one.
I cannot imagine anything worse than Ridley with a completely stretched out neck.

KMDP

Smash Legend
When you add milk to cereal, does the milk become either a sauce or broth, or does it stay a beverage?
It remains a beverage, but also becomes a broth.

Cereal is a soup.
In terms of recovery, Shulk's up b was nerfed. In kill power, it was buffed.
Buff or nerf overall?
A Burf.
I can give Human Ridley a shot later.

It might be fun.

Draw Kirby happily riding a frustrated looking Ridley's head.

Something blessed.
I kind of low-key want to ask you to draw one of my OCs, but I also feel like that's asking too much.

D

Deleted member

I am training with Ken right now, and...
I kind of get him? I barely touched Ryu in Smash 4, but I still learned a bit from him.
I can not preform his other specials consistently, though.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I cannot imagine anything worse than Ridley with a completely stretched out neck.
XD You mean as a human? I would not put that ...funny that a friend found my Ridley's expressions kind of similar to the ones on Disney's Hades. XD Which I never thought about despite that movie being part of my childhood. I based that on the fact that Ridley shows to have eyelids for an split second in the SSE.

D

Deleted member

Marth's English voice actor or Japanese voice actor?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Why are your shoes so ugly?
A combination of former fashion apathy and and the lack of the ability to replace them now that I started to care how I look after I came out as trans.

What's your girlfriend like?

If you don't want to answer that's fine. But you seem really happy with her and I think that's great for you.
She’s wonderful. It’s really cheesy, but despite how hard I feel life is at the moment, she’s like my guiding light.
She’s the reason I am who I am today, tbh. The beginning of our relationship was rocky because I was a slightly toxic, jaded individual with anger issues- I realized one day that “im a horrible person”, or so I felt, so that’s what finally made me decide to get professional help. I saw a therapist for a few months before I had to move and it turned out all I needed to do was vent about my whole life. Cool, I guess, I left out a lot of details but it helped me get over my anger issues.

My current therapist, however, I told *everything* too which is how I ended up diagnosed with my baggage.

I digress.

Because of her being there for me, and being as supportive, friendly, and charming as she is, i’ve had just enough hope restored in myself to want to become a force for good, and make the world a generally better place for everyone living in it.

D

Deleted member

Enemy: My Stand is invincible! There's nothing you can do about it.
Jotaro: Well Yes but Actually No
Yare Yare Daze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom