• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

if jump force comes to Switch and there's no Pikachu in it I'll eat my ****ing pants

D

Deleted member

listen goth
i know you're very aware that everyone here knows what guest character is
i know which is why i can't understand why you don't think Pikachu in jump force wouldn't be cool
they could just port it over from Pokken for crying out loud

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i know which is why i can't understand why you don't think Pikachu in jump force wouldn't be cool
I never said it wouldn't be cool, I was commenting on the chances of it ever happening.

That's not how that works. That's not how any of this works, lol

D

Deleted member

Oh sweet

- Joseph Joestar is a ***** *** ************ (almost literally)
- Consume the Bourgeoisie
- Praise Astolfo
Joseph is almost literally a bunch of asterisks?
The thread became cursed today the moment Thanos Danvers was posted a few hours ago.
Thanos Danvers prevented us from descending into tge abyss, what you talking about?
Wanna see the most cursed thing I’ve created so far?
View attachment 202413
Or is this really not that bad?
Why is Shulk wearing Lucas's shirt?

D

Deleted member

I never said it wouldn't be cool, I was commenting on the chances of it ever happening.

That's not how that works. That's not how any of this works, lol
okay then
and by port it over i mean just reuse the model and stuff from Pokken

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
Me, returning to Smashboards after vanishing since February 2016:

20190329_103617.jpg

This board is about to get really cursed.

D

Deleted member

Just for curiosity’s sakes: which one of these is more likely?

>Wolverine getting in Mortal Kombat?
Or
>Videogame character with a huge and popular anime getting in a game like Jump Force (someone from Danganronpa or a Digimon, for example)?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe, but how many fighting games suddenly got a Nintendo guest character in their Switch ports?

Not to mention Pikachu is only partially owned by Nintendo and Shounen Jump games don't have a big history with video game characters.

D

Deleted member

Maybe, but how many fighting games suddenly got a Nintendo guest character in their Switch ports?

Not to mention Pikachu is only partially owned by Nintendo and Shounen Jump games don't have a big history with video game characters.
well...
i mean...

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just for curiosity’s sakes: which one of these is more likely?

>Wolverine getting in Mortal Kombat?
Or
>Videogame character with a huge and popular anime getting in a game like Jump Force (someone from Danganronpa or a Digimon, for example)?
Um, neither?

Also, I don't think Danganronpa is really huge.

D

Deleted member

anyways if a pokemon (which has notoriously tangled rights) somehow got into jump force it would probably be lucario

D

Deleted member

well...
i mean...

Those aren’t Shonen Jump games.
However, there’s actually a case I would like to ask about: Dai in Jump Force.

Does the appearance of Dai in that game open the gates to some videogame franchises at Dragon Quest’s levels of popularity of getting in Shonen Jump games?

Of course, I suppose that the franchise needs to have a pretty popular manga or anime before trying to get a character in.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Does the appearance of Dai in that game open the gates to some videogame franchises at Dragon Quest’s levels of popularity of getting in Shonen Jump games?
You really don't have to use big font whenever you post a pic, it makes you look like you're yelling...

Also, no. Dai got in because he has a manga in Shounen Jump, not because he's a video game character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

See, the thing with Dai is that he's from a INCREDIBLY popular manga to the point it's one of SJ's best selling iirc. It's more than just "popular game"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Dragon Quest: The Adventures of Dai was a Shonen Jump manga.... so....

D

Deleted member

You really don't have to use big font whenever you post a pic, it makes you look like you're yelling...

Also, no. Dai got in because he has a manga in Shounen Jump, not because he's a video game character.
I guess that’s true. I just use the big fonts to make the text easier to read, but maybe it isn’t needed as much as I imagined. I will try to see if using regular fonts works good enough.

See, the thing with Dai is that he's from a INCREDIBLY popular manga to the point it's one of SJ's best selling iirc. It's more than just "popular game"
Yup, I suspected so.
Dai was probably an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom