• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

i'll, er, just point you to his tweets

(language btw)
He's been sayin' some real transphobic **** recently. Like, almost to the point where it felt like he was going out of his way to make sure people knew his thoughts on the matter.

And his thoughts on the matter boiled down to "trans people are idiots who think they can be whatever they want and also don't deserve to be respected".
Holy ****, he never looked the type when he was on MC from what I recall. It is a shame considering how close minded and aggressive he is when he made one of the most creative games.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I appreciate the effort that goes into these banners. Everyone should make one.
Alright I made one.

anyoneishere_v1.jpg

I honestly don't know if I want to replace my current sig just to be hip and with it though.

D

Deleted member

He's been sayin' some real transphobic **** recently. Like, almost to the point where it felt like he was going out of his way to make sure people knew his thoughts on the matter.

And his thoughts on the matter boiled down to "trans people are idiots who think they can be whatever they want and also don't deserve to be respected".
Awww, that sucks. I wish we could all just respect each others differences and live life without any drama.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Why is Nintendo still making MARIO Kart and MARIO Party when we could be playing SUPER SMASH Kart and SUPER SMASH Party? Like, why limit to Mario when you can pick from all your mascots?
Only if they didn't remove the focus from Mario

It's one of the few opportunities I have of playing as a Shy Guy or a Koopa Troopa

I feel that a one that was completely crossover focused would mean characters other than the main Mario cast would get shafted

D

Deleted member

I doubt that the asshole got a score of 10 at every subject of high school like my friend does.
Or even comes close to being as kind and inspiring as him.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I know it was part of a fake leak, but I like the idea of Erin Fitzgerald being her English VA.

Michelle Ruff and Karan Strassman are also good options. (Voice actors for Yukari/Kawakami and Aigis/Nanako respectively)
strassman is reasonably likely tbh, royal girl is about 16 and she tends to voice young-ish characters

also where ruff is already voicing kawakami, i don't think strassman is in 5 yet despite working closely with atlus as recently as dancing in moonlight

D

Deleted member

Uh, Notch's comments definitely weren't thebest but I'm not sure I approve of them straight up removing any reference to the guy who came up with, designed and made the game.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I understand the love for Female Joker, but no love for this beautiful boy?
View attachment 201792
Ah well, we all have different opinions.
It’s fate.

Remember anyone using Male Robin and Male Corrin in Smash 4? That will happen if there was a Female Joker...

And Male Wii Fit Trainer, but it’s pretty obvious.

How does everyone feel about mayonnaise?
It’s very good, and gives that extra kick to a lot of foods. I don’t know what I would without it sometimes.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
So on a Smash related note, what are you guys hoping for from 3.0.0 for your main?

All I really want for Corrin is fixing her upB so that she keeps her forward and upward momentum when it finishes, possibly with a damage buff so it can be a kill move again. Plus buffed running speed and less lag time on her neutralB so you can actually follow up on someone you catch with your projectile.

A slight change to the lag time after her Fsmash would be nice too. It's far too easy to punish out of shield and as soon as I play someone who knows that I've lost like 50% of my kill potential.
:ultlink:: I would ask for buffed speed, but then you would have to do that to the other two, and I cannot say what to.

- Less start-up on f-tilt, at least so it can be properly used to space opponents out.

- Increased grab range; just a bit more so Links do not miss at close range (yes, it happens sometimes).

- Faster jab; for some reason, the start-up on this one went down a frame, and this is one of Link's few options to get opponents out of his face.

- Remove that stupid Spin Attack exploit. If you are confused about this one, I will show what I mean.

I do have suggestions for more characters, but I might write an essay.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dingaling doesn't give a poo
Or maybe he's gonna do something.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Shroob

Sup?
Uh, Notch's comments definitely weren't thebest but I'm not sure I approve of them straight up removing any reference to the guy who came up with, designed and made the game.
He sold the game, he basically forfeited all rights to complain as soon as he did so.

See, Star Wars.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
strassman is reasonably likely tbh, royal girl is about 16 and she tends to voice young-ish characters

also where ruff is already voicing kawakami, i don't think strassman is in 5 yet despite working closely with atlus as recently as dancing in moonlight
I just looked up the VAs, and you're right, Strassman isn't in P5 (at the moment).

Double K

Smash Lord
He is still credited on the game, but he really should be removed since as he designed it, MC was pretty much unplayable and it was only after he hired a team that it became ethe success that it did

then he sold it to Microsoft and none of his team saw a dime

D

Deleted member

He sold the game, he basically forfeited all rights to complain as soon as he did so.

See, Star Wars.
He's still the original creator though, just because he sold the game doesn't erase that fact from history.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I have really loved what I’ve seen of FF7’s story and world from online content and Smash, but I don’t really like RPGs. Should I play it anyway? Or should I wait for like, the remake or something?
Final Fantasy VII was a lot of people's first JRPG (not including Pokémon), so I'd say it's reasonably accessible.

Of course, it's still a 50-60 hour turn-based JRPG.

D

Deleted member

He is still credited on the game, but he really should be removed since as he designed it, MC was pretty much unplayable and it was only after he hired a team that it became ethe success that it did

then he sold it to Microsoft and none of his team saw a dime
He's still credited? In that case it's fine, I thought it meant all references to him were removed.

D

Deleted member

So on a Smash related note, what are you guys hoping for from 3.0.0 for your main?

All I really want for Corrin is fixing her upB so that she keeps her forward and upward momentum when it finishes, possibly with a damage buff so it can be a kill move again. Plus buffed running speed and less lag time on her neutralB so you can actually follow up on someone you catch with your projectile.

A slight change to the lag time after her Fsmash would be nice too. It's far too easy to punish out of shield and as soon as I play someone who knows that I've lost like 50% of my kill potential.
Inklings are in a pretty good spot, I honestly hope they don't touch them at all.

K. Rool buffs would be super welcome, though. I would also love to see Isabelle get major buffs so I could try playing her again.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I don't think the people who now own the game want their big money-making product be associated with a transphobe

Besides he's like a gazillionare it's not like this is gonna hurt him in any way

D

Deleted member

I just realized that power rangers game came out today, I might pick it up soon given I want to support good attempts like this.
It's basically Marvel with a Power Rangers coat of paint, but really well done. It's obviously a budget game, but the devs actually put in a lot of effort to make it fun.
Dingaling doesn't give a poo
Or maybe he's gonna do something.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Probably the former. He's a ****head, but also a billionaire ****head, and they classically don't care about what opinion people hold of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Don't worry, it's just the removal of splash screen jokes, not as if his name was stricken from the annals of history.

Now if he was discredited, then that'd be a problem.

D

Deleted member

I don't think the people who now own the game want their big money-making product be associated with a transphobe

Besides he's like a gazillionare it's not like this is gonna hurt him in any way
He's credits so it's fine, but I still not sure how to feel about hypothetically just straight-up not crediting a person for their work, even if they are so, uh, controversial.

D

Deleted member

Anyone who claims that trans people are stupid doesn’t have my respect.
More so because a friend of mine is, and actually gets the best scores of my whole high school (all subjects with a score of 10 or 9, mostly 10s).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Decrease endlag on recharging Ink
Increase Inkbrush range to cover the splatter
Make down throw better at higher percents at the cost of making up throw confirms harder to do

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Everytime I try to find a Everyone is Here banner or ask for a template I never find it.
Odd.
my guy you just gotta take it into image editing software and cut out your own characters into the slots

the reason there isn't really a template is that everyone's versions pretty much are the template

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Everytime I try to find a Everyone is Here banner or ask for a template I never find it.
Odd.
There is no template, dude. Just copy one of the banners and then paste the characters you want over them.

Learn to use paint.net and you can do tons of fun stuff.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
my guy you just gotta take it into image editing software and cut out your own characters into the slots

the reason there isn't really a template is that everyone's versions pretty much are the template
There is no template, dude. Just copy one of the banners and then paste the characters you want over them.
Oh okay got it.
Thought there was one that had like, no characters so I wouldn't need to erase them. My bad.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Got a blank template? Asked a while back but I don't know if anyone saw it
There is no template. Just open the image in Photoshop and put a bunch of images cropped to 80px by 194px on top.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Is the problem just in the name? Cause they’ve basically started doing that with MK8

As far as party goes, I would definitely like an all star type party
Super Mario Party 2 comes out, and all the characters from the first game are still playable, but now Dixie, K. Rool, Pauline, Captain Syrup, Link and Isabelle have been added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom