• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Update on the Final Fantasy VII front. Now I'm think I'm over the whole "lol look at these polygon Popeye lookin *** models" and can genuinely get into the story now. At the part where I'm at the Wall Market figuring out how to get to Shinra HQ, beat the Tseng battle at the tower.

The moments where you get to Aerith's house genuinely got me a bit and now I'm definitely invested in each character and the story. Especially when finding out the backstory with Aerith and who her mother was, that for sure got me. I also noticed that I'm in 4 hours now, where as in Final Fantasy IX, I beaten the game in 32 hours.

...This is gonna be a long one, isn't it? Also I didn't get the Cloud route at Don's Mansion. I am sad.
Game is about 40-50 hours depending if you do sidequests, its not too long either. Story ramps up and gives you the backstory of Cloud after the HQ, once you get into the overworld you're in for a pretty nice experience. (Believe it or not, 2 party members are optional as well)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I think she's a completely new character.
see i'd agree with this if sakurai hadn't already let slip that she uses arsene (or at least a reskinned arsene that probably still has the same moves), a dagger, and joker's animations

it'd be like releasing yu around the time of persona 4 golden and saying 'by the way you can play as marie as a skin', i just can't see it

basically it's gonna be a long month

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So on a Smash related note, what are you guys hoping for from 3.0.0 for your main?

All I really want for Corrin is fixing her upB so that she keeps her forward and upward momentum when it finishes, possibly with a damage buff so it can be a kill move again. Plus buffed running speed and less lag time on her neutralB so you can actually follow up on someone you catch with your projectile.

A slight change to the lag time after her Fsmash would be nice too. It's far too easy to punish out of shield and as soon as I play someone who knows that I've lost like 50% of my kill potential.
I've got some unpopular opinions for my top 3 that I would like to see changed, but I'm 95% certain they're getting nothing but nerfs because of all the complaints I see about them online everywhere.
:ultike:: The ability to grab ledges while his back is turned. Literally all I ask for.
:ultmegaman:: Make his up smash and down smash worth using. They're so ****ing weak and laggy and have awful sourspots for no reason, on top of having tremendously-small hitboxes. There is no reason to use those moves over his mega buster, which you can at least scare people into expecting.
:ultzelda:: Give her a bit more aerial momentum and a slightly-better neutral. She's completely helpless when aggroed on.

D

Deleted member

see i'd agree with this if sakurai hadn't already let slip that she uses arsene (or at least a reskinned arsene that probably still has the same moves), a dagger, and joker's animations

it'd be like releasing yu around the time of persona 4 golden and saying 'by the way you can play as marie as a skin', i just can't see it

basically it's gonna be a long month
I get that, but that's assuming Joker will only use Arsene or that Arsene couldn't be reskinned to this girl's Persona.

Watch us all be wrong and there is a female Joker and this girl is completely unrelated, we just saw a ponytail and overanalyzed, lol.

D

Deleted member

son: this minecraft game is great dad
dad: it is indeed son
son: who made it?
dad: no one. it came from space
I just saw that Tweet.
And I approve of it.

D

Deleted member

Game is about 40-50 hours depending if you do sidequests, its not too long either. Story ramps up and gives you the backstory of Cloud after the HQ, once you get into the overworld you're in for a pretty nice experience. (Believe it or not, 2 party members are optional as well)
IIRC since I know only barely anything about this game through osmosis, the party in total is

Cloud
Barret
Tifa
Aerith
Cait Sith
Cid
Yuffie
Vincent

And probs someone else, but I know them through other games like KH and then some.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Update on the Final Fantasy VII front. Now I'm think I'm over the whole "lol look at these polygon Popeye lookin *** models" and can genuinely get into the story now. At the part where I'm at the Wall Market figuring out how to get to Shinra HQ, beat the Tseng battle at the tower.

The moments where you get to Aerith's house genuinely got me a bit and now I'm definitely invested in each character and the story. Especially when finding out the backstory with Aerith and who her mother was, that for sure got me. I also noticed that I'm in 4 hours now, where as in Final Fantasy IX, I beaten the game in 32 hours.

...This is gonna be a long one, isn't it? Also I didn't get the Cloud route at Don's Mansion. I am sad.
If you want some tips and a little bit of guidance, check out this vintage video of MTV's Game Brain. It has a big section on FFVII, and has instructions on how to get some optional bonuses with some of the sidequests. There aren't any story spoilers, I don't think.

I don't know much about FFVII beyond this video. Always wanted to get around to it ever since I saw this back in like 2001. I have the game on my PC, but I've been waiting for a good time to really dig into it.

D

Deleted member

I just saw that Tweet.
And I approve of it.
I do too.
Let’s see how the poopposts (or ****posts if you prefer the actual term) end up going.

D

Deleted member

IIRC since I know only barely anything about this game through osmosis, the party in total is

Cloud
Barret
Tifa
Aerith
Cait Sith
Cid
Yuffie
Vincent

And probs someone else, but I know them through other games like KH and then some.
Thats the whole party, actually. Funnily enough, Yuffie and Vincent are optional members that don't really impact the story much (although they give some backstory to some of the events of the FF7 World).

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What did he do? Was it some stupid comments?
He's been sayin' some real transphobic **** recently. Like, almost to the point where it felt like he was going out of his way to make sure people knew his thoughts on the matter.

And his thoughts on the matter boiled down to "trans people are idiots who think they can be whatever they want and also don't deserve to be respected".

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Why is Nintendo still making MARIO Kart and MARIO Party when we could be playing SUPER SMASH Kart and SUPER SMASH Party? Like, why limit to Mario when you can pick from all your mascots?

KMDP

Smash Legend

Everyone in Spira eats Spinach all day, every day; that's why they have huge forearms.

If you play your cards right, you can have Cloud date Barrett during a middle section of the game, during Disc 1 you get asked questions and the answers you give (and the actions you take) influence a hidden relationship score between Cloud, the girls and Barrett (you can only date Barrett if you **** up with literally everyone else, and it's pretty hard to **** up Aerith and Tifa's relationship values because they start so high).

Tifa is one of my favourite characters (not just because she has big anime *******, though that definitely helped open the door for me), and as far as I'm concerned she's the canon love interest for Cloud. Cloud x Tifa is one of the only ships I adhere to, I ship Aerith with someone else way better.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Why is Nintendo still making MARIO Kart and MARIO Party when we could be playing SUPER SMASH Kart and SUPER SMASH Party? Like, why limit to Mario when you can pick from all your mascots?
Is the problem just in the name? Cause they’ve basically started doing that with MK8

As far as party goes, I would definitely like an all star type party

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
bold of you to assume mario kart 9 won't double down on the crossover characters

like would anyone actually miss playing as toadette if they got captain falcon instead

D

Deleted member

He's been sayin' some real transphobic **** recently. Like, almost to the point where it felt like he was going out of his way to make sure people knew his thoughts on the matter.

And his thoughts on the matter boiled down to "trans people are idiots who think they can be whatever they want and also don't deserve to be respected".
That prick really hasn’t met one of my friends.
He may be something he hates, but I bet all of my stuff that he is smarter in every way than him.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

I have really loved what I’ve seen of FF7’s story and world from online content and Smash, but I don’t really like RPGs. Should I play it anyway? Or should I wait for like, the remake or something?

Roberk

Smash Champion
bold of you to assume mario kart 9 won't double down on the crossover characters

like would anyone actually miss playing as toadette if they got captain falcon instead
I think people would miss Toadette, I thought that she's pretty popular. The babies, on the other hand... are not necessary.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
xander mobus but a little higher pitched

tho for real if she's in smash we'll find out her VA next month, which has interesting implications for the state of royal's localisation
I know it was part of a fake leak, but I like the idea of Erin Fitzgerald being her English VA.

Michelle Ruff and Karen Strassman are also good options. (Voice actors for Yukari/Kawakami and Aigis/Nanako respectively)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom