• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There is no template. Just open the image in Photoshop and put a bunch of images cropped to 80px by 194px on top.
This is eventually going to lead to the image having so many layers pasted over each other that it's impossible to find the original.

D

Deleted member

Quick question: People here host arenas on weekends, right?

I wanna try Smash online again. It's been since January, but I want to give it another chance. I think I'm in a much better mindset for it now and I'll be able to actually enjoy it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Super Mario Party 2 comes out, and all the characters from the first game are still playable, but now Dixie, K. Rool, Pauline, Captain Syrup, Link and Isabelle have been added.
Waluigi, incidentally, gets demoted to the only Assist Trophy in the game

D

Deleted member

He's credits so it's fine, but I still not sure how to feel about hypothetically just straight-up not crediting a person for their work, even if they are so, uh, controversial.
I think he revoked his right to complain about being hurt the moment the moment he made his asshole-ness known

D

Deleted member

I think he revoked his right to complain about being hurt the moment the moment he made his *******-ness known
I don't care how he feels about this, I don't think anybody does, I just think credit should always go to the person who did it. And again, it's just splash text so it's fine in this case.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
What would you guys think of a Smash Spinoff that was a traditional fighter in the style of Marvel vs. Capcom?
That's kind of what I want with Capcom's involvement, but too many turbo-machismo frat boys are deathly allergic to the concept of Nintendo characters fighting against their favorite company. I really want that game to exist, now with Sega and Namco's inclusion as well, but it'll never happen because Capcom is too invested on that Western appeal with Marvel Comics to even care, given the rumors of MvC4 and all.

As for your question itself, I think it would be neat, but I'd rather it keep the crossover elements that Capcom is known for. It's circular mental gymnastics at this point because it all rolls back on itself. Hopefully this makes sense.

D

Deleted member

Oh, in case you wanna know: the friend I am talking about was in the picture that I shared with some here.
He is the person with the glasses at the left of me.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I think the idea of unpersoning someone for nothing more than things they've said is really unnecessary. There's a difference between, say, someone guilty of a serious crime who's fired and blacklisted from their career, and someone who simply said something disagreeable. Even if what that person says is insane and offensive, unless they're actively hurting anyone or it has to do directly with their job, that shouldn't take away their right to speak or otherwise invalidate their objective accomplishments and talents.

James Gunn made some stupid, offensive jokes years ago, and for a time that almost cost him his very respectable position at Marvel Studios. Steve Jobs was a **** to people, so what's going to happen if someone turns up and says that he, say, made an anti-Semitic remark or something? Is Apple going to wipe his name and face from history and downplay his role in spearheading some of the most influential technology of the 21st Century?

What's going to happen in 10 more years when all of us currently growing up have been on the internet and probably said something stupid at some point? Are political campaigns going to be fought and waged based on the content people's old forum and Twitter posts?

It sets an unsettling, Orwellian precedent that nothing more than people's opinions can somehow take away their right to speak or have a career. There used to be a time where people's opinions were just opinions. Now it means you may suddenly no longer have a right to speak publicly or keep your job.

Double K

Smash Lord
It's basically Marvel with a Power Rangers coat of paint, but really well done. It's obviously a budget game, but the devs actually put in a lot of effort to make it fun.

Probably the former. He's a ****head, but also a billionaire ****head, and they classically don't care about what opinion people hold of them.
The dude name searches himself on reddit to argue with people, he eabsolutely cares

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
SMH, none of you went through the trouble of finding the fonts for all the games for the sweet quality.
Smash_Ultimate_DLC_Wants_small.png

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I think he revoked his right to complain about being hurt the moment the moment he made his *******-ness known
He wouldn't lose anything from it either.
He's uber rich, he can do nothing but be a miserable **** for the rest of his life.

I think the idea of unpersoning someone for nothing more than things they've said is really unnecessary. There's a difference between, say, someone guilty of a serious crime who's fired and blacklisted from their career, and someone who simply said something disagreeable. Even if what that person says is insane and offensive, unless they're actively hurting anyone or it has to do directly with their job, that shouldn't take away their right to speak or otherwise invalidate their objective accomplishments and talents.

James Gunn made some stupid, offensive jokes years ago, and for a time that almost cost him his very respectable position at Marvel Studios. Steve Jobs was a **** to people, so what's going to happen if someone turns up and says that he, say, made an anti-Semitic remark or something? Is Apple going to wipe his name and face from history and downplay his role in spearheading some of the most influential technology of the 21st Century?

What's going to happen in 10 more years when all of us currently growing up have been on the internet and probably said something stupid at some point? Are political campaigns going to be fought and waged based on the content people's old forum and Twitter posts?

It sets an unsettling, Orwellian precedent that nothing more than people's opinions can somehow take away their right to speak or have a career. There used to be a time where people's opinions were just opinions. Now it means you may suddenly no longer have a right to speak publicly or keep your job.
Hate speech isn't an opinion.
Notch can get ****ed.

Double K

Smash Lord
We unperson people frequently for exactly this and have done so for centuries.

China unpersoned one of its most successful Emperors because they were a woman.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I mean I get the sentiment but it is pretty hard to care about him. That’s the catch for this-

Surely credit him, but it’s not going to stop me from pretending I didn’t see anything if they do otherwise.

D

Deleted member

I have really loved what I’ve seen of FF7’s story and world from online content and Smash, but I don’t really like RPGs. Should I play it anyway? Or should I wait for like, the remake or something?
I'd say go for it. It's 16.99 on the eShop and I'm already liking it.

However, be prepared to have thoughts about Smash and why FFVII has two songs still and hate Square for that, or that maybe it's Sakurai and not Square, then to only go in a circle.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if anyone’s interested in 3D art or not, but here’s something I’m working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom