• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

also completely out there prediction: ace attorney 7 is on the way this year and nintendo is good buddies with capcom, in case their 3 characters and a stage boss didn't show that clearly enough

phoenix for challenger pack 4
Hopefully we would get to see Layton in Smash too alongside Wright...
At least if Level-5 is still going on around that time.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I believe 3 of the characters will be 3rd party, and two will be Nintendo

Third party characters are the ones to be revealed during major events.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
The goal of these DLC characters is to be pretty damn shocking

So they’re going to put in 4 (5 including plant) characters that don’t have spirits to set up a bogus expectation for everyone, and the very last one is going to be someone who does, in fact, already have a spirit.

Who is it?
It'll be Absolutely Safe Capsule

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

So they’re going to put in 4 (5 including plant) characters that don’t have spirits to set up a bogus expectation for everyone, and the very last one is going to be someone who does, in fact, already have a spirit.

Who is it?
Elma to go out with a bang

Ideally revealed this December because the wind doesn’t blow hard any other month now does it???

D

Deleted member

If you ask me, I find it likely that Steve or anyone as huge as him would be shown at E3.
With Dragon Quest, I imagine a rep being revealed either on a Direct or maybe if we get lucky at Square’s E3.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

problem is as it stands, events are aligning for three 3rd party reveals in a row: we already know persona and DQ, and i'd be surprised if they used E3 to show off a first party instead of another big name like steve

a blowout of first parties at the tail end feels almost anticlimactic by that point

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Bandana Dee let's go!

No but really. What if they upgraded an assist trophy? Like Shovel Knight or Isaac? That would be legitimately a best way to end it off.
No, they can't even though the game already hides ATs when they'd be redundant and we all know the public absolutely refuses to accept any character that isn't Block Man or Smiley Skeleton or Dancing Blond.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, haven’t seen many people talk about him, but I really think Ezio is a sleeper pick as DLC. Ubisoft has a strong relation with Nintendo, Ezio is their most iconic character, assassin’s creed has history with Nintendo, and suprinsgly it’s a popular series in Japan. You can’t deny he’d be surprising and popular.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Who is it?
HAJIMARI NO MORI GIRL BLOOMS BRIGHTLY!

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

honestly if we get an e3 newcomer (we totally will) i'd be genuinely shocked if it wasn't steve

basically the video game world stage, who else could they possibly show off to match the biggest game of the 2010s
No but seriously, I can see why Banjo might be revealed instead of Steve.

1) To really highlight that Nintendo and Microsoft love each other enough to start a family and make kids with each other.
2) They're still marketing Banjo merchandise and putting him on posters. It says a lot when the character isn't forgotten by the company. What it tells me is that even Microsoft knows how much Banjo means to its fans.
3) Did they really not learn from Nuts & Bolts. The fans are gonna ****ing riot if Banjo isn't in
4) It would also be a good way to announce a Rare Replay on Switch. After all, who's to say Microsoft approached Nintendo with the character? Smash is entirely a Nintendo thing, so what would be the best place to reveal Banjo? To a Nintendo fan, the people watching Nintendo's E3, this will mean a lot.

There's a lot of practicality going for Steve, but I don't think that's all a character has. There's something intentional going on, which isn't a real argument. It's just what I'm intuitively guessing at.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm telling ya'll we're getting Miku and there's nothing any of you can do about it

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Who is it?
A BotW Champion because those guys are criminally underrated.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
No but seriously, I can see why Banjo might be revealed instead of Steve.

1) To really highlight that Nintendo and Microsoft love each other enough to start a family and make kids with each other.
So who takes whose last name in this marriage?

D

Deleted member

If we get any 3rd parties other than Joker and Erdrick it should be V because reading poetry on the other end of the stage while your demon panther edgeguards for you would be peak disrespect.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Honestly, haven’t seen many people talk about him, but I really think Ezio is a sleeper pick as DLC. Ubisoft has a strong relation with Nintendo, Ezio is their most iconic character, assassin’s creed has history with Nintendo, and suprinsgly it’s a popular series in Japan. You can’t deny he’d be surprising and popular.
I think people are sleeping on a Mortal Kombat rep like Scorpion or Sub-Zero as well. I wouldn't say it's super likely or anything, but Mortal Kombat coming to a Nintendo console for the first time in God knows how long isn't something I'd bat an eye at. It's also another incredibly popular fighting game with a lasting legacy.

D

Deleted member

I'm telling ya'll we're getting Miku and there's nothing any of you can do about it
She better look like this or no buy:

S5CuN.png

I wonder if Smash is getting any additional modes besides just Stage Builder and Home Run Contest in later updates? I'm still hoping for Boss Rush myself.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What spawned all this DLC discussion?

Not complaining. Just not used to talking about Ultimate in the Ultimate Social Thread anymore.

EDIT: Followup question. Why is the Hulk dead?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
problem is as it stands, events are aligning for three 3rd party reveals in a row: we already know persona and DQ, and i'd be surprised if they used E3 to show off a first party instead of another big name like steve

a blowout of first parties at the tail end feels almost anticlimactic by that point
How many times do I have to say we aren’t getting a Dairy Queen Rep

Also I’m thinking Joker -> Nintendo -> E3 Reveal (Steve?) -> Nintendo -> 3rd Party

I mean I’m also one of the people saying no to the Erdrick. I would absolutely love him but y’all know me by now i make stupid bets for pleasure and I don’t get embarrassed by getting a thing wrong lol

D

Deleted member

I think people are sleeping on a Mortal Kombat rep like Scorpion or Sub-Zero as well. I wouldn't say it's super likely or anything, but Mortal Kombat coming to a Nintendo console for the first time in God knows how long isn't something I'd bat an eye at. It's also another incredibly popular fighting game with a lasting legacy.
Scorpion would be cool to have in Smash, indeed.
Although the only bad thing is that we won’t get the popular Mortal Kombat theme in Smash, since Netherealm seems to have too many lincensing and legal problems denying them from using it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I would like Miku in more than some suggestions

In addition I actively would like Goku’s inclusion
Lol

D

Deleted member

Why not Cuphead?
Because he only appears in an interactive anime.
I don’t know, and I would completely welcome him since I love stuff based on 2D animation. He could be creative if done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom