• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I feel that the fanbase in general sleeps on a lot of great characters just because of this weird Nintendo centrism they have.

D

Deleted member

I feel that the fanbase in general sleeps on a lot of great characters just because of this weird Nintendo centrism they have.
It's a thing all fanbases have. We didn't have console wars for a reason, you know.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I think people are sleeping on a Mortal Kombat rep like Scorpion or Sub-Zero as well. I wouldn't say it's super likely or anything, but Mortal Kombat coming to a Nintendo console for the first time in God knows how long isn't something I'd bat an eye at. It's also another incredibly popular fighting game with a lasting legacy.
Mortal Kombat was on the Wii and DS. It's not necessarily a situation where they're long lost partners coming back after a long hiatus. Nintendo consoles were just underpowered for MK9 and then MKX.

I wouldn't say it's likely by any means considering that MK isn't popular in Japan and properly representing a game that focuses so hard on gore would be difficult. But it's definitely plausible in a reality where Bayonetta and Solid Snake are already in the game.

D

Deleted member

I feel the same at times.
I still remember how almost the entirety of Miiverse despised Cloud when he got revealed in 4 mostly for being either “an Ike clone/semi-clone” or a “Playstation character”.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Character speculation has gotten bland/boring since this year, so I'm more interested in whatever else we'll be getting in future updates.

Aside from the easy to guess returning modes, I would like it if they introduced a new/updated Boss Rush, with returning bosses from Brawl/Smash 4 (a few of them like Petey, Rayquaza, Metal Face already have in-game models to work as a base). I'd find that a neater way to represent Porky, assuming the bosses would be updated the same way Galleom was with some new attacks. I'd also vouch for Ridley on Pyrosphere to return in the same way Ganondorf can still fight Ganon.

The other obvious choice would be a mode for that one spoiler fight in World of Light. Maybe even make it co-op, or add some variations ala Mob Smash/All-Star.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
fans: the first DLC is steve
fans: the first DLC is geno
fans: the first DLC is erdrick
sakurai: the first DLC is persona

fans:

1553703149582.png

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean. It's a Nintendo fighting game.

God forbid.

D

Deleted member

Character speculation has gotten bland/boring since this year, so I'm more interested in whatever else we'll be getting in future updates.

Aside from the easy to guess returning modes, I would like it if they introduced a new/updated Boss Rush, with returning bosses from Brawl/Smash 4 (a few of them like Petey, Rayquaza, Metal Face already have in-game models to work as a base). I'd find that a neater way to represent Porky, assuming the bosses would be updated the same way Galleom was with some new attacks. I'd also vouch for Ridley on Pyrosphere to return in the same way Ganondorf can still fight Ganon.

The other obvious choice would be a mode for that one spoiler fight in World of Light. Maybe even make it co-op, or add some variations ala Mob Smash/All-Star.
I would also appreciate to see these modes added in future updates.

I also considered the idea of some kind of “spirit battle gallery”, where you can rematch the spirits you already collected to their respective battles while also being able to change the main CPU’s level. Of course, this would only be functional with the spirits you own, not the ones you still don’t have.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Microsoft has so many good characters, they should get their own crossover. We’ll call it Microsoft All Stars.
Real talk, a couple years ago I wrote up an idea for a Microsoft crossover shooter. Essentially instead of forcing their characters into a platform fighter like Sony did, make an approachable shooter starring all of their big characters, since they basically all shoot guns anyway.

But then Fortnite happened and the "approachable shooter that literally everyone plays" slot was filled.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Remember when Banjo was invited to Smash but Steve crafted his door too small so he couldn't squeeze his fat ass through?

This is a good post.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Real talk, a couple years ago I wrote up an idea for a Microsoft crossover shooter. Essentially instead of forcing their characters into a platform fighter like Sony did, make an approachable shooter starring all of their big characters, since they basically all shoot guns anyway.

But then Fortnite happened and the "approachable shooter that literally everyone plays" slot was filled.
minecraft hunger games is the original battle royale, don't @ me

D

Deleted member

It's a thing all fanbases have. We didn't have console wars for a reason, you know.
Considering a lot of 3rd parties have appeared on Nintendo consoles, it just seems ridiculous that a lot of big series not owned by MS or Sony are just being passed on.
fans: the first DLC is steve
fans: the first DLC is geno
fans: the first DLC is erdrick
sakurai: the first DLC is persona

fans:

View attachment 201630
Pretty much. And I say this as a guy that his most wanted is pretty much Erdrick at this point.

D

Deleted member

As much as I've been known to support Steve around these parts, I'm also super into the idea of Master Chief.

D

Deleted member

Remember when Banjo was invited to Smash but Steve made his door too small on purpose so her could squeeze his fat *** through?
That’s a strange headcanon.
Mine’s is just that Banjo allowed Steve to get in Smash first due to the natural pacific behaviour of the beard. Of course while Kazooie complained as usual.

D

Deleted member

Steve Minecraft wielding a blocky gun and Banjo holding Kazooie firing eggs meet on the battlefield

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just had a sudden epiphany

**** Steve, **** Sans, **** Shantae, **** Quote, **** Cuphead, **** Cadence, **** Jason. THIS is the indie rep we need:

1553703694632.png

Also because we get some sweet ass Lumen songs you know you want it

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
If you ask me, I would give Steve a bow that shoots pretty fast instead.
Steve actually works really well as a Link echo, if you think about it. Only a few things would need to change (boomerang into trident that acts like a less powerful Pacman key, bombs into TNT)

Pakky

Smash Hero
Remember when Vault Boy was invited to Smash but fell through the world and got stuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom