• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
And at the same time they pulled the "It's a game for all ages stuff!", they added 10 characters who each represent a specific Tarot card, and have basically a Stand version of a 2nd Tarot card.

And all of them have ****ed up backstories that really 'don't belong in a game for 'all-ages' without stepping into uncomfortable territory.

Lovers's 'Stand' is Death, and has such a strong desire to be loved that she ends up straight up murdering anyone who dumps her, and her family.

Fool's 'Stand' is Hanged Man, and he's soo unbearable people literally kill themselves to get away from him.

Strength's 'Stand' is The Devil and was implied to be the town bike before she killed the whole village.

Magician's 'Stand' is The Tower, and he's just straight up a serial killer who saves the screams of his victims inside of sea shells to listen to later. He doesn't even go through a 'redemption arc' and The Tower is ****ing scared of him.

'For all-ages'.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Quick question: for those of you whose favorite video game character(s) are in Smash, how many of you DON'T main them?

Like for me, Luigi is my favorite video game character, but I don't use him in Smash a lot (unless I'm playing Melee) because I prefer other playstyles.
I main my favorite that IS in the game, Mega Man. Though Samus ain't my secondary since I feel she's too slow, while Ridley's playstyle I think matches that a bit better.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
And at the same time they pulled the "It's a game for all ages stuff!", they added 10 characters who each represent a specific Tarot card, and have basically a Stand version of a 2nd Tarot card.

And all of them have ****ed up backstories that really 'don't belong in a game for 'all-ages' without stepping into uncomfortable territory.

Lovers's 'Stand' is Death, and has such a strong desire to be loved that she ends up straight up murdering anyone who dumps her, and her family.

Fool's 'Stand' is Hanged Man, and he's soo unbearable people literally kill themselves to get away from him.

Strength's 'Stand' is The Devil and was implied to be the town bike before she killed the whole village.

Magician's 'Stand' is The Tower, and he's just straight up a serial killer who saves the screams of his victims inside of sea shells to listen to later. He doesn't even go through a 'redemption arc' and The Tower is ****ing scared of him.

'For all-ages'.
Oh yeah, forgot they added the Oracles...

Add that to the list of "things I'm nowhere near getting to in Granblue".

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly -- and I'll try my best to word this as carefully as I can -- this, alongside the other stuff this game got, is kind of a breath of fresh air. None of the games I've played since I think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 when it came out have I been gruesomely curious and interested. To see Machine actually nail what America was back then, and so far with what gameplay I've seen (especially on Switch), make it look good, I'm genuinely surprised. Even looking at The New Order and comparing how it looks to now, ****ing hell. HOW they did this in three years, I have no idea.

I do feel pretty bad for the devs, though, with releasing this type of game, given America's current political climate. And shockingly enough, I'm kinda shocked more people weren't as up in arms with the whole N bombs as the poking fun at current topics with the advertising they did, looking at how the game kinda got some heat, because THAT took me back a bit. What takes me a back EVEN MORE is that NINTENDO GAVE THE OK AND ALLOWED NOT JUST THAT, BUT EVERYTHING. Tell me the Switch Era isn't Best Nintendo, c'mon.

When I'm done with my Final Fantasy marathon of 7, 10, and 12 and any other games, no doubt I'll get Wolfenstein II. I only heard one song, and to see that Mick Gordon is back at the helm is ****ing fantastic.

Y'know what, **** it. B.J. Blazkowicz for Smash Ultimate with this as the reveal music, let's go.

Yeah man, seeing Machine Games be so confident in their craftsmanship as not only Game Developers but also story tellers to release a game like these in today's climate with no apologies while also being as new as they are to the industry is a REAL breath of fresh air.

They knew what they were tackling and did it with such style and unapologetic truth of the evils both sides of its historical nations brought to the world and did so in a fast paced, bombastic shooter that remains consistent and fresh through the whole game. Rewards stealth if you want to, rewards guns-a-blazin if you want to. Machine Games and id are at the peak of their artistic integrity and it's awesome to see.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Where’s that Maria from?
She's from Bloodborne.

Huntress

She's got a twin-blade that splits off into dual blades.
And a gun.
Also she can stab herself to make the swords longer with hardened blood.
Which can then in and of itself ignite in fire.
And she can flash-step.

She's pretty much, like the optimal waifu character.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
You know, everyone points out how Porky, Adeleine, Sylux or not-yarn Poochy don't have Spirits, but no one ever brings up Rudy the Clown.

Let's give Wario Land 3 some love and embrace our demon clown overlord for Smash.
Imagine how hype that would be if Rudy the Clown was announced as the second Wario rep lol

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know, everyone points out how Porky, Adeleine, Sylux or not-yarn Poochy don't have Spirits, but no one ever brings up Rudy the Clown.

Let's give Wario Land 3 some love and embrace our demon clown overlord for Smash.
No one likes clowns.

Give your energy to Captain Syrup or Shake King, let them get salty runbacks.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

'For all-ages'.
Listen all I know is that someone fights using fidget spinners, that's already enough right there

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
She's from Bloodborne.

Huntress

She's got a twin-blade that splits off into dual blades.
And a gun.
Also she can stab herself to make the swords longer with hardened blood.
Which can then in and of itself ignite in fire.
And she can flash-step.

She's pretty much, like the optimal waifu character.
Dunno about the stabbing herself part though.

D

Deleted member

Imagine how hype that would be if Rudy the Clown was announced as the second Wario rep lol
I would uniroincally be hyped. WL3 was a big part of my childhood.

No one likes clowns.

Give your energy to Captain Syrup or Shake King, let them get salty runbacks.
While I agree Smash needs more Shake King, the fact he got a Spirit at all is satisfying.

I'll take either Rudy or Shake King. Syrup bores me.

D

Deleted member

Yeah man, seeing Machine Games be so confident in their craftsmanship as not only Game Developers but also story tellers to release a game like these in today's climate with no apologies while also being as new as they are to the industry is a REAL breath of fresh air.

They knew what they were tackling and did it with such style and unapologetic truth of the evils both sides of its historical nations brought to the world and did so in a fast paced, bombastic shooter that remains consistent and fresh through the whole game. Rewards stealth if you want to, rewards guns-a-blazin if you want to. Machine Games and id are at the peak of their artistic integrity and it's awesome to see.
How I see it is this: if you're going to base your game off of real life and events, while trying to also incorporate your own narrative story, do it, but keep absolutely every single aspect of the real world and it's history. It adds a HUGE amount of flair to your game, shows the sheer dedication respect at the same time and how possibly that game's universe would be like. This is why the Modern Warfare trilogy and Black Ops were so damn good, because this stuff happens in real life, too. The "No Russian" mission in MW2 is a perfect example of that. Hell, to some extent, Metal Gear Solid does that in various entries, too.

Considering I'm getting the Switch version, I'm astounded at how the **** Panic Button managed to pull this off. What gets me, though, is that while it's for sure the least prettiest version, the Switch version somehow has a more consistent frame rate than the PS4 and Xbox One. While I'm not a graphic *****, I AM, however, a frame *****. If Xenoblade Chronicles 2 can have a better FPS than Hyrule Warriors in handheld mode, there's some answers needed. So while I'm gonna get the least pretty version, at the very least, I'll have the most smoothest version... Somehow.

It looks like I'm probably gonna have a blast like how I did with DOOM 2016. Though, I will say... Releasing this on the same day as Super Mario Odyssey and Assassin's Creed was a pretty dumb move. Hopefully Switch sales helped out a bit.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I got a haircut recently, and i'm not a fan. Don't get me wrong, I look good. But that's the problem.

Now I look respectable, and quite frankly that's false advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom