• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I didn't experience any meaningful lag. The match was very playable.
Okay, that's good then, haha. I'm gonna back out a bit and then come back in because I forgot to add my controller settings to my Smashboards tag. :p

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Heyo, how many Star vs. the Forces of Evil fans do we have around here?

Have any of you see the newest episodes yet? Because I've been itching to talk about the fourth (and final) season.
I'm a man of my culture as the media buff I am. Intend to give Gravity Falls a watch soon enough. Maybe I'll give this a shot too.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Okay, so after testing, I have about a quarter second of input lag on my end. Was there any on yours?
That's normal. Online is never as smooth as local; there's always a little bit of delay. It take some getting used to.

The connection issues you need to look out for are when the game starts stuttering or visibly lagging. That's the sign of a problem with someone's connection.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm a man of my culture as the media buff I am. Intend to give Gravity Falls a watch soon enough. Maybe I'll give this a shot too.
Word of advice, the the show starts off pretty slow in the first half of it's first season, being very Slice of Life-heavy, though it does a good job of establishing the characters and giving you a feel for the setting and the show's tone. It really starts picking up at an episode titled "Mewberty' and IMO, it just keeps getting better and better from there.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A quarter second? Dude that's 15 frames. You sure you're not highballing that?
Very much highballing in that case lol. It was likely just my imagination anyway, considering I realized my controller settings were messed up. Me having a weird jump time was likely me having Tap Jump on without realizing.

D

Deleted member

oh my ****ing god how am i just discovering this
the nostalgia im crying
this is now the only track on any pokemon stage **** your battle themes
No Pokemon game is better than your first, and Gen 4 was certainly the first. Still think it has the best soundtrack out of the series and Brawl might have helped me with that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Three weeks until Missing Link and Hellboy! :grin:

Been so far a good year for movies. Glass, Lego Movie 2, HTTYD:THW and Captain Marvel.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Was the lag bad in that match beyond the weird start, @ShotoStar? On my end it ended after a small bit and then the match was smooth. Just want to make sure.

D

Deleted member

Also did I just miss the slaughter of all of my friends? What's up with @ryumo being covered in blood and having a fifty-yard stare?

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not really the beginning few seconds was sort of laggy but beyond that it was fine.
Okay, just wanted to make sure it was the same for both of us lol. GG by the way.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
March: Us
April: Missing Link, Hellboy, Avengers: Endgame
May: Ad Astra, Brightburn, Godzilla: King of the Monsters
June: 47 Meters Down: Uncaged
July: Spider-Man: Far From Home
August: Hobbs & Shaw
September: It: Chapter Two

Tis a good year for movies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
So I was thinking, after Endgame should the general progression and power scaling of Marvel continue and we get bigger and bigger threats or should there be a "reset" and we return to the threat levels like those of Phase 2? I just feel like Marvel movies don't show any signs of stopping but power scaling is only so sustainable.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
No Pokemon game is better than your first, and Gen 4 was certainly the first. Still think it has the best soundtrack out of the series and Brawl might have helped me with that.

Gen IV has always been my least-favorite generation from a general design point, but it's definitely got its diamonds in the rough.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So I was thinking, after Endgame should the general progression and power scaling of Marvel continue and we get bigger and bigger threats or should there be a "reset" and we return to the threat levels like those of Phase 2? I just feel like Marvel movies don't show any signs of stopping but power scaling is only so sustainable.
After Endgame there should be Avengers: New Game+

D

Deleted member

Gen IV has always been my least-favorite generation from a general design point, but it's definitely got its diamonds in the rough.
It's hard for me to give an objective opinion over its structure when I just solo'd most of the game with my starter. Good times.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm betting Cap is gonna be dying for sure. Tony there's a shot he might actually retire.

Either way gonna be tons of emotions in Endgame as its a closing chapter in the MCU for the original Avengers.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm gonna use the first round as a quick connection test to make sure I don't dampen the experience for anyone lol.
I love how on the one week I can’t really play Smash online, all of the people who don’t usually join Arenas are joining.

Go figure.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Go back to Daredevil levels and have smaller heroes with more reasonable, but just as intimidating villains, imo.

D

Deleted member

I'm betting Cap is gonna be dying for sure. Tony there's a shot he might actually retire.

Either way gonna be tons of emotions in Endgame as its a closing chapter in the MCU for the original Avengers.
If the entire point of Endgame is to bring back half of the universe being killed off, I gotta question if death is even something to worry about in the next film.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's... not an inacurate description of devil trigger designs.
View attachment 200084
I wonder if that's a thing online. like how people do Gemsonas in the Steven Universe fandom, do DMC fans make their own Devil Triggers? Even if they don't I probably am now.

Assuming the whole 15 DLC characters is true we'd also be getting over 90 characters.

Increases chances of characters I want like Banjo if true.
OK. I'm finally doing a 15 character list. This isn't going to be my WISH LIST necessarily, but a list based on a fair balance of corporate greed, advertisement, and pleasing the fans.

Year 1 2019-2020
  1. Joker
  2. Erdrick
  3. Crash Bandicoot
  4. Rhythm Heaven Character
  5. Astral Chains Protagonists
Bonus Character: Fire Emblem Three Houses Character

Year 2: 2020-2021
  1. Pokémon from Pokémon Sword and Shield
  2. Steve
  3. Solaire of Astora
  4. Scorpion or Sub-Zero
  5. Dante
Bonus Character: Geno

Year 3: 2021-2022
  1. Character from Metroid Prime 4
  2. Sans
  3. Banjo-Kazooie
  4. Kratos
  5. Son Goku
I didn't say which. I intentionally left it vague. The intent is to reach out to Jump and consult Nintendo, and if either party says no then I do plan B and troll with the YuYuKi character.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If the entire point of Endgame is to bring back half of the universe being killed off, I gotta question if death is even something to worry about in the next film.
If anyone does they’ll just train with King Kai a bit and teleport back to earth

Boo yeah bringing it full circle

D

Deleted member

I wonder if that's a thing online. like how people do Gemsonas in the Steven Universe fandom, do DMC fans make their own Devil Triggers? Even if they don't I probably am now.

OK. I'm finally doing a 15 character list. This isn't going to be my WISH LIST necessarily, but a list based on a fair balance of corporate greed, advertisement, and pleasing the fans.

Year 1: The Third Parties
Joker
Erdrick
Crash Bandicoot
Fire Emblem: Three Houses Character
Astral Chains Protagonists

Pokémon from Pokémon Sword and Shield
Steve
Solaire of Astora
Scorpion or Sub-Zero
Geno

Character from Metroid Prime 4
Sans
Banjo-Kazooie
Dante
Son Goku
MFW I see Geno:
Kreygasm.jpg

Yes Please, Yes Freaking Please.
MFW I see Goku:
Wario time stops.jpg

I like Goku don't get me wrong but that would be wild. I really don't think adding Goku would do any good for Smash Bros, UNLESS Sakurai specifically states that Goku will be the ONLY 4th Party Character.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
MFW I see Geno:
View attachment 200091
Yes Please, Yes Freaking Please.
MFW I see Goku:
View attachment 200092
I like Goku don't get me wrong but that would be wild. I really don't think adding Goku would do any good for Smash Bros, UNLESS Sakurai specifically states that Goku will be the ONLY 4th Party Character.
Yes. He would be the only exception. Period. But also, this
I didn't say which. I intentionally left it vague. The intent is to reach out to Jump and consult Nintendo, and if either party says no then I do plan B and troll with the YuYuKi character.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I see what you did there.

For me personally, Gen III, Gen V, and Gen VII had the most interesting Pokémon designs. Gen IV was OK, but nothing too special.

But Gen IV gave me Giratina and Darkrai, so it’s good in my book.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
"This is Joker, and I don't think I've seen this kind of shadow before..."

"Uggh, I keep searching what myth this cup is based on, and yet I can't find any that fits this things description!!"

"Oracle, that's Cuphead…. How do you not know?! Your always on the internet ALL the time!"

"Anyway, from what I know about this clay full of liquid, all he does is shoot, shoot, and well, shoot.... OH, and he also parries and makes big shots!"

"So all I do is avoid them like any other projectile right?"

"Well yeah, but the thing is, not only does he have multiple types of shots to counter that, but he can also shoot at all angles."

"Well, that seems troubling..."

"Don't worry, they all don't make you flinch, so you don't have to worry to getting hit to much. Just counteract his own counters, and you'll be fine."

"Got it."

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Probably. Everyone has their own OC in every fandom.

It's definitely got a lot of design problems.

However... new evolutions, special/physical split, and wi-fi definitely make Platinum one of my favorites growing up.

ALSO CYNTHIA AND GARCHOMP.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Here's 73 minutes of new remixed FE music that came out yesterday. Sakurai put some of these in Smash please please please please.
Yeah you know, it's a pretty alright albu-

No, seriously anyone who hasn't heard the Tellius Games' OST go listen to them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom