• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I've been wondering this a lot lately but how come there are still people who think Brave might not be the character best suited towards the codename?
Because Goku can't get in smash he's a 4th party character, Silly!

D

Deleted member

So, maybe this is just me, but uhhhh
I dunno about you guys, but I'm calling no Direct next month and they'll just plop the info like how they did with 2.0.0. It feels way too early to have another Smash Direct, if you ask me.

Gotta save that **** for E3 and the usual "Final Presentation".

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I wonder if I could commission someone for a picture of Azura cosplaying as Jill.

Or Midna riding a Resident Evil dog.

Or Azel and Azura fuzed together by the fusion dance to become Azela.

One day I will have an avatar that satisfies me.
It is time like these I wish I could use my laptop and tablet. I would have taken the option with Midna since I have tried to draw her before. XD The hard thing might be the Fused Shadow and maybe the probably detailed skinless dog from what I might have seen one time.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I've been wondering this a lot lately but how come there are still people who think Brave might not be the character best suited towards the codename?
Because it's not 100% confirmed to be Erdrick.

If the codename Jack was leaked prior to Joker's reveal, not everyone would assume it would be Joker b/c it's not a name that's necessarily connected to him directly.

I agree that Erdrick is the most likely candidate. But I'm not putting all of my eggs in one basket if there isn't enough concrete evidence.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Because they don’t want Erdrick, that’s pretty much it.
Neither do I but I'm not going "Hmmm seems less likely to be Erdrick because my alphabet soup had the letters 'L', 'O' and 'L'"
I dunno about you guys, but I'm calling no Direct next month and they'll just plop the info like how they did with 2.0.0. It feels way too early to have another Smash Direct, if you ask me.

Ok but there's not only a new character who we've yet to even see a single actual move of, but they're adding extra modes, Seems kinda **** to unceremoniously add stuff like that with no actual marketing when you want to make people go "Wow! That's cool, me want!" and potentially get new buyers of the game and/or people to buy the DLC

D

Deleted member

Because it's not 100% confirmed to be Erdrick.

If the codename Jack was leaked prior to Joker's reveal, not everyone would assume it would be Joker b/c it's not a name that's necessarily connected to him directly.

I agree that Erdrick is the most likely candidate. But I'm not putting all of my eggs in one basket if there isn't enough concrete evidence.
Honestly the main reason I think it's Erdrick isn't just the codename, but also like the billion leakers talking about him

Wouldn't be TOO surprised if it isn't him, though. I'm like 73% there

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It is time like these I wish I could use my laptop and tablet. I would have taken the option with Midna since I have tried to draw her before. XD The hard thing might be the Fused Shadow and maybe the probably detailed skinless dog from what I might have seen one time.

It could totally work though! They both have dead, robotic eyes, they're both constantly barefoot, they both have asymmetrical coloring... just put Azel's black and white coloring onto Azura, mix their hair styles together, put on some potara earrings and BAM, Azela.

And only I will ever know what it is.

I might actually be convincing myself to find an artist now.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Neither do I but I'm not going "Hmmm seems less likely to be Erdrick because my alphabet soup had the letters 'L', 'O' and 'L'"

Ok but there's not only a new character who we've yet to even see a single actual move of, but they're adding extra modes, Seems kinda **** to unceremoniously add stuff like that with no actual marketing when you want to make people go "Wow! That's cool, me want!" and potentially get new buyers of the game and/or people to buy the DLC
Well, it’s just their emotions taking over their rational thought while yours don’t.

D

Deleted member

I am so conflicted on Erdrick and in turn Geno sometimes I think he only has a 50/50 chance and other times I feel like he's basically confirmed.

There's inconsistencies with what leakers say about Erdrick like some say he's coming soon while Tansut says he's coming way later down the road, Some say the alts are only him and Fem Erdrick while others say it's him, Alucia and Fem Erdrick but if we're to assume it's Erdrick there is no such thing as Chibi Fem Erdrick or Chibi Alucia which is conflicting info.

Yet nothing can actually be debunked about Erdrick just cause he makes so much sense it's weird. I'm probably an idiot but I feel like something's fishy about this and it's not just my Geno Bias.

D

Deleted member

It’s probably Erdrick and I’ve accepted him getting in, but it’s good to keep your mind open. Probably shouldn’t always put all your eggs in one basket, or I guess all your JRPG swordsmen in one spikey haircut.

D

Deleted member

It could totally work though! They both have dead, robotic eyes, they're both constantly barefoot, they both have asymmetrical coloring... just put Azel's black and white coloring onto Azura, mix their hair styles together, put on some potara earrings and BAM, Azela.

look man all i'm saying is that you've seen my art and you know my commissions are always open

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I don't think E3 is where you show off a 3.0.0 update for a game released the previous December. Especially since Nintendo has limited how many things they actually show off at E3 in recent years.

My money's on an April direct.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Done :troll:
Face_1.png

Metamoran fusions are better due the vest

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Face it guys. What:ultincineroar:and:ultken:were for Base is what Erdrick will be for DLC. It's coming.

Dread from it.

Run from it.

You can't escape it.

It's inevitable.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't think E3 is where you show off a 3.0.0 update for a game released the previous December. Especially since Nintendo has limited how many things they actually show off at E3 in recent years.

My money's on an April direct.
I mean seriously, are they really gonna devote TWO E3s to mostly Smash.

I do think that we'll probably get some sort of announcement of their upcoming Microsoft partnership, which MAY be coupled with a new character revealed from their library (Banjo, Steve, Master Cheif, or Cuphead). How great would it be if they also announced a new Banjo game for Switch? :)

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Honestly the main reason I think it's Erdrick isn't just the codename, but also like the billion leakers talking about him

Wouldn't be TOO surprised if it isn't him, though. I'm like 63% there
Fair enough. The amount you believe leakers is pretty much the deciding factor for whether or not you're overwhelmingly confident.

I treat DLC speculation separate from base roster speculation.

Meaning leakers have virtually no effect on me b/c they're 0 for 1 in terms of DLC characters.

I'm fine w/ people being more trusting than me w/ leakers.

I have a serious problem when people go all in on a character when it's mostly due to leaker speak and there's a lack of concrete evidence.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn't they sort of did that for Smash For? Mewtwo and Lucas were announced in Nintendo Directs, and then we had our dedicated Smash blowout at E3. I for sure don't think we're getting another Direct next month since we just had three Directs in the last month or so. I kinda expect them to just make an announcement video for 3.0.0 kinda like how Splatoon did in the past.

They have plenty of opportunities to relay Smash info, but where I'm coming from is there've been three Directs for the last month, I just can't see another one dedicated to Smash again.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I just hope Erdrick has cool alts. That one 5ch post said he’d have Anlucia, the Luminary and a female alt. Would be cool to have a few other DQ heroes as alts.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fair enough. The amount you believe leakers is pretty much the deciding factor for whether or not you're overwhelmingly confident.

I treat DLC speculation separate from base roster speculation.

Meaning leakers have virtually no effect on me b/c they're 0 for 1 in terms of DLC characters.

I'm fine w/ people being more trusting than me w/ leakers.

I have a serious problem when people go all in on a character when it's mostly due to leaker speak and there's a lack of concrete evidence.
Eh, sometimes you have to make the bet regardless of the risk. That's how Poker works.

D

Deleted member

Edrick in April, releases in May
1 character revealed at E3
Final 2 are saved for a big final presentation because of ****ing course they are

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So am I the only one preparing for disappointment given how Smash always ends Base and DLC? Especially given Nintendo is choosing.

Still predict Byleth/Edelgard, Erdrick, Gen 8 Pokemon and Steve (No way in hell is Nintendo gonna pass this opportunity up)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I just hope Erdrick has cool alts. That one 5ch said he’d have Anlucia, the Luminary and a female alt. Would be cool to have a few other DQ heroes as alts.
It makes sense Anlucia as an alt for the female model, Luminary as an alt for the male.

When people say that dosn't make sense because Square, remember that they not only have cloud, but also the rights to Midgar and about 5 summons. I say that the two could somewhat equate, Especially if Square wants to advertise the franchise AND appeal to it's legacy fans.

So am I the only one preparing for disappointment given how Smash always ends Base and DLC? Especially given Nintendo is choosing.

Still predict Byleth/Edelgard, Erdrick, Gen 8 Pokemon and Steve (No way in hell is Nintendo gonna pass this opportunity up)
I admit it is a possibility, but Nintendo has been more open to the opinions of their fan bases in recent years. So it's not 100% likely that the DLC will be entirely disappointing either. Joker is a character I'd NEVER have thought Nintendo would pick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Face it guys. What:ultincineroar:and:ultken:were for Base is what Erdrick will be for DLC. It's coming.

Dread from it.

Run from it.

You can't escape it.

It's inevitable.
I can escape I can just leave the Smash Community for a month if I really wanted to and not buy him but I won't because I'm not that sensitive. The only thing I'll do is likely not buy him.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Final 2 are saved for a big final presentation because of ****ing course they are
"they'll stagger all the characters out in reasonable intervals," says person who doesn't remember the ryu-cloud drought

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I admit it is a possibility, but Nintendo has been more open to the opinions of their fan bases in recent years. So it's not 100% likely that the DLC will be entirely disappointing either. Joker is a character I'd NEVER have thought Nintendo would pick.
I truly do hope you are right.

Fair point too I forgot about Joker apparently so there's hope they maybe learning from their last decisions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom