• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Oh god this again. This isn’t Roger Rabbit. It’s not a movie with cartoon characters in the real world. Boots is an actual living thing in this world. They NEED to change the design to something more realistic so it blends.

I will never understand why people get so rigidly attached to character designs. It is so ****ing annoying.
It was joke. Jeez, people can be so over sensitive.

And it doesn’t change the fact that the idea of Dora getting a Live Action CGI movie isn’t already eye-browning.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Like when the person is right on your *** for some reason. They are dumb enough to be right on you, but smart enough to not ram into you because they know unmarked police are eeeeverywhere in VB
There are assholes around here who like to tailgate you at night with those unnecessarily bright headlights

D

Deleted member

Oh god this again. This isn’t Roger Rabbit. It’s not a movie with cartoon characters in the real world. Boots is an actual living thing in this world. They NEED to change the design to something more realistic so it blends.

I will never understand why people get so rigidly attached to character designs. It is so ****ing annoying.
His name is Boots because he wears boots, so why the **** is he not wearing boots here? That's literally his identity.

Get off your high horse.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I cannot believe people on here are genuinely getting upset over the lack of canoncity about a show for toddlers.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I cannot believe people on here are genuinely getting upset over the lack of canoncity about a show for toddlers.
it's literally his ****ing namesake
also a lot of us probably grew up watching the show
funny story about that: my first word was actually "Doda." my dad thought it was "Dada" but nope, it was supposed to be "Dora." I know that because my mom told me I always came running into the room saying "Doda Doda Doda Doda" when the theme song came on

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Speaking of non-canon timelines, remember the Littlest Pet Shop arc of Dragon Ball Z?
It was wild. @GothFluttershy the reason why Zoe won't make it in is because Sakurai hates Dragon Ball

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I have to admit, the idea is so weird that I kind of love it. It’s less an adaptation and more of an Elseworld.
Yeah...

This is gonna be one those movies, alongside Sonic, where I am curious to see exactly how they'll pull it off...

Bizarre experiments like these, are fun, and I wish more studios would try to do some more crazy stuff like this...

Paramount, you are blessing to this world.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Friendly reminder that The Prince of All Cosmos would be really fun to play as in Smash and nobody can convince me otherwise

Quick, Prince, roll up my double posts :(

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah but why is Dora so tall and why is Boots so small and where are Boots Boots and why doesnt Backpack have a face and why isnt The Map floating beside Dora and-
Remember when Level-5 wanted to do a life action Professor Layton movie?

But really what is up with the whole cartoony videogame/cartoon in a life action movie meme these days? (Then again, this has been a thing for a long time now)

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Imagine an alternate universe where Sakurai just said **** you to the competetive scene and made Smash the party game he wants it to be. Imagine how much more interesting the games would be.
So basically it would be played a lot in the first month then abandoned by most people?

Most casuals I know do not stay for long periods of time. Smash can be mindless fun but people prefer the simplicity of Mario Party and Mario Kart for that.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Remember when Level-5 wanted to do a life action Professor Layton movie?

But really what is up with the whole cartoony videogame/cartoon in a life action movie meme these days? (Then again, this has been a thing for a long time now)
layton without dot eyes isn't layton

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Wasn’t Capcom planning to do a live action Mega Man movie? Is that still on the way?
And remember when Kenji Inafune wanted to do a Mighty No. 9 live action movie?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So basically it would be played a lot in the first month then abandoned by most people?

Most casuals I know do not stay for long periods of time. Smash can be mindless fun but people prefer the simplicity of Mario Party and Mario Kart for that.
I’m pretty much a casual (don’t play online and rarely against other people, I just beat up the computer. I also keep items on and the only stages I NEVER use are Final D and the Battlefields, they’re just so boring) and I still go back at lest once a week and play a few matches. It’s a fun game. And people keep trying to make it less fun by making it into a sport.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m pretty much a casual (don’t play online and rarely against other people, I just beat up the computer. I also keep items on and the only stages I NEVER use are Final D and the Battlefields, they’re just so boring) and I still go back at lest once a week and play a few matches. It’s a fun game. And people keep trying to make it less fun by making it into a sport.
The glory of Smash is that you can play it however you want and not really affect anyone else by doing it.

The downside to that is that everyone keeps worrying about the other side way too much for that to matter.

People can play it as an e-sport without affecting how fun it'd be casually.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wasn’t Capcom planning to do a live action Mega Man movie? Is that still on the way?
At least, that is the plan...

Though assuming it's being worked on by 20th Century Fox, I won't be surprised if it gets canned after this whole Disney acquisition.

Either that, or it gets brought to another studio

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The glory of Smash is that you can play it however you want and not really affect anyone else by doing it.

The downside to that is that everyone keeps worrying about the other side way too much for that to matter.

People can play it as an e-sport without affecting how fun it'd be casually.
I just wish I was allowed to play on other stages and with items when I play with other people. I’m a Snake player, literally and metaphorically. I’m a master of equipment procured on sight. Items are part of my strategy when I play.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
1. I liked that image so much I’m gonna make it my avatar
2. FFVII is on Switch today in North America

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'd assume because this is gonna be a more serious take on the franchise, to help also appeal to the older kids...

But still, trying to make a more edgy take on a preschool show? WHY?
Well, I'd rather they make Dora more edgy then Barney(zilla) and Friends.

Besides they gotta ease people in, since Blue's Clue is the next edgy movie they're gonna be working on, and you know Sesame Street is probably working on Batman vs Super Grover.

... What in world was in my tea this morning?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just wish I was allowed to play on other stages and with items when I play with other people. I’m a Snake player, literally and metaphorically. I’m a master of equipment procured on sight. Items are part of my strategy when I play.
There are loads of people out there that refuse to play with items off or on "boring" stages, you just have to look in the right places.

I'd wager the casual crowd heavily outweighs the competitive crowd, with a lot of people being in the middle, like me.

You only hear the loudest people on either extreme though

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Speaking of faithfulness in live-action adaptations, few films take as many liberties as the Mario movie

I mean what the flying **** was going on there. I guess that's why Miyamoto will be breathing down Illumination's necks for the next one, though it could've been fun if another studio was involved and it was allowed to just run wild with ideas.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Elevator pitch: live action Persona movie. Not a strict adaptation of any one game, but an original story with original characters that uses the same basic elements. The same way the story changes from game to game v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom