• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

1 to 3 are the hardest to get into. Didn't we already talk a lot about this in the SE thread?
There was tons of it somewhere. :p
4 onwards are all pretty good. Some say dont start with 7 or 9. Also, i like 6 but didnt see a lot of recommends for that one.
So, 4, 5, 8, or 11.
I did in fact bring it up at the Square thread but I really didn't enjoy the game I played that much and I forgot all of the suggestions so I wanted to ask again.
DQ 1, 2 and 3 are a bit difficult to get into. I would recommend checking 5, 8, or 11, although 11 soundtrack is a bit weak.

Edit: Got:ultgreninja:
I'm considering buying DQ 11 when the switch version comes out though.

D

Deleted member

Joke: Enchanted Diamond Armor
Woke: Leather Armor
Super Woke: Gold Armor
Extremely Woke: Enchanted Diamond Armor with Curse of Vanishing not in Hardcore Mode

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Looking back at Gen VII for a bit, I just want to say I hate Battle Royal with a passion.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I did in fact bring it up at the Square thread but I really didn't enjoy the game I played that much and I forgot all of the suggestions so I wanted to ask again.

I'm considering buying DQ 11 when the switch version comes out though.
I would recommend 3 if there'd actually be a remaster after the snes. It still has a light class system and is cool.
DQ4 doesn't have much that's unique for the gameplay, but you can switch party members in battle if youre not in dungeons which is cool.

lots of people love 5. there's monster recruiting.
6 has a good class system.
8 is good, but standard imo.
and youre waiting for 11 so nvm that one i guess.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Looking back at Gen VII for a bit, I just want to say I hate Battle Royal with a passion.
Really?

That was like the most fun addition of Sun and Moon

Especially the part where you jumped out of the battle bus and fell onto the map, where 99 other people were out to get you...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would recommend 3 if there'd actually be a remaster after the snes. It still has a light class system and is cool.
DQ4 doesn't have much that's unique for the gameplay, but you can switch party members in battle if youre not in dungeons which is cool.

lots of people love 5. there's monster recruiting.
6 has a good class system.
8 is good, but standard imo.
and youre waiting for 11 so nvm that one i guess.
Hmm.. I'm gonna go on a leap of faith and test out DQ5 if I like that one I'll try 6.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't see myself on the list I think you might've forgotten to list my suggestions
Oh **** that's why I was experiencing problems lol.

Seeing how Shoto got his in so early, I'm sorry, but Cla's Broken Phone and Shulker are eliminated.

Already killing people before the tournament. Just how I like it. :^)

D

Deleted member

Minecraft has been around for a decade. Literally in a month and a half.
I am not talking about when it finished Beta. :p

D

Deleted member

then take a break from games
I guess I could do that, but I'd never really had a time in my life without games. It'd be so weird for a few days, though I'm not opposed to the idea!
Did you ever figure out who the Masked Royal was? I'm still scratching my head, do you think it could Professor Sycamore with a tan?

D

Deleted member

You can't go wrong with that one.
And if you like 3d better, then dq8 is good.
I might try out DQ8 if I dislike either of the ones I previously mentioned so Thanks for the help I really appreciate it!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I guess I could do that, but I'd never really had a time in my life without games. It'd be so weird for a few days, though I'm not opposed to the idea!

Did you ever figure out who the Masked Royal was? I'm still scratching my head, do you think it could Professor Sycamore with a tan?
It's Hau's dad. He never left Alola at all!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I gotta ask, in terms of a DQ character, would any of these guys that appeared in Fortune Street have any shot in Smash let alone over Erdrick?
View attachment 198970
Just those in the screenshot? cuz i'm guessing there's much more than those.

Not 'over' erdrick since none of those are main characters, but Jessica and Angelo are pretty popular.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I gotta ask, in terms of a DQ character, would any of these guys that appeared in Fortune Street have any shot in Smash let alone over Erdrick?
View attachment 198970
I'd say Slime would have a fair shot, assuming he's probably the most iconic part of the series

Some people would also probably say Jessica, but those people have their priorities in the wrong place

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I might try out DQ8 if I dislike either of the ones I previously mentioned so Thanks for the help I really appreciate it!
I think that people tend to like DQ8's story more than DQ6. So if you do end up choosing between those two, it'd maybe be between story(dq8) and a class system (dq6). besides 3d/2d

I dont have the best assessment when it comes to story. So I'd defer to other people if it came to ranking that :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So is 10 like the black sheep or something?
View attachment 198970
Realistically, probably Slime is the one with the best shot of these considering it is the mascot of the series. Dragonlord would come after most likely considering he is the first game main villain and he appears frequently as a bonus boss. The other characters are pretty much party members with the exception of Stella, Patty (which are side characters) and Platypunk (which is a monster). From the party members, Alena is certainly one of the most popular ones.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'd say Slime would have a fair shot, assuming he's probably the most iconic part of the series

Some people would also probably say Jessica, but those people have their priorities in the wrong place
Wademan94 Wademan94 I didnt mention slime because i thought that was a given, but yeah, slime has a chance :p

-

I gotta go take a break. I dunno what's going to happen with the hunger games, but maybe ill be back in time or will survive long enough :p

D

Deleted member

No one talks about :ultjigglypuff::ultbowserjr::ultcorrinf::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultpacman::ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultfalco: that much in general.
( Okay, less with Marth, but still. Marth is literally outplaced by Lucina. )
I am aware of the Fire Emblem talk in here, so I guess Corrin / Marth do not apply in SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom