• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Question for all y'all:

Would you be interested in me posting a Generationlocke on this forum?

I tried to do a challenge mode Generationlocke a while ago but I ragequit in Kanto, and I want to try again. I didn't get a lot of responses in r/nuzlocke though, and I thought you'd all enjoy my postings more than they did.

Let me know what you guys would think about that.
What's a generationlocke?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Question for all y'all:

I tried to do a challenge mode Generationlocke a while ago but I ragequit in Kanto, and I want to try again. I didn't get a lot of responses in r/nuzlocke though, and I thought you'd all enjoy my postings more than they did.

Yeah sure.
What's the rules for this one? Nuzlocke but only new pokemon introduced in each region?

D

Deleted member

Question for all y'all:

I mean I don't care either way so if you want to do one go right ahead.

I mean Nightmare Wizard dies, so DDD never had to pay his debt again.
Thanks to Kirby, DDD never has to pay his debt.
Kirby both does Taxes and saved Dedede from crippling debt? Now that's a true hero. No wonder he survived galeem this boyo is pure and innocent.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Got 12 slots left. I'm not gonna be image hunting this time only because 50 images is too crazy even for me.

Instead I'll use a spoiler to showcase the list and the votes.

D

Deleted member

also how do you make your signature the "Anyone is Here" thing? I see people use it but I don't know how to make something like that for my Sig.

Hopefully the person who made it is okay with me using that template.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
also how do you make your signature the "Anyone is Here" thing? I see people use it but I don't know how to make something like that for my Sig.

Hopefully the person who made it is okay with me using that template.
Open Paint
Get images of favorite characters
Paste them to a big landscape image
Cut/Paste "Anyone is Here" from someone else

Badda bing, badda boom.

D

Deleted member

Got 12 slots left. I'm not gonna be image hunting this time only because 50 images is too crazy even for me.

Instead I'll use a spoiler to showcase the list and the votes.
Oh, I thought you were adding TheGentlePanda to our Minecraft realm.

D

Deleted member

Open Paint
Get images of favorite characters
Paste them to a big landscape image
Cut/Paste "Anyone is Here" from someone else

Badda bing, badda boom.
What's a big landscape image? I understand the rest I just never heard of that though

D

Deleted member

The Noipoi route involves you trying to impress this cute girl, but her over eager blue-haired younger brother really wants to be your friend. Eventually the friendship overtakes the whole route.

There, now we don't have to call the FBI ;)
lol why would i ever want to be friends with some nerd who like httyd

im gonna kick this blue haired loser in the ribs

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What's a generationlocke?
It's a nuzlocke ironman run. Essentially you go through multiple games (each one with a different generation) and nuzlocke them all.

For those who don't know, there are three main rules of a nuzlocke:
  1. You can only catch the first Pokémon on each new route
  2. You must nickname all Pokémon
  3. If a Pokémon faints it is considered dead and cannot be used again.
Yeah sure.
What's the rules for this one? Nuzlocke but only new pokemon introduced in each region?
Pretty much. Adding on rules for a generationlocke onto the above rules:
  1. Pokémon who survive a given run are transferred to the next game
  2. Species of Pokémon who survive a given run cannot be used again (i.e. if I have an Alakazam on my winning team in Firered Omega, I can't catch the Abra line in subsequent runs)
Of course, this isn't accounting for additional rules or clauses, of which I will have a good amount to even the odds just a little bit.

For reference, here's the order of games I'd be playing:

Firered Omega -> Sacred Gold -> Renegade Platinum -> Blaze Black 2 -> Rising Ruby -> Neo Y -> Umbra Moon -> Sword (if possible)

Those are all challenge mode hacks of existing Pokémon games designed to be extremely difficult. I'll be suffering a fair bit for all of y'all who want to see that.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Ah... finally caught up on sleep from yesterday.

Arenam anyone?
In about 30 minutes. Gotta get some food first.

Question for all y'all:

Sure, why not. I’m not the biggest fan of Nuzlockes, but limiting it to only Pokémon from a certain generation could make it more interesting for me.

D

Deleted member

It's a nuzlocke ironman run. Essentially you go through multiple games (each one with a different generation) and nuzlocke them all.

For those who don't know, there are three main rules of a nuzlocke:
  1. You can only catch the first Pokémon on each new route
  2. You must nickname all Pokémon
  3. If a Pokémon faints it is considered dead and cannot be used again.

Pretty much. Adding on rules for a generationlocke onto the above rules:
  1. Pokémon who survive a given run are transferred to the next game
  2. Species of Pokémon who survive a given run cannot be used again (i.e. if I have an Alakazam on my winning team in Firered Omega, I can't catch the Abra line in subsequent runs)
Of course, this isn't accounting for additional rules or clauses, of which I will have a good amount to even the odds just a little bit.

For reference, here's the order of games I'd be playing:

Firered Omega -> Sacred Gold -> Renegade Platinum -> Blaze Black 2 -> Rising Ruby -> Neo Y -> Umbra Moon -> Sword (if possible)

Those are all challenge mode hacks of existing Pokémon games designed to be extremely difficult. I'll be suffering a fair bit for all of y'all who want to see that.
Bah, there are too many variations these days. Back in my day we only had the Pokemon Hard Mode comic, and that was enough.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I forgot that SilvaGunner once did actual music rips. I was really expecting the Flinstones theme or Snow Halation.
this is the real guy

there's the real guy and then there's the parody meme account

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom