• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Guess I'll do my top 15 characters too (I'm excluding AT & some of these characters are echoes):

1. Bandana Waddle Dee
2. Elma
3. KOS-MOS
4. T-elos (Echo of KOS-MOS)
5. Bravely Default Rep
6. Edelgard
7. Anna (FE Heroes) (Echo of Edelgard)
8. Impa (Echo of Sheik)
9. Joker (forgot to put him here originally, sorry Banjo)
10. Shantae
11. Reimu
12. Granblue Fantasy Rep
13. Tails
14. Dry Bowser (Echo of Bowser)
15. Medusa (Echo of Palutena)

I'll update my signature a bit later w/ these characters.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My top 15.

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Elma
3. Black Shadow
4. Medusa
5. Sylux
6. Agumon
7. Nightmare
8. Crash Bandicoot
9. Phoenix Wright
10. Doom Slayer
11. Spyro the Dragon
12. Isaac
13. Geno
14. Chorus Kids
15. Rayman

Last four are for the supporters.

D

Deleted member

Did I miss anything?

It actually IS insensitive. You're conflating your own thoughts on gender with gender identity. Transgendered people don't identify just because they feel like it. It's about who they are at their core. Don't conflate 'identifying' with core identity. Someone simply crossdressing could identify with the opposite gender while they're doing so, but it's not their core identity. There's nothing wrong with any of it but it's still pretty key to understand the difference, moving forward.
There are odd cases, like gender-fluidity, but that's its own complex subject in transgenderism.

It's normal for people to project from their own experience and knowledge. Just maybe be aware that you're doing it, and know that it goes way further and deeper than what you've been talking about. It can be very unpleasant for someone transgendered to talk with someone who thinks likey ou've brought up. Being sensitive means understanding them deeper is part of it, as well as making an effort to respect who they are beyond the surface, in addition to what they think and feel.

Your body is your body. Who you are is who you are. It's psychological, and some might say beyond that as well.
Who are at the core? So how they feel? Same difference, it's just semantics. Unless you mean to the core to the point where we could objectively analyze. In that case, yes, Shish and I very much have the same aesthetic we want to achieve. That's one of the things we built our friendship on. The reason why I go by he and she goes by she boils down to how we feel. I know how deep it goes, it goes beyond what you're saying because people literally do make up genders for themselves. There's no official list of genders, it's pretty subjective and honestly it wouldn't be much of a thing if Tumblr culture didn't come along recently.

So it is much like otherkin? Sure sounds like it, as that is considered psychological and even spiritual. It's based upon how they feel about their identity. I know the word feel probably has you tripped up because so many people think that feelings are irrelevant. But no, they dictate a lot of who you are, they aren't trivial.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I got a feelin Smash is gonna introduce a Battle Royale style update

Though there’s probably nothin to fear

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what needs a spiritual sequel, Poker Night at the Inventory. I want to play poker with more weird characters from all over multi-media. Imagine playing poker against Dante from Devil May Cry.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I got a feelin Smash is gonna introduce a Battle Royale style update

Though there’s probably nothin to fear
Watch as they silently drop Jonesy from Fortnite in that same update, so when we people go to the css, they'll think they're imaging things...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've been wondering, what are you guys' favorite Pokemon? It's not the most original question, but I still want to know!

Here are mine!

Blaziken, Blastoise, Krookodile, Incineroar, Infernape, Scoliopede, Ampharaos, Stoutland, Greninja, Crobat, Houndoom, Metagross, Dragonite, Charizard, Sceptile, Elektross, Staraptor.

I'm sure I'm missing a few that I really like, but those are some of my favorites, not to mention probably misspelling quite a few too.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Honestly, I don't really think Qwilfish needs an evolution. It's already pretty potent in combat, and with its current kit, Eviolite Qwilfish might even be too good, what with its already solid defense, resistance to Water and Fairy, access to Intimidate, Thunder Wave, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and whatnot.
Eh, maybe. It'd have insane physical bulk, but 55 special defense times 2 is only 110. That's really good, yeah, but Toxapex would still be kinda better in most ways.
I dunno, Qwilfish' Defense is 85, which when doubled becomes 190.

Considering there are Pokémon out there with well over 200 Defense (Regirock, Steelix, Aggron, Shuckle and Mega Aggron), that's really good but not exactly Game Breaking.

Especially since, as Brelooming Disaster said. it's Special Defense would only be Base 110, Special Attacks of the Electric, Psychic and Ground types would still damage Qwilfish pretty badly.

Not to mention that Eviolite Chansey gets Base 210 Special Defence (though it's Physical Defense still leaves a lot to be desired).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Aww Yes!

But who would be in it?
If I just had to pick 4, this time I'd go with Dante (Devil May Cry), Doc Brown (Back to the Future), Bruce Wayne (DC Comics), and.... you know what, bring back Ash Williams! But honestly, I'd love it if there was a rotating cast of a bunch of different characters. Spice up each individual play through. Imagine Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark playing poker. Bugs Bunny, Doctor Who, MatPat, Bonnie from FNAF (Wink if you get the reference).

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, TOP 15 characters? I had trouble coming up for 10 before the game launched. You'd have to give me a minute to think it out.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Here's the only one that matters.

Hot take, Lucario being the gen 4 mascot and Smash character was a wasted opportunity and Garchomp should've been the Smash character.
#facts
You're right honestly.

D

Deleted member

On a more serious note, it's probably this.

8b703e7f44d5521f557c80eb0902fd96.jpg

Lots of Gen 1 and 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Oooh a favorite pokemon of each type chart meme thing? i remember filling one out before USUM came out.. course that was per generation too. Anyone care to put a link?

D

Deleted member

I dunno, Qwilfish' Defense is 85, which when doubled becomes 190.

Considering there are Pokémon out there with well over 200 Defense (Regirock, Steelix, Aggron, Shuckle and Mega Aggron), that's really good but not exactly Game Breaking.

Especially since, as Brelooming Disaster said. it's Special Defense would only be Base 110, Special Attacks of the Electric, Psychic and Ground types would still damage Qwilfish pretty badly.

Not to mention that Eviolite Chansey gets Base 210 Special Defence (though it's Physical Defense still leaves a lot to be desired).
To be fair, those physically defensive Pokemon you listed have underwhelming types and/or HP stats, and Intimidate makes it's defense effectively to even higher against most Pokemon. But still, I think Toxapex would still be a bit better in the long run. Recover for reliable recovery, access to Regenerator for even more longevity, and Haze to prevent it from being set-up bait. These are things that Qwilfish doesn't really have, and the entry hazards niche that Qwilfish has is shared with Toxapex.

But don't get me wrong! Evolite Qwilfish would be amazing! I just think saying it would be too good would be a little bit of a stretch. That's just my opinion, though!

D

Deleted member

It's mostly a love it or hate it sort of thing. It did some things really well. It did others really poorly. It mainly depends on what you as a consumer are looking for.

That and people in general are more vocal about what they dislike over what they like. Generally it's easier to pinpoint things you dislike.
See, how I see it with RPGs mostly is with a pseudo-5 star rating, but these are what I look for: Music, Characters, Gameplay, Writing and Landscape/Ethos. From what I've always heard, some parts of the gameplay, for sure some things in the character department and definitely writing, where all the main glaring stuff lies on whenever I saw talks of the games.

And if I'm gonna pull in over 30 hours at least in an RPG, all those things are kinda amplified a bit more, lol. I just thought from what I've heard out of those five things for Fates that it was pretty lacking. That, and I guess the staggered release of multiple versions, which had always been weird to me.

Troykv

Smash Master
Am I late to the 15 Characters thing possibility?

My only wish is actually Micaiah; but I would like to see many things that you had talk about.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well I already did my top 15 Smash characters so...

I've been wondering, what are you guys' favorite Pokemon? It's not the most original question, but I still want to know!

Here are mine!

I purposely excluded all Legendary/Mythical Pokemon & Ultra Beasts, since if I didn't, almost all of the types would be filled by them:
a978f58683ffb34dd1e226f64189647a.jpg

Honorable mentions to Charizard, Tyranitar, Aggron, Metagross, Flygon, Serperior, Maractus, Zoroark, Hydreigon, and Minior.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Am I late to the 15 Characters thing possibility?

My only wish is actually Micaiah; but I would like to see many things that you had talk about.
If it is it'd be the biggest "I told you so " I ever had to anyone who doubted multiple season passes.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Who are at the core? So how they feel? Same difference, it's just semantics. Unless you mean to the core to the point where we could objectively analyze. In that case, yes, Shish and I very much have the same aesthetic we want to achieve. That's one of the things we built our friendship on. The reason why I go by he and she goes by she boils down to how we feel. I know how deep it goes, it goes beyond what you're saying because people literally do make up genders for themselves. There's no official list of genders, it's pretty subjective and honestly it wouldn't be much of a thing if Tumblr culture didn't come along recently.

So it is much like otherkin? Sure sounds like it, as that is considered psychological and even spiritual. It's based upon how they feel about their identity. I know the word feel probably has you tripped up because so many people think that feelings are irrelevant. But no, they dictate a lot of who you are, they aren't trivial.
I don't disagree with you on a more advanced level, but differences exist and they're important at this stage for progress in culture. Transgenderism is key because people naturally identify with gender, some of it is nature, and the rest is culture. Identities like otherkin are not human, so it is not in our nature or culture, Psychology can explain it in other ways, and it's a subject that's worth exploring once we've established a more stable basis first.

It's important not to lump in everyone together. And also to respect the different gender identities first, because it's crucial to moving on forward. There have been too much suffering including suicides. Those who suffer from it need more care. Though everyone deserves respect, aiming for harmony.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Guess I should’ve waited to post this then?
I just realized I haven’t posted my 15 yet, allow me to remedy that:

1. Shantae
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Rayman
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Nightmare
6. Dixie Kong
7. WarioWare character (Mona, 9-Volt, Kat & Ana, Jimmy T, etc.)
8. Cynthia (Garchomp, Milotic, Spiritomb)
9. Fawful
10. Rex and Pyra
11. Geno
12. Lloyd Irving
13. Dr. Coyle
14. Elma
15. Erdrick

D

Deleted member

**** me, 15 characters? Nah mate.
1. Uhhh Takamaru I guess
2. Geno/Banjo interchangeably
3. Isaac for his fans?
After that there's a bunch of characters I think would be cool, but I'm not really super passionate about any character tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom