• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't hate you, all I'm saying is your personal experience with it does not mean everyone else has the same experience as you have
Thank you. All I'm trying to get it is that it's not something that's so easily jumped into and one should be considerate on whether or not they're really trans. And it's something that takes lots of time. It can take years or even decades even, it's definitely not something people should be peer pressured into. As that's what I've been seeing a lot of and experienced myself.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
when you set out a nice plan of five DLC characters and intend to announce your long-awaited retirement immediately afterwards but then the first character you reveal is so popular and financially-successful through the fighter's pass that furukawa rings you up and tells you you have to do it for two more years with ten more characters

View attachment 198486
I wonder if I'll ever get to take a break.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>The year is 2038
>Sakurai's health has been poor due age
>Poor man can't lift his arms well
>Nintendo decides to go foward with Smash 16 without him
>At the programming room
>Some dev is arranging some files on a computer
>Someone kicks the door away
>Sakurai
>He appears with a new cybernetic exoskeletal body and feels stronger as ever.
>Sakurai dashes at the speed of sound to the computer and grabs the mouse from the dev
>"The Waluigi files go in the Assist Trophy folder"

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Doing Laundry sucks so here's my belated "15 most wanted characters" list. Keeping them fairly realistic otherwise I'd have characters like Harp Note overtaking the list.

1. Geno
2. Lyn (RIP)
3. Rex & Pyra/Mythra (RIP?)
4. Bandana Dee
5. Tails
6. Ray mk II
7. Celica
8. Shantate
9. Phoenix Wright
10. Sora
11. Amaterasu
12. Neku Sakaraba
13. Waluigi
14. Chibi Robo
15. Will literally give up other characters for Palutena-style "Navigator" guidances with the Persona 5 crew.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
D

Deleted member

>The year is 2038
>Sakurai's health has been poor due age
>Poor man can't lift his arms well
>Nintendo decides to go foward with Smash 16 without him
>At the programming room
>Some dev is arranging some files on a computer
>Someone kicks the door away
>Sakurai
>He appears with a new cybernetic exoskeletal body and feels stronger as ever.
>Sakurai dashes at the speed of sound to the computer and grabs the mouse from the dev
>"The Waluigi files go in the Assist Trophy folder"
Mecha-Sakurai is then sent back in time to assassinate Shigeru Miyamoto before he can lead the resistance against future Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

when you set out a nice plan of five DLC characters and intend to announce your long-awaited retirement immediately afterwards but then the first character you reveal is so popular and financially-successful through the fighter's pass that furukawa rings you up and tells you you have to do it for two more years with ten more characters

View attachment 198486
Sakurai looking like he imagines death to be nice.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Thank you. All I'm trying to get it is that it's not something that's so easily jumped into and one should be considerate on whether or not they're really trans. And it's something that takes lots of time. It can take years or even decades even, it's definitely not something people should be peer pressured into. As that's what I've been seeing a lot of and experienced myself.
Who in the world gets peer pressured into being trans or getting SRS

D

Deleted member

Here's the only one that matters.

Hot take, Lucario being the gen 4 mascot and Smash character was a wasted opportunity and Garchomp should've been the Smash character.
#facts
Flygon is a cooler Dragon/Ground Pokemon fricking fight me

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hot take, Lucario being the gen 4 mascot and Smash character was a wasted opportunity and Garchomp should've been the Smash character.
#facts
I could kill you and no one would miss you. That's your opinion and I respect it, although I do not agree with it, myself.

D

Deleted member

Who in the world gets peer pressured into being trans or getting SRS
Plenty of people, but I doubt they're comfortable with mentioning it, as it's an easy way to get a ton of flak. It's not peer pressure as in "hey kid, wanna be trans?" it's more so that being trans alone gives you that much more value within certain social circles. That's why I did it back in the day, it made me feel a lot more welcomed within the circle of friends I in. Made it feel like I was special for being trans.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Here's mine. Might edit it later.
You have good tastes in Grass types!
Qwilfish is my number one.

Marowak, Klefki, Chandelure, Sawsbuck, Castform, Shiftry, Ribombee, Unfezant, and Ursaring round out the top ten, but aren't ordered.
Qwilfish needs an ocean mine evolution tbh

D

Deleted member

I wonder if I'll ever get to take a break.
At Sakurai's Funeral

*Miyamoto Walks Up*
Miyamoto: "Mr. Sakurai, we need you to work on the next Super Smash Bros game. Your contract will last ten years. Do you accept?"

Sakurai:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
K. Rool has everything you could ask for. Good recovery. Decently fast attacks, range, and good projectiles.

I would imagine Spongebob being a close quarters fighter, with some projectiles to round him out, like Mario.
WTF is up with the quotes in this post?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You have good tastes in Grass types!

Qwilfish needs an ocean mine evolution tbh
Honestly, I don't really think Qwilfish needs an evolution. It's already pretty potent in combat, and with its current kit, Eviolite Qwilfish might even be too good, what with its already solid defense, resistance to Water and Fairy, access to Intimidate, Thunder Wave, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and whatnot.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I can’t tell if I’m getting better or worse at this Battle Royale thing in Call of Duty

On one hand: I can’t win a single game
Other hand: I unlocked a character

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Did I miss anything?

It's not insensitive. It's literally how they feel and there's a ton of different genders, I'd probably be identified as adrogyne, that's the gender that matches my identity, how I feel. Hence "whatever they feel like".

I'm not saying that otherkin are exactly the same, but they're undeniably similar. They identify the way they do because that's how they feel about their identity.

What you feel like doesn't change you really are though. Hence where it gets messy when you start conflating gender and sex. You can call me anything, I wouldn't bat an eye, but I'm still a male regardless. I've been mistaken for a woman but if I were to be objectively analyzed I'd be male. I know there's intersex people, but they're still either male or female with a characteristic or some of the opposite sex. They're not a third sex.
It actually IS insensitive. You're conflating your own thoughts on gender with gender identity. Transgendered people don't identify just because they feel like it. It's about who they are at their core. Don't conflate 'identifying' with core identity. Someone simply crossdressing could identify with the opposite gender while they're doing so, but it's not their core identity. There's nothing wrong with any of it but it's still pretty key to understand the difference, moving forward.
There are odd cases, like gender-fluidity, but that's its own complex subject in transgenderism.

It's normal for people to project from their own experience and knowledge. Just maybe be aware that you're doing it, and know that it goes way further and deeper than what you've been talking about. It can be very unpleasant for someone transgendered to talk with someone who thinks like you've brought up. Being sensitive means understanding them deeper as part of it, as well as making an effort to respect who they are beyond the surface, in addition to what they think and feel.

Your body is your body. Who you are is who you are. It's psychological, and some might say beyond that as well.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master

Attachments

D

Deleted member

Eviolite Qwilfish might even be too good
Eh, maybe. It'd have insane physical bulk, but 55 special defense times 2 is only 110. That's really good, yeah, but Toxapex would still be kinda better in most ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom