• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Traditionally grown is better honestly. Labs are... complicated as the people in charge don't have anyone's best interest at heart.
Every corporate business has their bottom line as their main focus.

If processed meat is the future and I can go down the highway without letting the stench of 2000 cows assault my nose, while also eventually enjoying guilt free meat? Then hell yeah, I support this hyper-dystopian processed meat future.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Plus commercially available labgrown meat comes with another benefit: the removal of the necessity for deforestation to expand cattle grazing grounds. It saves a ton of space.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Every corporate business has their bottom line as their main focus.

If processed meat is the future and I can go down the highway without letting the stench of 2000 cows assault my nose, while also eventually enjoying guilt free meat? Then hell yeah, I support this hyper-dystopian processed meat future.
True. I don't really eat meat anymore myself so for the people that want it fine by me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
you know the daily mail might be tabloid trash that stokes racism across the nation but i'll be damned if they don't have a way with words

1552673978919.png

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
for real tho why is takeout pizza so expensive

i could go for one right now if it didn't cost me the price of an indie game for a medium
Pizza where I'm at is super cheap, depending on where you go. Domino's has an $8 carryout deal for a 3-topping large or pan pizza.

However, it seems you're in Europe. When I went to Switzerland last year, I ordered a medium pizza from Domino's, and it was way more expensive than that, and was smaller in height than a normal medium pizza here.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Plus commercially available labgrown meat comes with another benefit: the removal of the necessity for deforestation to expand cattle grazing grounds. It saves a ton of space.
Still. The big question would be what would lab grown meat be made of? Trash? Plastic bags?

D

Deleted member

mfw its last stock and im winning 30 to 140 and i try to style and parry through a stray ganon fsmash to be cool and badass but i drop shield too early and lose the game because of it
Screenshot_2019-03-13-20-46-46.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I do kinda agree. I think we are slowly kinda erasing too much of the gap between girly boys and transwomen. I always feels bad for young people who become trans due to lack of understanding and end up de-trans after realizing their mistake.
See, it's not even left vs center. It's left vs slightly center left. A lot of people who are thrown to the side start out as allies. It's really just a difference of a few key different ideas. Such as going out of one's way to support everything trans related no questions asked even though it can lead to lots of pain, contrary to supporting trans people cautiously because it's a very touchy issue with not much research on it. The latter are labeled as transphobes for even questioning anything gender related.

It rarely is seen to include drag queens and tomboys. Some might use the term queer, which isn't really an insulting term but often has been as wider umbrella term, including homosexuality too. And transexual also means someone who has or is transitioning.

I think that rather than coming from too much idealism, it'd be beneficial to inform yourself on how people talk about these things in the communities, so that you can avoid even further losses of friends that are in those realms. You do come off as being at least slightly insensitive, so it's normal that sensitive people will have trouble with that.

That said, I think anyone can say whatever they want. It's just.. sometimes certain things can hurt people.
You dont deserve to be hurt either. It's just complicated when someone is triggered by things said. Maybe with time there'll be opportunities to talk with her again. If they're sensitive tho maybe they need more time for themselves or in their bubble.
I'm already familiar with that stuff, I surround myself around the LBGT "community". Gender is basically whatever they feels like, literally. I watched a documentary on otherkin recently which is a very similar thing. Except the difference is that otherkin aren't as accepted and they don't erase the visibility of struggles that are specific to gay people and women.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not to mention they are a huge factor in the current state of atmosphere.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Still. The big question would be what would lab grown meat be made of? Trash? Plastic bags?
It'd be made of meat. It's already a thing, but it's just not commercially viable yet due to it taking tons of money right now to make.

Basically, to oversimplify it, they grow the meat in-vitro from stem cells instead of killing animals for it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hah, that implies things like hotdogs aren't made of pig lips and anuses.
(At least from what Pulp Fiction tells me)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fast Food? Hard Pass. That's not healthy so I can't really eat that right now as I'm trying to lose weight not gain more.

Though when I eat Fast Food it's Subway as of late as it's one of the Healthier fast foods.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
See, a lot of this is just semantics. I agree with that to an extent because I don't think that gender is that important. Sex matters more and there are definitely physical differences in sex, we're a sexual dimorphic species. So if a transwoman who's completely fine with their male body competes in woman's sports, they have an inherent advantage.

And the wording is harmful because having dysphoria is not too common and people who don't have it honestly shouldn't even identify themselves as trans. All it does is harm the image of people with dysphoria.
Whoa there. Slow down friendo.

You don't need dysphoria to be trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom