• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Right? The pizza economy is crazy. I could buy Celeste again over eating a meat lovers.
There's this place in my town (Simi Valley) called Fatte's Pizza. The pizza is slightly expensive, BUT it's always buy one get one free. A large pepperoni is also the size of a Dominos XL. So it's $18 for a large pepperoni, but you get 1 free. So it's really 2 XL size pizzas for $18. At dominos, it's $16 for 1 extra large pizza.

So yeah, I like Fatte's pizza (it also tastes quite good imo)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
There's this place in my town (Simi Valley) called Fatte's Pizza. The pizza is slightly expensive, BUT it's always buy one get one free. A large pepperoni is also the size of a Dominos XL. So it's $18 for a large pepperoni, but you get 1 free. So it's really 2 XL size pizzas for $18. At dominos, it's $16 for 1 extra large pizza.

only time i ever got sweet value for dominos is where i was in a group and we got the spend £30+ and get 50% off deal, meaning we all got the largest possible sizes for £10 each

now that's studenting

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I love burgers and chicken but hate the cruelty and guilt that comes with supporting the meat industry.

That's why I long for the day when labgrown meat becomes commercially affordable and phases out the need for livestock. No cruelty, no guilt, good food.

D

Deleted member

I fatte for Fatte's Pizza now.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I love burgers and chicken but hate the cruelty and guilt that comes with supporting the meat industry.

That's why I long for the day when labgrown meat becomes commercially affordable and phases out the need for livestock. No cruelty, no guilt, good food.
Well either one ain't really that good cuz I don't trust men in coats with my meat

Nor should you kill animals because it is cruel and also meat isn't all that great for you

(Yes this is a serious term also meant to double as a joke for levity)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

for real, my father actually resented me for not liking sandwiches. He actually kicked me out of his house when I was like 10 and made me wait outside at 11pm until my mom came to get me, JUST because I didn't eat a burger. I don't get the passion behind it
hey man you don't understand alright, your father just wanted to enlighten you since he was one of the few who tasted the legendary fortnite borgar from mcnaldo. he just wanted you to reach godhood, and you rejected it

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well either one ain't really that good cuz I don't trust men in coats with my meat

I mean on a more serious note, people are gonna be involved with your food whether or not it's labgrown or traditionally grown.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Anything > Little Ceasers

Actually, there is one pizza place I'll take Little Ceasers over. There's this one pizza place in a nearby town, which is in an extremely shady location, and looks terrible, and their pizza is trash, but for some reason, my dad likes it. Thank God he stopped getting it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
normal people: a sandwich is two pieces of bread and some fillings

me, an intellectual:

1552673327980.png

D

Deleted member

Anything > Little Ceasers

Actually, there is one pizza place I'll take Little Ceasers over. There's this one pizza place in a nearby town, which is in an extremely shady location, and looks terrible, and their pizza is trash, but for some reason, my dad likes it. Thank God he stopped getting it.
Little Caesar's sucks but god ****ing damn do you get what you pay for, pizza there is CHEAP

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
gotta love how it was a pizza conversation that derailed the political discussion
who knew that triangular food could bring so many people together
and then pull everyone apart when someone eats the last slice

osby

Smash Obsessed

Nor should you kill animals because it is cruel and also meat isn't all that great for you

Support local, small producers, kids.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I mean on a more serious note, people are gonna be involved with your food whether or not it's labgrown or traditionally grown.
Traditionally grown is better honestly. Labs are... complicated as the people in charge don't have anyone's best interest at heart.

Roberk

Smash Champion

And people in coats operating machinery to efficiently but abusively cut up animals for meat is okay?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It really shouldn't be an umbrella term. It's ridiculous to include drag queens and tomboys, at least under the umbrella I've seen. Transexual is the one we have evidence for and part of that comes from there being two sexes and brain neurology.

And being sensitive is understandable, going around and telling everyone my opinions that at the time I was flip flopping over was kind of an aggressive move at the time. Not that I'm hurt over that. Only really hurt over losing shish as a friend.
It rarely is seen to include drag queens and tomboys (and usually wouldnt be). Some might use the term queer, which isn't really an insulting term (tho can be) but often has been a wider umbrella term, including homosexuality too. And, transexual also means someone who has or is transitioning.

I think that rather than coming from too much idealism, it'd be beneficial to inform yourself on how people talk about these things in the communities, so that you can avoid even further losses of friends that are in those realms. You do come off as being at least slightly insensitive, so it's normal that sensitive people will have trouble with that.

That said, I think anyone can say whatever they want. It's just.. sometimes certain things can hurt people.
You dont deserve to be hurt either. It's just complicated when someone is triggered by things said. Maybe with time there'll be opportunities to talk with her again. If they're sensitive tho maybe they need more time for themselves or in their bubble.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Just when I got off from work, this was sprung on me...

Yeah, no...

Talk about a false equivalency. Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival centered around the cast as a whole and many characters got amiibos when that game launched. You know how many amiibos Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World launched with the game? 2. And Mega Yarn Yoshi was a Toys 'r Us exclusive that functioned the same as normal Yarn Yoshi. Poochy on the other hand, came bundled with the game (similar to how Isabelle and Digby were released for Amiibo Festival now that I think about it) and the only added amiibo functionality, as well as the built-in features, centered around this ONE character. To compare how Poochy's amiibo was handled to Lottie's is stretching...

The price of an amiibo is not an indication of popularity as unless you have hard sales data, trying to determine how much supply was generated for one and the demand for collectors and/or consumers is unfalsifiable. (Although I did say that Poochy came bundled with the game)

EXCEPT...

When you mention Lottie's price, you were implying that the lower price meant lower demand. After all, Lottie's a "bottom-of-the-barrel" character isn't she? So I merely went along with that mindset when stating Poochy's price. Nothing more, nothing less. But since you revealed how that argument goes nowhere, therefore making both of our points null, it only puts us at a standstill...
Regardless, the fact that Amiibo Festival was centered around the Animal Crossing cast and Lottie, out of all characters, got an amiibo figure surely means something? You argued that Poochy's incorporation in the 3DS game was notable, and I was drawing a parallel to that. It's not a false equivalency at all given how the Amiibos were needed to play the game, and Lottie was one of the few characters to be given an actual figure.

Additionally, the fact that the character itself got an amiibo doesn't mean as much as you're saying it is considering just how many characters get amiibos, including the aforementioned Lottie, Loot Goblin, and literal Pikmin.

This is, of course, ignoring the previous claim that DLC characters must have the capability to create hype and draw in outside audiences that you have yet to truly refute. This is a stated goal of Nintendo's from their 2019 Investors Meeting:
With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, we asked 'How could we reach not only fans of the Super Smash Bros. series, but also those who had never played it before?' If you look at the demographics of the consumers who purchased each of these titles, Iʼm not convinced weʼve completely overcome these challenges yet. So our aims are to keep working on them this year, to expand sales of these titles to new consumer demographics, and to keep selling these games for a long time, which is one of our strengths."
I'm not saying you should stop supporting your character, but I'm saying that you're overestimating his chances. The overlap between Smash Bros. fans and Yoshi fans is incredibly large, and Poochy doesn't have the demand or notability compared to other characters to compensate for that. You can't really argue against that, as even fan polls or mentions within speculation largely neglect him.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Traditionally grown is better honestly. Labs are... complicated as the people in charge don't have anyone's best interest at heart.
It really isn't so much the Labs as it is the preservatives and salts. Penn Jillette and Kevin Smith went on all potato diets (those dont usually get the kinds of chemical preservatives others get cuz of natural longevity) and lost a **** ton of weight. I also heard from people with AutoImmune issues going on full carnivore Diets (just meat and fat) losing weight and having said issues clear up. Then theres people who cut out carbs and grains entirely like Joe Rogan and go full Keto. Honestly it all boils down to in the end the **** put into food to extend its shelf life.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord

Pain of loving barn animals and loving meat at the same time.

Pakky

Smash Hero
yes and the traditionally grown food industry definitely cares about the best interest of others
Heh I see what you're doing.

Nah I ain't playing ball.

Make you're own thread section or whatever and debate people there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

speaking of food y'all missing out if you aren't eating middle eastern food bc as an official brown person i can share my completely unbiased opinion that it's hella good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom