• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Yeah because its a fart in the wind, I say it people say 'ew' things move on.

Every time you have one of these things the thread melts.
*posts something disgusting*
“Woah dude that’s nasty”
“It was just one post lol”

Lots of things happen just once, but that doesn’t make them any better.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Seeing the vote up at the top reminded me of when Mario Maker first came out on the Wii U! Did any of you guys participate in my contest I did years ago? It was so much fun!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How much you wanna bet they were dead silent whent he Jussie Smollett thing came out as a Hoax. Or when whats his face appeared before congress and deflated the Muh Russia narrative. Extremists on any side only will wanna talk about things that further their agenda meanwhile the rest of us just wanna hang out and talk about chill stuff like Smash.
Your first mistake was assuming Russia had nothing to do with it and that it was a "narrative."

Russia emboldened the Alt Reich and continues to do so today.

Pakky

Smash Hero
*posts something disgusting*
“Woah dude that’s nasty”
“It was just one post lol”

Lots of things happen just once, but that doesn’t make them any better.
Yeah but when one thing happens every day for multiple pages and makes people comfortable on top of the participates telling those people to 'GET Out if you don't like it' is a little different.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
in practice, yeah - what I find interesting about it though is that 15 total fighters (excluding plant) doesn't actually seem too unrealistic a proposition unlike 30, which was pretty clearly just a "we're going ****ing nuclear with the DLC" failsafe

as i say i don't actually expect anything beyond the current fighter's pass, but equally I wouldn't be shocked if nintendo saw fighter's pass purchases skyrocketing after Joker's announcement and immediately commissioned sakurai for 2 more seasons.
I really want more passes and they’re justified with how much money they’d make for a business perspective, but I equally see Nintendo sticking to their guns like usual. Guess they could save it for another drought lol.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Don't really get why "politics" is so taboo. I mean as long as it isn't "Trump is this and Hillary is that" then I don't understand how forbidden the topic is.
Like, I get that people are passionate about it. But people are passionate about many many other things too. People have been insulted for less in this thread.
So why is discussing things that actually have a significant real life impact so looked down upon? Is it because people don't like to stress themselves thinking about it? Cause for many people, it's something that they have to think about on a daily basis. Despite the nature of the internet, we usually don't get too heated on this thread. The only aggression that usually comes from serious discussions are from the people that "hate politics" and want to talk about something else

D

Deleted member

God I'm thinking about the possibility of Joker+Arsene combos and how fun she could be but I know it's just... not going to happen and Joker will simply have Arsene tied to her own animations.

D

Deleted member

Why not leave temporarily or permanently if people talking about a subject you don't like in a social thread where anything goes annoys you so much that you have to whine about people talking about the thing you don't like but refuse to try and change the topic?
Alas, as all of you continue to talk about things that are relevant to not only everybody but also topical, I am sad to declare that I must leave, for these topics are too heavy for the faint of heart like me. I do not enjoy hearing about those who are different.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I feel like this is important for people to learn so

"Group did thing wrong once so they as bad as literal Nazis"
If you want to challenge "Intolerance", try debating their idea instead of just calling for firing/ threating violence. When your group start being extremely intolerant to everyone BUT the most extreme group of people, you become no different than those you oppose.

I find this qoute kinda ironic considering the whole political landscape. "Person said x so they are as bad as literal Nazis". I may agree with Antifa's ultimate goal, I completely disagree with how they work due to the problem when it comes to seeing the difference betweem Nazi and normal person.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
from what I understand it also seems these 16 slots came about through 2.0.0? so it was a conscious decision on the team's part to allocate 10 more slots than needed of the 30 existing to adventure mode, even when really only 6 were necessary

i'll be over here trying not to get my hopes up

KMDP

Smash Legend
Don't really get why "politics" is so taboo. I mean as long as it isn't "Trump is this and Hillary is that" then I don't understand how forbidden the topic is.
Like, I get that people are passionate about it. But people are passionate about many many other things too. People have been insulted for less in this thread.
So why is discussing things that actually have a significant real life impact so looked down upon? Is it because people don't like to stress themselves thinking about it? Cause for many people, it's something that they have to think about on a daily basis. Despite the nature of the internet, we usually don't get too heated on this thread. The only aggression that usually comes from serious discussions are from the people that "hate politics" and want to talk about something else
The reason why politics is "taboo" on this thread is because it always, always devolves into shouting matches that don't go anywhere.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You literally talked about taking a **** on another human being in a sex act earlier
tbh this is key

we talk about weird **** alllllll the time but the moment someone says anything as extreme as "minorities deserve rights" it's "THREAD SHUTDOWN PLEASE" and "CAN WE TALK ABOUT SMASH"

D

Deleted member

This post.

As for the people who don’t want to talk about it, they’re probably afraid the conversation will get heated.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
tbh this is key

we talk about weird **** alllllll the time but the moment someone says anything as extreme as "minorities deserve rights" it's "THREAD SHUTDOWN PLEASE" and "CAN WE TALK ABOUT SMASH"
What rights do they not have here in the Western world?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Alas, as all of you continue to talk about things that are relevant to not only everybody but also topical, I am sad to declare that I must leave, for these topics are too heavy for the faint of heart like me. I do not enjoy hearing about those who are different
wow way to steal my post
To whomever it may concern:

Oh woe is me Smashboards! This message board had, at one point in my wake, caused me great joy. However it is with a heavy heart that I must take my departure, for the content being discussed in the modern landscape is too much for I, a mere knave, to bare. I understand that my departure may leave a poultry number of you confused, but worry not! You may look forward to my new internet film, "cla explaining the bra in his house" coming soon! Blessings to you all!

with great unrest,

Cla Leon Davison

D

Deleted member

It was a genuine question I asked to the people who whine about something happening in the thread. If I didn't like being somewhere in my free time, I'd just leave
Yeah I see it was a genuine question. I also see this as a personal discussion between you and Pakky Pakky and not with the entire social thread.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you want to challenge "Intolerance", try debating their idea instead of just calling for firing/ threating violence. When your group start being extremely intolerant to everyone BUT the most extreme group of people, you become no different than those you oppose.

I find this qoute kinda ironic considering the whole political landscape. "Person said x so they are as bad as literal Nazis". I may agree with Antifa's ultimate goal, I completely disagree with how they work due to the problem when it comes to seeing the difference betweem Nazi and normal person.
Ben Shapiro has literally stated that the only reason to 'debate' people is to make whoever you're debating look bad. How about we deplatform them instead? Milo yannopus or whatever his long ass last name is got deplatformed and now he's mostly been forgotten on the internet

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ben Shapiro has literally stated that the only reason to 'debate' people is to make whoever you're debating look bad. How about we deplatform them instead? Milo yannopus or whatever his long *** last name is got deplatformed and now he's mostly been forgotten on the internet
JEWISH NAZIS ™

Pakky

Smash Hero
tbh this is key

Though poltical stuff happens everday and consumes the conversation.

If these things are important to the induvial involved(who are doing nothing constructive by talking about them here) whyy not make a pollical discussion thread on the site?

Then you can organize and do whatever

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

If you debate their ideas, you acknowledge them and give them weight. Their "ideas" shouldn't be debated because they're harmful and bigoted.
Why should I listen to people who hold ideas like "this group of people should die"?
I will literally send Sakurai a formal complaint if Joker isn't pulled from Heritage of the Future
Plot twist: Joker is just a Pet Shop Echo

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
sorry man i just hate homosexuals
nothing personell

And who said I was talking about the western world? In the middle east gay people are still ****ing stoned to death, for god's sake
Ok ill agree with you the Mid East is ****ed when it comes to human rights. but that is rarely what is being talked about when were talking about "Oppressed Groups" from my experience... despite the fact that those groups in the middle east actually are oppressed. And people in North Korea. and China. China is especailly ****ed. But now im going on a tangent.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Though poltical stuff happens eerday and consumes the conversation.

If these things are imortant to the indivuals involved my not make a pollical discussion thread on the site?
The point of bringing up anything political here is often to inform the misinformed. Why have a thread where we all know what's going on? **** happens in the real world. Don't see why we have to pretend like it doesn't

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
The point of bringing up anything political here is often to inform the misinformed. Why have a thread where we all know what's going on? **** happens in the real world. Don't see why we have to pretend like it doesn't
I can.
Video games are Escapism.
This is a Video game forum.
Some if not most people come to Smashboards or play Smash to relax and unwind after dealing with how **** the real world is. If they wanted to watch politics theyd turn on the News and watch about how the President ate two scoops of ice cream.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
How much you wanna bet they were dead silent whent he Jussie Smollett thing came out as a Hoax. Or when whats his face appeared before congress and deflated the Muh Russia narrative. Extremists on any side only will wanna talk about things that further their agenda meanwhile the rest of us just wanna hang out and talk about chill stuff
If Russia is a false narrative, then why did Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager, get 7 and a half years in jail for his dealings in Ukraine, why did Trump literally ask Russia to look in Hillary’s emails, why was Trump named Individual One, and why is the Mueller investigation still going on? Bonus points if you answer with Whataboutisms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom