• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wha? I'm completely uninvolved with this game's development. Justin Wong is at the very least and Yipes and Clockwork are too apparently

Didn't post it there yet, plus this place is busier so I wanted to shill more effectively
Oh, I misunderstood. My bad. Anyway, so Drakkon is already the White Ranger, so I can see why we have Tommy as the Green Ranger. Makes a lot of sense. I expected some gun gameplay with Magna Defender too.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I like that in a teacher? Sugarcoating's just going to make me learn slower or learn incorrectly.

I remember when I was 15 and still doing martial arts, I'd reached the highest level of black belt I was allowed to until I was eighteen, and I felt like I was hot **** because I'd just gotten #8 in the country in tournament results in the ITA. So one day I was apparently acting like a hot shot in our sparring sessions, and our instructor called time, switched me out with the person he was sparring with, then started us all up again. Then he kicked my ***, and ended up jump spin-kicking me right in the chest and throwing me into the mirror at the front of the room. It shattered behind me, and he yanked me by the arm to get away from the glass, asked, "You okay?" Then the moment I nodded my head he started beating the **** out of me again.

I love that story because it taught me humility very ****ing quickly.
bro this **** is like something that would happen to an anime rival wtf

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
YOU ABSOLUTE COCKWOMBLE

edit: wow it doesn't censor any of this huh

well fine, let the ramsay stand
Smashboards doesn't speak British, sorry

̶I̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶m̶i̶t̶

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So not only is the MCC coming to PC, but Reach is coming to the MCC. Hype!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Anything not called "Lost in Thoughts All Alone"/"If ~Hitori Omou" from Fire Emblem Fates
Fun fact: I've got the full 8-disc soundtrack for Fates. The game kinda sucks as a game but **** did they make an outstanding soundtrack for it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Honestly, I like that in a teacher? Sugarcoating's just going to make me learn slower or learn incorrectly.

I remember when I was 15 and still doing martial arts, I'd reached the highest level of black belt I was allowed to until I was eighteen, and I felt like I was hot **** because I'd just gotten #8 in the country in tournament results in the ITA. So one day I was apparently acting like a hot shot in our sparring sessions, and our instructor called time, switched me out with the person he was sparring with, then started us all up again. Then he kicked my ***, and ended up jump spin-kicking me right in the chest and throwing me into the mirror at the front of the room. It shattered behind me, and he yanked me by the arm to get away from the glass, asked, "You okay?" Then the moment I nodded my head he started beating the **** out of me again.

I love that story because it taught me humility very ****ing quickly.
Can I say that story is hilarious?

Because the fact that he kept beating you up after you said you were okay is hilarious. :laugh:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
YOU ABSOLUTE COCKWOMBLE

tbf there's a lot of British slang that SmashBoards doesn't filter cos I guess they're niche and quaint innit

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mega Man music in Smash is sort of whack. The classic tracks are all great, don't get me wrong, but there's 2 X songs? 1 Zero song? 1 Starforce song for some reason and it's not even a remix???????

D

Deleted member

how did sakurai not add counterattack to the ost, that is literally the game's most iconic leitmotif how do you screw up so bad
I mean, we don't have

Anything not called "Lost in Thoughts All Alone"/"If ~Hitori Omou" from Fire Emblem Fates
Twilight of the Gods from Fire Emblem Gaiden
Anything from Xenoblade X
A new remix for Sonic since Brawl's Angel Island Zone.
More than two FF7 Songs.
DON'T GET ME STARTED.

"Don't bismerch Sakurai's efforts on making this great game!!1" MY ASS, IF YOU'RE MAKING THE BIGGEST CROSSOVER IN GAMING HISTORY, HOW ABOUT YOU PUT THE EFFORT IN THE OST DEPARTMENT. HE AIN'T NO SAVIOR.

CHRIST. And didn't Sakurai say Rivers in the Desert from Persona 5 doesn't fit Smash?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mega Man music in Smash is sort of whack. The classic tracks are all great, don't get me wrong, but there's 2 X songs? 1 Zero song? 1 Starforce song for some reason and it's not even a remix???????
Wait there's a Zero song? If you mean Zero's X1 theme that's an X song cause no way will they add something from MMZ without using the iconic Cannonball theme. Also it took a decade to add Lower Norfair to Norfair and Dark Samus doesn't have her battle theme

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Can I say that story is hilarious?

Because the fact that he kept beating you up after you said you were okay is hilarious. :laugh:
Oh, it is hilarious. And I love telling it. It really happened and we really had a shattered mirror all over the mat at the front of the room for the rest of the class. Then I had to clean it up when class was over.

My instructor was a fun and hilarious guy but VERY strict with his black belts and how they carried themselves. He would put you in your place fast if you needed it.

D

Deleted member

Wait there's a Zero song? If you mean Zero's X1 theme that's an X song cause no way will they add something from MMZ without using the iconic Cannonball theme. Also it took a decade to add Lower Norfair to Norfair and Dark Samus doesn't have her battle theme
The specific version of Zero's theme in Smash is just the remix from Zero 1, so I'm counting it as a Zero song. Even if it does literally say From Mega Man X.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
DON'T GET ME STARTED.

"Don't bismerch Sakurai's efforts on making this great game!!1" MY ***, IF YOU'RE MAKING THE BIGGEST CROSSOVER IN GAMING HISTORY, HOW ABOUT YOU PUT THE EFFORT IN THE OST DEPARTMENT. HE AIN'T NO SAVIOR.

CHRIST. And didn't Sakurai say Rivers in the Desert from Persona 5 doesn't fit Smash?
Sakurai's not the one in charge of the entire soundtrack. The composers themselves have a lot of freedom.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh, it is hilarious. And I love telling it. It really happened and we really had a shattered mirror all over the mat at the front of the room for the rest of the class. Then I had to clean it up when class was over.

My instructor was a fun and hilarious guy but VERY strict with his black belts and how they carried themselves. He would put you in your place fast if you needed it.
A Fun and Hilarious guy who beats you up to teach you Martial Humility.

He didn't happen to look like this, did he?

Goddamn it has been over a decade since I heard that. That right there was a good show for little kids
Remember to recycle, kids!

D

Deleted member

Damn where can I watch this anime?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
YOU ABSOLUTE COCKWOMBLE

From what Ive seen, when it isnt Hell kitchen, he is really gentle with people while cooking like that show he does with the kids cooking.

As long as I dont act like a dummy pff

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, the fact that we didn't get any MM6 songs, but we did get 3 MM5 songs (which imo MM5 had a very weak soundtrack aside from the intro, weapon get, and Dark Man), and not even the best selection of MM4 songs (No Toad Man?) is slightly, slightly upsetting, but maybe next game.

Also, Bubble Man got snubbed again.
And Elec Man too...

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is getting Halo: Reach added to it, and it's coming to PC via the Windows Store and Steam this year.

I have such strong mixed feelings. Mostly happiness, but some deep pain about how Reach is going to be amputated a bit.
Welp, looks like my brother and I are firing up MCC again!

It's very shocking that they're publishing it on Steam though. The other two I honestly expected; it was the only explanation for why MCC was still getting substantial updates years after release. But they must have seen how huge a difference there was in sales of their other few releases on Steam versus their own store.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai's not the one in charge of the entire soundtrack. The composers themselves have a lot of freedom.
IIRC wasn't there an interview where he just gave that whole department entire freedom? See, I feel that was a tiny bit of a mistake, because it'll only guarantee some franchises getting yoinked from possible new arrangements. Usually every Smash game before Ultimate would have AT LEAST one new arrangement for every franchise. If not, some wise ported songs.

While there are franchises that I'm glad got justice like DK, I still feel there are plenty of franchises that need some buffing out. Like I'm glad we got Zinnia and Gang-Plank Galleon, but no Metallic Madness Zone Act 2 and Counterattack? Doesn't sit well in me ol' stomach.

I thought he said that about Last Surprise?
"Last Surprise doesn't fit Smash"

> continues to add Calling to the Night and Tipping Stars B like a boss

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom