• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Also doesn't help the entire game is focused around ****ing that song off so we have to hear it a godawful amount of times.
That too.

Wouldve been nice if Azura had ever sang, like, one other song.

D

Deleted member

Playing SM64 again has made me think about one of the biggest critiques people gave to Super Mario Odyssey.

In SMO, the biggest complaint against it was that Moons didn't feel special and that the tasks required to obtain them felt trivial and too basic: Carry an object from point A to point B, do some simple platforming, do a thing on a random spot, collect things to get the thing, etcetera.

Meanwhile, Super Mario 64 is considered the gold standard for what Mario collectables should be, and people seem to think that stars are way better than moons because collecting them involved so much more, such as: Carry an object from point A to point B, do some simple platforming, do a thing on a random spot, collect things to get the thing, etcetera.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Let's shake things up, then. I dunno if you've seen the recent push, but I may I inquire you in an absolute curveball of a choice? Suppose we actually do end up getting another Square character. Forget all about the usual names that we've seen countless times.

Zidane. Final Fantasy IX.

I've become a Zidane supporter now. We Tantalus Boys now. Let's talk about it.

View attachment 197664
No.
Dead thread hours

Well, if no one's here I can freely talk about my incredible insecurities about romance, friendship, family, and life in general without scorn!
My inbox is always open for you friend. There is no judgement or scorn there so if you ever want to talk I'm open. :)

D

Deleted member

I was talking about the cadence in Lost in Thoughts, not the new song. End of All/Lost in Thoughts All Alone are wonderful theme songs but the English version is jarring because no one writes lyrics that way. The hard notes aren't on parts of words they should be so it comes out unnatural. The localization team that did SoV was FAR better in their version of Heritors of Arcadia.

I'm still undecided on the new one.
Now see, that **** actually is kind of a bop. I'm just a huge music nut when it comes to video games, and with just now gaining some real interest into Fire Emblem, Three Houses' main theme ain't much of a welcoming ceremony.

Maybe if it kept the same composition as the original did with it's orchestral theme with some EDM every now and then back in E3, I'd be all down for that. Really hoping other tracks are better. I heard that there was more songs that had released?

Be glad that having wrong opinions isn't against Global Rules.
I'm surprised you don't have your finger on the ban button for when I said "Dark Messenger > One-Winged Angel" cause you know I'm right.

oh woooow.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
Now see, that **** actually is kind of a bop. I'm just a huge music nut when it comes to video games, and with just now gaining some real interest into Fire Emblem, Three Houses' main theme ain't much of a welcoming ceremony.

Maybe if it kept the same composition as the original did with it's orchestral theme with some EDM every now and then back in E3, I'd be all down for that. Really hoping other tracks are better. I heard that there was more songs that had released?

I'm surprised you don't have your finger on the ban button for when I said "Dark Messenger > One-Winged Angel" cause you know I'm right.

View attachment 197726
Never listened Dark Messenger but I think One Winged Angel is kinda overrated so I actually might agree with you.

D

Deleted member

Hey y'all how in the hell do people translate fictional video game languages into english

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

View attachment 197726
There's also this one, presumably a map theme.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Love the new thread title whoever edits them!

For now, I must continue to garden those pesky Piñatas

D

Deleted member

Never listened Dark Messenger but I think One Winged Angel is kinda overrated so I actually might agree with you.
HOO BOY, WELL THEN LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO SOME GOOD ****ING STANK, MATE.

Between this and You're Not Alone! just only justifies why FF9 is so good.

D

Deleted member

Is that crossed out because you really do? I never understood strike out text. It feels like when people do that, they actually mean the opposite of what was said. But the interwebs confuse me sometimes. I’m not hip.
It’s a joke, like I was hiding the fact I knew nothing about it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey y'all how in the hell do people translate video game languages into english
Dunno, but I wish they do it with more languages, it took me ages to get into video games properly because I had to learn English first.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Also doesn't help the entire game is focused around ****ing that song off so we have to hear it a godawful amount of times.
Smash, too. I've never even played the original game, but boy does that song turn up a lot during Spirit fights in particular. All I could think of is "Lost in Thoughts All Alone is probably the sappiest name for a song I've ever heard of."

D

Deleted member

I am ok with this
inb4 people complain about this
Nathan Drake is a little weird (would prefer Lara Croft myself) but the rest are dope, so yeah I'm cool with this.
Where did I put my stamp of approval?
do do DO do

Also this is unironically good.
Ay, I'd take Ammy. Maybe have Chibiterasu show up in a taunt or victory.
ngl this would be ****ing sweet
Ya'll, this is too much for me
UnconsciousKindGrosbeak-max-1mb.gif

D

Deleted member

Dunno, but I wish they do it with more languages, it took me ages to get into video games properly because I had to learn English first.
Agree to this at some point. But I actually learned English pretty well due to liking RPGs and having to read a lot of the text in English.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

There's also this one, presumably a map theme.
NOW SEE.

THIS IS ACTUALLY GOOD. I LIKE THAT. FEELING A STRONG 7 TO A LIGHT 8 ON THIS ONE.

This is what I was hoping the final version of the main theme would be like. Now the OST is starting to come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom