• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alright. I gotta get this off my chest. I was pretty hype to see if they'd release the main theme in any way for Fire Emblem: Three Houses, because that was a banger from E3 last year.

Now we get this.

I'm not even a Fire Emblem fan, and all I know is Fates is bad. Yet at the same time, how the **** is Lost in Thoughts All Alone better than this? What happened here? I'm legit confused and don't know if I like the EDM route they're going.

...****, they're gonna go full Kingdom Hearts III and have Knife Party do the ending, aren't they?

OH CHRIST.png

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright. I gotta get this off my chest. I was pretty hype to see if they'd release the main theme in any way for Fire Emblem: Three Houses, because that was a banger from E3 last year.

Now we get this.

I'm not even a Fire Emblem fan, and all I know is Fates is bad. Yet at the same time, how the **** is Lost in Thoughts All Alone better than this? What happened here? I'm legit confused and don't know if I like the EDM route they're going.

...****, they're gonna go full Kingdom Hearts III and have Knife Party do the ending, aren't they?
Well, Lost in Thoughts All Alone is a ****ing great song. The localizers just don't know what the **** cadence is.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Now we get this.

View attachment 197722
personally, EDM worked for Face My Fears and I love the EDM in this new FE song. If fact this new song is great

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So do Smash directs also have a pattern as to what day they come out like how generals usually arrive on Thursday?

D

Deleted member

Well, Lost in Thoughts All Alone is a ****ing great song. The localizers just don't know what the **** cadence is.
Oh no no, it isn't that at all. I can stand the vocals, but the direction of the entire song aside from that, is what really pickles my fickle. I really liked the composition and direction they were going back in E3 2018, but hearing this makes me worried a bit for how the rest of the OST will go.

First impressions are what makes a lot of goodie points, at least for me, and for this being a Fire Emblem game, this theme ain't that great.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Now we get this.

View attachment 197722
Be glad that having wrong opinions isn't against Global Rules.

Okay, jokes aside, I think it works really well. I might like this better than Lost in Thoughts All Alone.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So do Smash directs also have a pattern as to what day they come out like how generals usually arrive on Thursday?
Well...
August Direct was a Wednesday
November was Thursday

Previous Sm4sh directs were any day but Monday and Friday

So I’m gonna guess Direct last week of April

D

Deleted member

Now we get this.

View attachment 197722
I actually really like it tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well...
August Direct was a Wednesday
November was Thursday

Previous Sm4sh directs were any day but Monday and Friday

So I’m gonna guess Direct last week of April
April 11th is my guess.

And because I said that, it's going to end up being on the 18th.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh no no, it isn't that at all. I can stand the vocals, but the direction of the entire song aside from that, is what really pickles my fickle. I really liked the composition and direction they were going back in E3 2018, but hearing this makes me worried a bit for how the rest of the OST will go.

First impressions are what makes a lot of goodie points, at least for me, and for this being a Fire Emblem game, this theme ain't that great.
I was talking about the cadence in Lost in Thoughts, not the new song. End of All/Lost in Thoughts All Alone are wonderful theme songs but the English version is jarring because no one writes lyrics that way. The hard notes aren't on parts of words they should be so it comes out unnatural. The localization team that did SoV was FAR better in their version of Heritors of Arcadia.

I'm still undecided on the new one.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Because every time a direct prediction gets made, it is now delayed a whole week and a year.
So April 18th 2020 is DLC 2!
You heard it here first, folks
If you annoy me, I'm going to keep predicting Direct dates and delaying them

D

Deleted member

Be glad that having wrong opinions isn't against Global Rules.

Okay, jokes aside, I think it works really well. I might like this better than Lost in Thoughts All Alone.
If that was a rule I would've been permanently banned by now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I already got it stuck in my head so Its good to me pff

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I still think Tetris would be a cool stage, imagine if your attacks could influence the Tetrominos as they fell:

Hit them on the side-change their direction
Hit them on the bottom-rotate the shape
Hit them on the top-fast drop
Yeah, they'd be cool stage hazards, but I say that if the Ghosts from Pac-Man can be assist trophies, so could Tetris blocks.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I was talking about the cadence in Lost in Thoughts, not the new song. End of All/Lost in Thoughts All Alone are wonderful theme songs but the English version is jarring because no one writes lyrics that way. The hard notes aren't on parts of words they should be so it comes out unnatural. The localization team that did SoV was FAR better in their version of Heritors of Arcadia.

I'm still undecided on the new one.
Also doesn't help the entire game is focused around ****ing that song off so we have to hear it a godawful amount of times.

D

Deleted member

You heard it here first, folks
If you annoy me, I'm going to keep predicting Direct dates and delaying them
"toasterbrains more like poopybrains" says masahiro sakurai, who just wants as long of a break as he can take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom