• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Random question. Who is everyone’s favorite Spiderman?

I personally like Peni Parker, but only her Into The Sliderverse version, which makes me feel bad ‘cause I know itnis canin and I’m a perfectionist. lol
Spiderman Noir for the win!
He's such a meme

Roberk

Smash Champion
I actually would prefer that kind of game on PC, actually.

The Switch is better for games specifically made for it, or for more stylized games IMO. Games like Halo will always be better on hardware with more power.
Ports of games from 1-2 generations/decades ago would fit right in with the Switch’s power. /s

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Wait, Indiana Jones? That reminds me, when I was a kid I played this really fun Indiana Jones game on the DS. I had no idea what to expect, and I don't remember much about it because it's been so long. That's also probably because the cartridge broke before I could end up finishing it. Maybe I'll end up replaying it one day.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don’t want Cuphead in Smash because he and Mugman have to be represented in their unique hand drawn style. It would be a nightmare to draw those frames for all of the animations that Smash requires.
They can just have cartoony animations with regular models.

D

Deleted member

Ports of games from 1-2 generations/decades ago would fit right in with the Switch’s power. /s
It's not that it wouldn't work per se, it's just that I'm not sure if the Switch is the platform I would get it on. PC would simply have more benefits than console.

Perhaps if gyro aiming was a thing I'd consider it.

D

Deleted member

Random question. Who is everyone’s favorite Spiderman?

I personally like Peni Parker, but only her Into The Sliderverse version, which makes me feel bad ‘cause I know itnis canin and I’m a perfectionist. lol
2099 is pretty goddamn cool.

D

Deleted member

Here’s a theory...

There’s some Halo Master Chief Collection announcement around 5 p.m. Eastern today.

What if... it’s a Switch port?

Inb4 “where’s mah PC port”
Considering I've migrated to PC.... Yeah, PC port pls.

Also the space needed on your switch to even have the MCC on it, christ....

osby

Smash Obsessed
I feel like they would lose the main appeal of their game if they were made 3D
Maybe, but Smash is pretty good at translating 2D characters into models...except for :ultgnw:, I guess. :ultduckhunt: almost looks like a character from a Western animation.

I can get why people wouldn't like it but it's not impossible.

Roberk

Smash Champion
They can just have cartoony animations with regular models.
Eh, idk. A lot of the appeal of the game was the style itself. If they can make it look good that’d be great, but I think either way it’d be a challenge.

D

Deleted member

2099 is pretty goddamn cool.
Stop pointing at me!
It's not that it wouldn't work per se, it's just that I'm not sure if the Switch is the platform I would get it on. PC would simply have more benefits than console.

bro splatoon's gyro aiming was amazing just give me every single shooter ever but with gyro aiming thanks

Roberk

Smash Champion

I guess if you have the option go with PC, but I thought DOOM and Wolfenstein were received well so there is an audience for traditional western FPSs of the Switch.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Stop pointing at me!

bro splatoon's gyro aiming was amazing just give me every single shooter ever but with gyro aiming thanks
I feel like everything about Splatoon is just amazing. It's a relatively simple game and it isn't as "graphic" as most traditional shooters but I like to remind myself and others of how amazing that game is from time to time

D

Deleted member

I know, right? Splatoon feels so slick and natural to control, it's part of why I adore it. I feel the same way about Metroid Prime Trilogy's controls; playing MP1 Randomizer on Dolphin with a GCN controller made me realize how much the motion controls in Trilogy spoiled me, lol.

The more games that use gyro aiming like Splatoon's or good pointer aiming like MPT, the better. It's the closest we'll ever get to mouse and keyboard on console, and I love it.

D

Deleted member

What RPG/series do y'all want to see get remade?

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What would her classic mode be like? Fighting against other gay time traveller characters?
Maybe something like this.

vs Donkey Kong (Winston)
vs Snake (Soldier 76)
vs Link (Hanzo) and Greninja (Genji)
vs Bowser Jr. (D. Va) and R.O.B (Bastion)
vs Ice Climbers (Mei)
vs Bayonetta with Staff (Widowmaker) and Joker (Reaper)
Bonus Game
vs Galleom (stand-in for Omnics in general, I guess?)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Time for some Twitter art:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

A little something for Zinith Zinith

And for Mythra Mythra

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finally someone said it.
I haven't played 3 yet, but I know the plot and have heard from my brothers who have played it that it's super good, it's just missing some QoL features. Toss in a way to control your party members like P3P and make it as pretty as 5 and it would be pretty amazing.

On a seperate note, I'm listening to Smash Ultimate's Metroid music right now, and dang...Every Metroid song in this game is fantastic. Vs. Parasite Queen sounds soooooooo good!

D

Deleted member

Time for some Twitter art:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

A little something for Zinith Zinith

And for Mythra Mythra
Honestly just give Pythra a reasonable outfit and it would fix the one issue I have with them

They're pretty well written, have engaging character flaws, and have pretty cool powers and such when they fight

Their character design is like the one thing that takes them down from A to B tier tbh

Pakky

Smash Hero
What would her classic mode be like? Fighting against other gay time traveller characters?
If Gay: :ultike:....:ultbayonetta:? (I guess because you know Rodin is packing and she isn't having any.)

If time traveler: :ultbayonetta::ultlucina::ultpokemontrainer::ultsonic::ultgnw::ultness::ultvillager::ultyounglink::ultlucario::ultfox::ultfalco::ultshulk:

And for Mythra Mythra

Pyra has a modest two bedroom flat in Mythra's right tiddy

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I would honestly prefer Cuphead.

Because I know nothing about Hollow Knight.
Is that crossed out because you really do? I never understood strike out text. It feels like when people do that, they actually mean the opposite of what was said. But the interwebs confuse me sometimes. I’m not hip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom