• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Chapter 7: Despite All, Still Problematic
The nationality of each bear is represented by their species.
Panda is Asian, Grizzly is North American and Ice Bear is an Antartic ninja.
Despite its supposedly progressive message, it still casts a North American male as the protagonist
pandas are black white and asian thank you very much

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of the coyotes though, I haven't personally seen any live ones in the wild (they tend to live in deeper parts of the woods...I've seen a few dead ones on the highway though), friends of mine, as well as my brother, have had close brushes with them.

So like, my brother hikes, right? So he was hiking with his friend and out of the corner of his eye he sees a coyote peeking at the two of them through the bushes, but it ducks away. So they continue the hike, right? Well, then they see two more. At that point my brother knows to walk back to the car (side note, never run from a coyote, it's faster and it'll see it as a chase), which thankfully isn't too far away. But as they got closer to the car, they started hearing the howling, and boy was it more than two coyotes. It sounded like four or so. Like a family. And considering they usually hunt alone and only hunt together to take down larger prey...yeah.

Coyotes are nasty little things. Well, nasty fiftyish pound things. Coyote pack attacks happen occasionally but they're almost never fatal to people, thankfully. You can usually fight them off decently well.

What you need to worry about is your pets, because boy howdy does that mortality rate spike if you include pets. Here's a video of a coyote trying to attack a dog. The dog ends up okay and only gets nipped in the leg, for those worried, but it could've ended up much worse. The reason coyotes go for the leg is to slow down their prey so other coyotes can more easily join in and take it down. With this video, it didn't work, so the coyote tried to bait the dog away, so that it could be ambushed.

Basically coyotes kinda suck, but as long as you're reasonably responsible with your pets and self they shouldn't be too big of an issue. That and if one corners you and attacks you, just fight back. It's not like a bear where you're already dead by that point. Just fight back, protect your vitals, and make sure you have your rabies shots afterwards.

But yeah, coyotes are arguably more dangerous than the bears despite being less than half their size. Kinda went on a tangent here lol. Here's a cute picture of one to lighten the mood.

That can't be right Looney Tunes taught me Coyotes are incompetent. Looney Tunes wouldn't lie to me

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Now that I think about it Courage the Cowardly Dog was messed up man.

It's one of those cartoons where you sit there and wonder "THAT was a kid's cartoon? How...?" ESPECIALLY the freakin' BANANA EPISODE.
There was even some musical short in Cartoon network about that show that I swear gave me one of those nightmares that makes you wake up suddenly all agitated while sweating cold. XD I hated the show, honestly.

D

Deleted member

Holy crap. Got a link?
Only thing on YT for it are poor quality episode uploads, so nah.

TBH, though, that's not even the weirdest Courage can get. Courage goes to some pretty messed up places for a kids show.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Only thing on YT for it are poor quality episode uploads, so nah.

TBH, though, that's not even the weirdest Courage can get. Courage goes to some pretty messed up places for a kids show.
Wow, really? I’d like to hear more, haha.
Damn. I missed it.
56F823AD-3E9C-4218-A456-1412C7B4F0CA.jpeg

Also let’s like not engage in a political discussion that’d be cool, huh?
Wait so he wasnt filled with blood already?
wait why did I type blood.
Lemme fix that

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That can't be right Looney Tunes taught me Coyotes are incompetent. Looney Tunes wouldn't lie to me
This is a good segue into another neat topic involving coyotes.

Wile E. Coyote is a western coyote. We have eastern coyotes, which may as well be nearly twice the size. :D

D

Deleted member

Speaking of the coyotes though, I haven't personally seen any live ones in the wild (they tend to live in deeper parts of the woods...I've seen a few dead ones on the highway though), friends of mine, as well as my brother, have had close brushes with them.

So like, my brother hikes, right? So he was hiking with his friend and out of the corner of his eye he sees a coyote peeking at the two of them through the bushes, but it ducks away. So they continue the hike, right? Well, then they see two more. At that point my brother knows to walk back to the car (side note, never run from a coyote, it's faster and it'll see it as a chase), which thankfully isn't too far away. But as they got closer to the car, they started hearing the howling, and boy was it more than two coyotes. It sounded like four or so. Like a family. And considering they usually hunt alone and only hunt together to take down larger prey...yeah.

Coyotes are nasty little things. Well, nasty fiftyish pound things. Coyote pack attacks happen occasionally but they're almost never fatal to people, thankfully. You can usually fight them off decently well.

What you need to worry about is your pets, because boy howdy does that mortality rate spike if you include pets. Here's a video of a coyote trying to attack a dog. The dog ends up okay and only gets nipped in the leg, for those worried, but it could've ended up much worse. The reason coyotes go for the leg is to slow down their prey so other coyotes can more easily join in and take it down. With this video, it didn't work, so the coyote tried to bait the dog away, so that it could be ambushed.

Basically coyotes kinda suck, but as long as you're reasonably responsible with your pets and self they shouldn't be too big of an issue. That and if one corners you and attacks you, just fight back. It's not like a bear where you're already dead by that point. Just fight back, protect your vitals, and make sure you have your rabies shots afterwards.

But yeah, coyotes are arguably more dangerous than the bears despite being less than half their size. Kinda went on a tangent here lol. Here's a cute picture of one to lighten the mood.

The cuteness of that coyote picture is kinda undermined when you spend the post talking about how they can and will kill your pets.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The cuteness of that coyote picture is kinda undermined when you spend the post talking about how they can and will kill your pets.
Yeah, but I mean, lots of cute things can and will eat your pets. :p

Unless you're my friend's cat who took down a ****ing great horned owl that was twice its size. How he managed that, I don't know.

D

Deleted member

Wow, really? I’d like to hear more, haha.
I've only seen a handful of episodes from Courage, and it was a long time ago, so I wouldn't be able to tell you too much about it.

All you need to know is that any episode featuring the cat is gonna haunt your dreams for life, from what I've heard from others. It is an extremely odd-ball show that even as an adult will probably unnerve you quite a bit with it's odd blending of ghoulish CGI and off-putting 2D characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
When I was in jr. high we were still using floppy disks and I had to write an opinion paper on whether or not CD burners should be illegal.

There you go now you feel young again. You're welcome.
I was in school when "The Impossible Quiz" was a brand-new thing.

D

Deleted member

tbh i don't even know if im bi honestly, like i like girls question mark and it's weird because ive realised that i actually kinda dont

like its hard to explain but i don't think i've ever like, LIKED a girl despite thinking i've liked girls idk it's weird and hard to explain

ah well i have plenty of time to figure it out w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom