• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Reminds me of when I was watching K. Rool's trailer for the first time, thinking there was a real possibility Fredrik would get in over K. Rool, and hoping those big stomps were from a crocodile and not a walrus. Phew...
Personally I never even really considered Fredrik a viable contender after Tropical Freeze actually released.

Before its release, I thought he could be interesting...but quite literally three of his four actual attacks are just things K. Rool did in DKC1. What made Fredrik's boss fight interesting wasn't Fredrik, but how his moves affected his more dynamic boss arena. But Fredrik himself? He just jumped around (like K. Rool), charged at you (like K. Rool), and made ice balls fall from the sky (like K. Rool, but with ice instead of cannonballs). The only thing he did that K. Rool didn't do was launch an ice dragon out of his alphorn as one of his last-ditch moves...but even that's somewhat analogous to K. Rool's various blunderbuss ammunition, in that it's a one-way projectile...just a very large one.

I honestly couldn't see a reality where Lord Fredrik was chosen over King K. Rool. Not only is K. Rool more recurring and more fondly remembered, but he also just has a lot more to work with.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Personally I never even really considered Fredrik a viable contender after Tropical Freeze actually released.

Before its release, I thought he could be interesting...but quite literally three of his four actual attacks are just things K. Rool did in DKC1. What made Fredrik's boss fight interesting wasn't Fredrik, but how his moves affected his more dynamic boss arena. But Fredrik himself? He just jumped around (like K. Rool), charged at you (like K. Rool), and made ice balls fall from the sky (like K. Rool, but with ice instead of cannonballs). The only thing he did that K. Rool didn't do was launch an ice dragon out of his alphorn as one of his last-ditch moves...but even that's somewhat analogous to K. Rool's various blunderbuss ammunition, in that it's a one-way projectile...just a very large one.

I honestly couldn't see a reality where Lord Fredrik was chosen over King K. Rool. Not only is K. Rool more recurring and more fondly remembered, but he also just has a lot more to work with.
*Gangplank Galleon drowns out Volcano Dome*

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Imagine if he became an echo of :ultkrool:?

D

Deleted member

Makes me wonder why they didn't just use K. Rool and the Kremlings in TF, then.

I honestly think K. Rool would have fit the theme of that game super well. He already has his own ship, just make it viking themed for that game.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I honestly think K. Rool would have fit the theme of that game super well. He already has his own ship, just make it viking themed for that game.
Because reptiles are weak against cold. :p

D

Deleted member

A Donkey Kong character that wasn't in the very first DKC game appearing in Smash pysically? Is such thing possible?
It's as possible as getting meaningful Kirby content that doesn't come from Super Star.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
A Donkey Kong character that wasn't in the very first DKC game appearing in Smash pysically? Is such thing possible?
Deep inhale

I'm OLD AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be pretty cool, though he is kinda bland, I'd like him though.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
That scene has a non-sexual interpretation which is probably the intended one.
All I'm saying is that moment may have been pivotal for Young Link in his future life choices

But alright, alright, I'll stop milking the joke ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm not sure either - apparently Retro was told to come up with new enemies or something? All I can say is for the hypothetical DKCR 3, it'd be difficult to justify the Kremlings not being in after Ultimate confirming K Rool's popularity

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Imagine if he became an echo of :ultkrool:?
The main things that would need to change would be:
- Fredrik wouldn't have armor due to, well, not wearing any.
- Alphorn replaces Blunderbuss. Has an ice effect on the ball that freezes, but maybe in return it can't suck in?
- Helipak is replaced with Dedede's Super Jump, a la Chrom v Roy.

The only other thing that would be weird is the Crownerang, because that's weirdly the one move K. Rool had in DKC1 that Fredrik didn't replicate. Nothing's stopping him from throwing the viking helmet though.

D

Deleted member

Wow, so you were all making tier list and I wasn't mentioned once? Hurts man : (

I did think the ice lads from TRopical Freeze were intersting, but yeah Fredrik himself was kinda zzzz. Even in the first game K Rool was pretty memorable.

D

Deleted member

I've been playing through the Bowser's Inside Story remake recently and it's a lot easier than I remember it being back on the original. Dream Team was actually a lot harder, in my experience.

Not that that's a bad thing (for me, anyways) but it definitely is interesting. To anyone who may know, did they rebalance things in this remake? 'Cause it really does feel substantially easier than when I had originally played it.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The main things that would need to change would be:
- Fredrik wouldn't have armor due to, well, not wearing any.
- Alphorn replaces Blunderbuss. Has an ice effect on the ball that freezes, but maybe in return it can't suck in?
- Helipak is replaced with Dedede's Super Jump, a la Chrom v Roy.

The only other thing that would be weird is the Crownerang, because that's weirdly the one move K. Rool had in DKC1 that Fredrik didn't replicate. Nothing's stopping him from throwing the viking helmet though.
A freezing counter would be sick.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Y'know, when I first login in the morning and I see I've been mentioned 4 times, I expect Resident Evil news.

Anyway what's up fellas.

D

Deleted member

speaking of shantae i actually think that she would be a pretty cool addition to smash
never played a shantae game but she can transform into animals and ****, and would have a cool moveset. it would also be cool to have an indie rep in smash to show how far they've come
also she's cute

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

An alternate universe where Jill is in Smash is enoug to tag ya for.
tbh there's probably a universe out there where jill was revealed and staind was just never seen again because he got so hype

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
tbh there's probably a universe out there where jill was revealed and staind was just never seen again because he got so hype
So basically he imploded on himself?
And honestly I placed higher than expected.

Thanks guys.
I only got tiered once, but I’m happy I got an S tier.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

As someone who's never played a Donkey Kong game before, but has vaguely seen bits from each of the games, the newer Donkey Kong games' villains seem so... bland and uninspired. I mean, King K. Rool and the Kremlings aren't masterclass designs or anything, but they have a sense of creativity and personality lacking from the later games.

I imagine after Ultimate, the next game will have K. Rool back. Apparently Retro Studios wanted to bring him back for the Tropical Freeze port on Switch, but Nintendo said no, because Sakurai had already called dibs. Which was a good call, because tacking him on to a port would've been a much lamer return for the character.

D

Deleted member

There's an alternate universe where Jill is revealed but Staind goes into a permanent coma the day before it happens.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
speaking of shantae i actually think that she would be a pretty cool addition to smash
never played a shantae game but she can transform into animals and ****, and would have a cool moveset. it would also be cool to have an indie rep in smash to show how far they've come
also she's cute
Okay but do you know who else is cute and can transform into various animals?
Starfy.jpg

This very good boy.
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom