• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
We talking Zelda fanservice? Let's not forget this immortal scene:

'It was at that moment that Link decided he would one day return to Hyrule and marry Cremia's Hylian counterpart'
That scene has a non-sexual interpretation which is probably the intended one.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I think the reason why Majora's Mask was so good is because they had a very strict deadline, and only 4 main locations, so they had to pack as many scenarios in to compensate for the lack of many dungeons and areas. Really, I just want them to make another Zelda game like MM, but I really doubt that would happen.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Back from an alternate universe where, for Smash...

We still got Inklings and Everyone is Here
Pink Gold Peach is the echo, not Daisy
Kraid joins as does Lord Fredrick
Isabelle still joins
Incineroar is replaced by Decidueye
New third party character is Rottytops. No echo
Chrom, Dark Samus, and Ken still happen
Unexpected character is... Saria
First DLC pass character is Jill Valentine
Leaks are all pointing to Sora, and everyone says Erdrick is leakbait
Minecraft is instead Fortnite content

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I think the reason why Majora's Mask was so good is because they had a very strict deadline, and only 4 main locations, so they had to pack as many scenarios in to compensate for the lack of many dungeons and areas. Really, I just want them to make another Zelda game like MM, but I really doubt that would happen.
Maybe a 2D game in that style could work, perhaps?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
They already sort of did.

Minish Cap is a small game with a lot of content (now, whether or not you consider that content worthwhile is up to opinion).

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Isabelle still joins
Meanwhile staindgrey staindgrey is like
AEB7126A-0063-49A1-982A-4AB57482C6EB.png

D

Deleted member

Isabelle still joins
Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy would like to speak with you.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

Isabelle still joins
yes sir can I get a one-way ticket to this alternate universe

KMDP

Smash Legend
Kraid joins
Kraid is so huge he crashes the game in 8-Player Smashes on Graphically Intensive levels. When asked why he allowed this to happen, Sakurai's sole statement was "It's the punishment for the [expletive]ers who bugged me incessantly about that damn Dragon".

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I have a small feeling that the next big Zelda game will be to Breath of the Wild what Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time. Same engine, maybe many of the same assets, but refocused and retooled into something unique.

Breath of the Wild has one of the best open worlds in any game, ever, and is brought to life with beautiful art direction and sound design. However, anything that would require any sense of structure--story, side quests, characters--usually fall very flat. A game that can take BotW's strengths and iron out its weaknesses would be nearly perfect.

Though who knows how the next game will spring off of BotW. There've been two instances of one game setting a mold, followed by one or two games that deviate from it, and then one game that nearly perfects that mold (Zelda -> Zelda II -> Link to the Past; Ocarina -> Majora -> Wind Waker -> Twilight Princess). So we might get something really out there for the next main Zelda game, and then later we'll get something that returns to Breath of the Wild's mold with more refinement.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I don’t know what the heck Blaster Master Zero is But it has Shantae in it so I must purchase it. /s
BB81407E-C069-4CF6-BB92-47E1F84D2255.png

Can someone explain the game to me, though? It looks interesting

KMDP

Smash Legend
I have a small feeling that the next big Zelda game will be to Breath of the Wild what Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time. Same engine, maybe many of the same assets, but refocused and retooled into something unique.

Breath of the Wild has one of the best open worlds in any game, ever, and is brought to life with beautiful art direction and sound design. However, anything that would require any sense of structure--story, side quests, characters--usually fall very flat. A game that can take BotW's strengths and iron out its weaknesses would be nearly perfect.

Though who knows how the next game will spring off of BotW. There've been two instances of one game setting a mold, followed by one or two games that deviate from it, and then one game that nearly perfects that mold (Zelda -> Zelda II -> Link to the Past; Ocarina -> Majora -> Wind Waker -> Twilight Princess). So we might get something really out there for the next main Zelda game, and then later we'll get something that returns to Breath of the Wild's mold with more refinement.
And then Nintendo releases "Breath of the Wild: Final Mix" which is just the same game again with more plot and sidequests.

I still need to get Breath of the Wild, I'm slacking on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom